Kristoffer Berntsson updated his blog | Golden Skate

Kristoffer Berntsson updated his blog

Eevun

Final Flight
http://www.landvetterkk.com/Kristoffer/My_thoughts/Entries/2008/11/11_Cup_of_China.html

We saw it, and it looked quite good for being the season debut after his surgery. Great to hear that it also felt well for him. :clap:

Before the long I was a little nervous, after all it was really the premiere of the new program, but already after a few seconds into the program it felt good as the audience started to cheer :)
I like my new long program and hope you do too...

Yes, we do, oh, we do, Koffe!! :love:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I LOVE :love: him! He's so much fun to watch! :cool: I've always enjoyed his programs and lovable personality. :bow: I too thought he had a respectable showing at COC after such a tough surgery. I'd love to see Koffe improve his consistency and be on a World and Olympic podium and I hope we see him for MANY more years to come! :love: my Koffe fix!! :rock:

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Thank you for the link, Eevun! :thumbsup:

Out of curiosity, does "Koffe" mean anything, or is it simply the shortened version of "Kristoffer"? (I'm Canadian, so I'm afraid my knowledge of Swedish customs is very limited. :p)

Last edited:

Eevun

Final Flight
. I'd love to see Koffe improve his consistency and be on a World and Olympic podium and I hope we see him for MANY more years to come! :love: my Koffe fix!! :rock:
He's 26, so he's one of the oldest. But he feels young, and he has not suffered from that hard injuries, so I hope he'll be with us for a couple of years more! :bow:

Out of curiosity, does "Koffe" mean anything, or is it simply the shortended version of "Kristoffer"? (I'm Canadian, so I'm afrad my knowledge of Swedish customs is very limited. :p)
Yes, you're right. It's short for Kristoffer. (IMO, he's not a 'Koffe', he is a 'Kristoffer', but it goes faster to write Koffe :p But apparently he's called Koffe by friends and family)

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
He's 26, so he's one of the oldest. But he feels young, and he has not suffered from that hard injuries, so I hope he'll be with us for a couple of years more! :bow:

I agree that age is not an issue for him. He's young at heart and he's extremely passionate about skating. I have no doubt Kristoffer will continue competing until the 2010 Olympics/Worlds at the very least. :yes:

Yes, you're right. It's short for Kristoffer. (IMO, he's not a 'Koffe', he is a 'Kristoffer', but it goes faster to write Koffe :p But apparently he's called Koffe by friends and family)

Is "Koffe" pronounced "kof-fay" or "coffee"? Or is it something else entirely? Please forgive this Canuck who only knows English and some French! ;)

His LP this season is hilarious! 80's music lol!

Only Kristoffer can make 80's music seem cool in a competitive environment!!! :laugh: :agree:

beep_beep

Medalist
Yeah, that program is so entertaining... plenty of 'bringing down the house' potencial. :rock: Only him to make it work ...

I noticed he skipped a decade this season (his FS for the last to seasons was 70's).
I wonder what will come next: 90's dance music (Snap! maybe?) with some Ace of Base for that nordic touch. :biggrin:
And he would make it work ! :rock:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Only Kristoffer can make 80's music seem cool in a competitive environment!!!
Well, I believe Kristoffer Berntsson can make any music cool! With the possible exception of Carmen and Tosca.

And I do believe we have found that rare skater that everyone likes!:cool: Or at least, if someone has any objection to him, please don't voice it.

Eevun

Final Flight
I agree that age is not an issue for him. He's young at heart and he's extremely passionate about skating. I have no doubt Kristoffer will continue competing until the 2010 Olympics/Worlds at the very least. :yes:
Yes, I think he will still be skating this. But I cross my fingers for that we'll get (at least) 2 spots in Olympic. There will be 3 men to fight for going there, Alexander Majorov is improves fast... So skate your *** of at Worlds, boys!!

Is "Koffe" pronounced "kof-fay" or "coffee"? Or is it something else entirely? Please forgive this Canuck who only knows English and some French! ;)
It's something in between... I've been thinking of how to explain this since yesterday :laugh: It's more like "kof" in the begining with a short 'e', like in energy or environment, I think :laugh: If you understand what I mean, you're really good at languages and especially Swedish :agree:

And I do believe we have found that rare skater that everyone likes!:cool: Or at least, if someone has any objection to him, please don't voice it.
I actually don't think that anyone can dislike him! He's such a entertainer on the ice, and off ice he's the most sweet, generous guy you can think of!
We love you, Koffe! :love:

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I noticed he skipped a decade this season (his FS for the last to seasons was 70's).
I wonder what will come next: 90's dance music (Snap! maybe?) with some Ace of Base for that nordic touch. :biggrin:
And he would make it work ! :rock:

I've noticed that Kristoffer tends to keep his more interesting programs for 2 seasons, so perhaps next year he'll do a 90's dance music SP! :cool:

Well, I believe Kristoffer Berntsson can make any music cool! With the possible exception of Carmen and Tosca.

He likes to be original and creative, so I'm sure he'll NEVER make his fans suffer through the over-used classics. :clap:

Yes, I think he will still be skating this. But I cross my fingers for that we'll get (at least) 2 spots in Olympic. There will be 3 men to fight for going there, Alexander Majorov is improves fast... So skate your *** of at Worlds, boys!!

Wow, the censors on this forum is pretty strict! :laugh:

I will ask the Skate Gods to give the Swedish men 2 spots for the 2010 Olympics. ;)

It's something in between... I've been thinking of how to explain this since yesterday :laugh: It's more like "kof" in the begining with a short 'e', like in energy or environment, I think :laugh: If you understand what I mean, you're really good at languages and especially Swedish :agree:

Thanks for the clarification. Actually, I'm pretty bad at languages other than English and my French is kinda rusty (plus my Kilngon and Elvish are awful, too! :p), so it'll probably take me a while to figure out the correct pronunciation.

Eevun

Final Flight
He's definitely a non-classic skater. And he shall wear tricot tights no more! :eek: Worlds 2004 Thank God, he stopped wearing things like that last season. *shrugs*
(I've have nothing against those costumes. Weir, e.g., suits very well in them, I can't imagine him wearing shirt and jeans on ice.)

I've noticed that Kristoffer tends to keep his more interesting programs for 2 seasons, so perhaps next year he'll do a 90's dance music SP! :cool:
:rock: If I happen to run into him in town or at a local competition, I'll sure ask. If he hadn't think of it before, I'll say we have a suggestion :laugh:

I will ask the Skate Gods to give the Swedish men 2 spots for the 2010 Olympics. ;)
Thanks a lot :agree:

Last edited: