Ladies' Free | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ladies' Free

frozenhell

Rinkside
Only 6 triples? what makes you think she won't do a 7 triple program?

If Mao choose 3A/2T, other combos will be 3F/3L and 3F/2L/2L. If Mao decides to go with just 3A, she will put two 3/3 and 2A/2L/2L. If Mao choose 3A/2T, it actually hurt her in terms of base points than going with single 3A. Maybe Mao wants to put 3A/2T to test whether she can put 2 3A in the future.

katymay

Medalist
Easily the worst performance I've seen from Em, ever. I can't believe that skater is the same one that placed 7th in Torino!

If she wants to get back to that level she obviously must put school on hold but I don't know if that's a sacrifice she wants to make.

Even if she put school on hold it is over. It was over a few years ago. It is over for Kimmie as well. Know when to fold 'em ladies.... Jumps erode, weight redistributes and it is time to retire.

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
OK, I think I cannot stay long, but I'll take what I can get. Have read the whole thread so far; thank you all for posting.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Even if she put school on hold it is over. It was over a few years ago. It is over for Kimmie as well. Know when to fold 'em ladies.... Jumps erode, weight redistributes and it is time to retire.
I think going to Harvard is absolutely the right choice for Emily, who would probably not have made it to the top anyway; her sister was lucky in this respect.

But skaters can come back after taking a hiatus when their bodies change or when they have other issues. Look at the Russian ladies (not the current lot): Slutskaya looked totally out of it in her late teens/early twenties about a decade ago, and came back stronger, better, and more confident. Elena Sokolova practically disappeared for five years before coming back for a very successful 2003 season and the occasional medal after that. The problem with the US ladies is that if they take time off, the next generation of baby balerinas comes in and they end up being forgotten. It's really a shame.

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
At this rate, I do not think that Emily is even going to go to Nationals, I think that that she is just going to bow out.

By the way Kimmie, is not done, she just had a rough night in a deep field, she will be back and stronger than ever

McWicked

On the Ice

No, Kimmie still can fight!!! I wont lose my faith in her.

R.D.

Record Breaker

But Meissner is still in MUCH better shape than that. Let's not kid ourselves here.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Candice Didier just went shooting into the lead, as the Eurosport lot are fond of saying. She's broken her PB by about twenty points overall. It's still by no means elite level skating, but good for her!