Thread: Skating on TV this year

Skating on TV this year

I will admit that I'm way behind on this and I'm sure it has been discussed a great deal but, would someone provide a short snip-it as to why non of the GP events are on TV - at least Cable tv? Obviously, I missed something.....

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    Quote Originally Posted by dwiggin3 View Post
    I will admit that I'm way behind on this and I'm sure it has been discussed a great deal but, would someone provide a short snip-it as to why non of the GP events are on TV - at least Cable tv? Obviously, I missed something.....

Here is the US no network was willing to pay what the ISU wanted for the rights to show the programs. Skate America was on Universal Sports and NBC showed part of it live.

Personally I would rather see NBC show the Grand Prix series then the horrible Disson Shows they have been showing!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sillylionlove View Post
    Here is the US no network was willing to pay what the ISU wanted for the rights to show the programs. Skate America was on Universal Sports and NBC showed part of it live.

Personally I would rather see NBC show the Grand Prix series then the horrible Disson Shows they have been showing!!

I agree.

The coverage of Skate America on Universal Sports was amazing. They showed all the performances in every discipline live, there were very few commercials, and there was no commentary. I loved it. I wish all of the Grand Prix events could be on that channel.

yup, in the US you have to subscribe to Ice Network if you want to see it on a screen and not live... NBC just isn't interested in the option...we'll get to see nationals and worlds though. at least we get something *shrugs*