Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sasha's Future Plans?

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar

Sasha's Future Plans?

[url]http://www.sashacohen.com/SOIschedule[/url].
    It is official that she will be doing SOI next season...doesn't seem to be devoting her year to training. This seems to answer those will she or won't she questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    [url]http://www.sashacohen.com/SOIschedule[/url].
    It is official that she will be doing SOI next season...doesn't seem to be devoting her year to training. This seems to answer those will she or won't she questions.
    I guess she has no intention of coming back.

No way is she ever going to make a serious comeback. One can only go so far with a double axel and triple salchow and triple toe loop, even if the skater in question is Sasha Cohen. I don't see how she could possibly participate in the entire SOI tour and be training as seriously as she needs to in order to have any chance and making another World/Oly team. Stick a fork in her, she is waaaaaaaaaay over done.

Sasha seems to have her life just about where she wants it. She headlines SOI, is in demand for every skating show that comes along, and has time to pursue other interests if she chooses.

I can't see any incentive for her to try to return to competition.

Edited to add: Far from being done, she's just getting started!

Down With It
    1) Your link does not work

2) Didn't we know this all along? This is NOT news.

Custom Title
    Too bad, with the free skates we've seen recently, Sasha's frequent one-two fall programs would be winning just about everything in sight! A medal at the Olympics is not out of the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruin714 View Post
    Too bad, with the free skates we've seen recently, Sasha's frequent one-two fall programs would be winning just about everything in sight! A medal at the Olympics is not out of the question.
    I don't think soo. Mao and Yu-na with their their jumping passes do enough to make mistakes and still beat Cohen. Plus with the flutz rules.

I think she's happy where she is and she owes the competitive skating world nothing. She headlines the only show out there, and does her job well. She was never known for her jumping she was known for her line and artistry. I say more power to her.

I'm sure Scott is breathing a huge sigh of relief that he isn't losing yet another headliner

Custom Title
    As one of Sasha's biggest fan, there was always a part of me that would have loved for her to make a comeback, but I think most of us knew that once the 2 yr. mark passed since Turin '06, she didn't have the motivation to continue in competitive skating- as you can't be a viable contender to finish on top of the podium so late in the Olympic cycle. Her "Carmen" '02 @ nationals will always be the no. 1 "Carmen" in my book.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    I don't think soo. Mao and Yu-na with their their jumping passes do enough to make mistakes and still beat Cohen. Plus with the flutz rules.
    Well don't limit it to just Mao and Yu-Na. Joannie, Yukari, and Carolina with mistakes would surely be beating Sasha now too.

Once Sasha took the whole 2006/2007 season off, I didn't really expect for her to come back. So this doesn't surprise me at all.

I hope she is enjoying herself and wish her all the best.

Custom Title
    This doesn't mean she isn't going to compete.
    Unless I miss my guess, it is the 2008/2009 season they have up.
    They don't have anything about the 2009/2010 season. It would show up as 2010 not 2009.

without sufficient training (which skating in SOI is far from) she won't be READY for 2010.

She could make a sentimental comeback as the 38 year old lady swimmer at the recent Olympics.

she'd have to have the same work ethic... but really, does she need to come back? silver is nothing to cry over, if you ask me... *shrugs*

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast