Gala - 185 min

Gonna set my HDD Recorder... This coverage is wonderful

Eurosport schedule Cup of Russia GMT+1 [italy] :

Friday
    Short Program Ladies 15.15 LIVE
    Short Program Pairs 17.00 LIVE
    Short Program Men 18.45 LIVE

Saturday
    Something not live14.00 (they say FP Pairs but it's impossibile)
    Original Dance 14.45 LIVE
    Free Program Ladies 16.30
    Free Program Pairs 17.00 LIVE
    Free Program Men 18.30 LIVE

Sunday
    Free Dance 13.45
    Gala LIVE 14.30

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Is this on US cable? (doubt it)

Custom Title
    Watch youtube remove all videos again when ppl post them :(

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by KayMil01 View Post
    Watch youtube remove all videos again when ppl post them :(
    Would this work? Instead of posting links to videos on the message boards that Icenetwork people can easily find, maybe someone could just post that they have or found videos, and then people who want to see them would have to PM that person for the links to the vids. I'm guessing the Icenetwork people don't actually post here, so unless you are an active poster on this board with a decent number of posts, you wouldn't have access to videos through PM.

Also, the names/tags of the YouTube videos shouldn't mention Cup of Russia, the skater's name, or even skating at all. Name them something totally ridiculous so that nobody can find them. This is a more annoying process for the people posting videos, but it might be what it takes for all the diehard skating fans to get to see the skating they want to see before it gets removed. (Of course any skating fans who aren't a part of any skating message boards still wouldn't get to see anything on Youtube, but that's another story.)

I don't think anyone wants to be swamped with PM's asking for videos, but maybe there's a way to make it work. Just an idea, but it's probably not realistic because people just end up posting their video links on here anyway.
    Last edited by gold12345; 11-19-2008 at 05:21 PM.

gold, there are also other video hosting sites beside youtube. One (albeit in Russian) is rutube.ru.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gold12345 View Post
    entire post
    I found video links to US Sectionals, a few posters already PMed for links. It is working so far.

Dailymotion seems to work very well. I posted Caroline Zhang's link a few days ago, it's still there.

The burr up Speedy's Butt! visaliakid's Avatar
    IceNetwork folks subscribe to all the boards, read them all, and will eventually learn of all the foreign web streaming sites. Individuals who actively encourage the illegal posting of their streams in any form not only can have their Youtube accounts removed by Youtube, but could wind up in legal trouble with IN.

We may not like not having the ability to view this and future seasons skating on YouTube and equivelant sites, but IN will continually be extremely proactive in tracking down all videos that infringe on their web rights. Folks may not like it, but this is not going to change.

Ice Dancing and Johnny Fan MissIzzy's Avatar
    If so, IceNetwork is cutting off its nose to spite its face. This will not increase revenue so much as it will first decrease goodwill, and while that might not matter financially, it will then decrease awareness of the sport, it will decrease interest in it. In short; it will decrease viewers.
    And I don't know if IN can do anything to Russian video websites; Russia doesn't acknowledge US copyrights.

A Russian site is not responsible for US viewers seeing their content. I mean, we're talking about Russian fans posting Russian skating videos.

Quote Originally Posted by visaliakid View Post
    Individuals who actively encourage the illegal posting of their streams in any form not only can have their Youtube accounts removed by Youtube, but could wind up in legal trouble with IN.
    I sincerely hope USFS/IN does not waste their financial resources running up big lawyers' fees trying to track down scalawags who -- *gasp* -- post figure skating videos on the Internet.

I wish they would take that money and offer coaching scholarships to promising young skaters instead.

Larry - that's what the Memorial Fund is for.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    Larry - that's what the Memorial Fund is for.
    Who is Larry?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by visaliakid View Post
    IceNetwork folks subscribe to all the boards, read them all, and will eventually learn of all the foreign web streaming sites. Individuals who actively encourage the illegal posting of their streams in any form not only can have their Youtube accounts removed by Youtube, but could wind up in legal trouble with IN.

You seem to defend IN's atrocious behavior at every turn. To tell you the truth, IN's madness is making us diehard fans even more determined to do battle with them. So far they are losing this war badly. Russian sites/European sites/Chinese sites have absolutely NO intention to take any advice from IN. All of those videos on those sites are working. If IN wants to spend more money on useless legal battles with Russians, French & Chinese, well, go ahead. It will only dig an even big hole for IN, and I doubt this can help them last through the next season.

Custom Title
    In the long run, the more figure skating fans there are, the better IceNetwork is going to do. Squashing exposure and awareness of skating is just going to decrease interest in the sport. But if IceNetwork really thinks it's helping them to remove all foreign Grand Prix videos off YouTube and annoying a lot of people (as opposed to the couple handfuls of subscribers who may be opposed to videos being on YouTube), then oh well.
    Last edited by gold12345; 11-20-2008 at 01:33 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast