Thread: Kawaguchi/Smirnov's Music from 2007

Custom Title

Kawaguchi/Smirnov's Music from 2007

Can anyone tell me what music this is from Kawaguchi and Smirnov's LP at 2007 Worlds? The info box at the start says it's Saint Saëns' Piano Concerto but I'm pretty sure it isn't.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zbBFioYKx54

Thanks!
    Last edited by berrycute; 11-18-2008 at 10:46 AM.

A. Y. & E. P.: Tzars Of The Ice, Lords Of The Rink anya_angie's Avatar
    If it is what I think it is, what I think it is, (did not check the vid) but it may be Van Helsing by Alan Silvestri. Brilliant work, wish they used it better.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by anya_angie View Post
    If it is what I think it is, what I think it is, (did not check the vid) but it may be Van Helsing by Alan Silvestri. Brilliant work, wish they used it better.
    Really? Wow, I would so never have guessed that!
    Thanks!!!

A. Y. & E. P.: Tzars Of The Ice, Lords Of The Rink anya_angie's Avatar
    Well, only part of that is Van Helsing. But it is one of my favorite scores. I can't get enough of the first cue, Transylvania, 1896, and the final cue, Reunited. If memory serves me correctly, they use them both.(But I could choreograph better to enhance those glorious cues) Van Helsing is not something I would recommend for a pair/dance team or even a lady. At least the cues they used (other than Reunited) don't seem to fit with the style of pairs skating. When I first heard the score I thought of Kulik's Mortal Kombat, how he used a sword in that program. That's sort of what I imagined a program to Van Helsing to be like