eleonora.d

On the Ice
Eurosport schedule Cup of Russia GMT+1 [italy] :

Friday
Short Program Ladies 15.15 LIVE
Short Program Pairs 17.00 LIVE
Short Program Men 18.45 LIVE

Saturday
Something not live14.00 (they say FP Pairs but it's impossibile)
Original Dance 14.45 LIVE
Free Program Ladies 16.30
Free Program Pairs 17.00 LIVE
Free Program Men 18.30 LIVE

Sunday
Free Dance 13.45
Gala LIVE 14.30

gold12345

Medalist
Watch youtube remove all videos again when ppl post them :(

Would this work? Instead of posting links to videos on the message boards that Icenetwork people can easily find, maybe someone could just post that they have or found videos, and then people who want to see them would have to PM that person for the links to the vids. I'm guessing the Icenetwork people don't actually post here, so unless you are an active poster on this board with a decent number of posts, you wouldn't have access to videos through PM.

Also, the names/tags of the YouTube videos shouldn't mention Cup of Russia, the skater's name, or even skating at all. Name them something totally ridiculous so that nobody can find them. This is a more annoying process for the people posting videos, but it might be what it takes for all the diehard skating fans to get to see the skating they want to see before it gets removed. (Of course any skating fans who aren't a part of any skating message boards still wouldn't get to see anything on Youtube, but that's another story.)

I don't think anyone wants to be swamped with PM's asking for videos, but maybe there's a way to make it work. Just an idea, but it's probably not realistic because people just end up posting their video links on here anyway.

Last edited:

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
gold, there are also other video hosting sites beside youtube. One (albeit in Russian) is rutube.ru.

visaliakid

Final Flight
Country
United-States
IceNetwork folks subscribe to all the boards, read them all, and will eventually learn of all the foreign web streaming sites. Individuals who actively encourage the illegal posting of their streams in any form not only can have their Youtube accounts removed by Youtube, but could wind up in legal trouble with IN.

We may not like not having the ability to view this and future seasons skating on YouTube and equivelant sites, but IN will continually be extremely proactive in tracking down all videos that infringe on their web rights. Folks may not like it, but this is not going to change.

MissIzzy

Final Flight
If so, IceNetwork is cutting off its nose to spite its face. This will not increase revenue so much as it will first decrease goodwill, and while that might not matter financially, it will then decrease awareness of the sport, it will decrease interest in it. In short; it will decrease viewers.
And I don't know if IN can do anything to Russian video websites; Russia doesn't acknowledge US copyrights.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
A Russian site is not responsible for US viewers seeing their content. I mean, we're talking about Russian fans posting Russian skating videos.

Individuals who actively encourage the illegal posting of their streams in any form not only can have their Youtube accounts removed by Youtube, but could wind up in legal trouble with IN.
I sincerely hope USFS/IN does not waste their financial resources running up big lawyers' fees trying to track down scalawags who -- *gasp* -- post figure skating videos on the Internet.

I wish they would take that money and offer coaching scholarships to promising young skaters instead.

fiercemao

Match Penalty
IceNetwork folks subscribe to all the boards, read them all, and will eventually learn of all the foreign web streaming sites. Individuals who actively encourage the illegal posting of their streams in any form not only can have their Youtube accounts removed by Youtube, but could wind up in legal trouble with IN.

You seem to defend IN's atrocious behavior at every turn. To tell you the truth, IN's madness is making us diehard fans even more determined to do battle with them. So far they are losing this war badly. Russian sites/European sites/Chinese sites have absolutely NO intention to take any advice from IN. All of those videos on those sites are working. If IN wants to spend more money on useless legal battles with Russians, French & Chinese, well, go ahead. It will only dig an even big hole for IN, and I doubt this can help them last through the next season.

gold12345

Medalist
In the long run, the more figure skating fans there are, the better IceNetwork is going to do. Squashing exposure and awareness of skating is just going to decrease interest in the sport. But if IceNetwork really thinks it's helping them to remove all foreign Grand Prix videos off YouTube and annoying a lot of people (as opposed to the couple handfuls of subscribers who may be opposed to videos being on YouTube), then oh well.

Last edited:

fiercemao

Match Penalty
A Russian site is not responsible for US viewers seeing their content. I mean, we're talking about Russian fans posting Russian skating videos.

As a reasonable and logic person, you still haven't grasped IN's mad logic. They're basically saying any site, whether it's an American, Chinese, Russian, French has an obligation to prevent American viewers from watching those figure skating videos. So since US viewers are able to see content on a Russian site, that Russian site has an obligation to take down the videos to prevent that from happening. Is this crazy?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
it's not their "mad logic" it's their right to demand they be taken down. doesn't matter which country it's from. whether or not they have a legal foothold to stand on, they can still ask, and the site can decide one way or the other to comply.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
it's not their "mad logic" it's their right to demand they be taken down. doesn't matter which country it's from. whether or not they have a legal foothold to stand on, they can still ask, and the site can decide one way or the other to comply.
I'm not a lawyer but it seems to me that the if the uploaded videos are from Eurosport, then it's Eurosport that has the right to demand they be taken down, not IN. As someone to whom IN is not available, who is accessing international youtube sites, and whose IP is clearly not North American, I fail to see what legal foothold IN has to stand on.

gold12345 said:
Squashing exposure and awareness of skating is just going to decrease interest in the sport.
I don't think pirated live broadcasts should be allowed, but for many viewers Youtube is their only opportunity to watch any figure skating. IN would do well to release coverage to the website a reasonable length of time after each event, which could create further interest in their product. Many networks do offer access to their programming online.

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
As a reasonable and logic person, you still haven't grasped IN's mad logic. They're basically saying any site, whether it's an American, Chinese, Russian, French has an obligation to prevent American viewers from watching those figure skating videos. So since US viewers are able to see content on a Russian site, that Russian site has an obligation to take down the videos to prevent that from happening. Is this crazy?

I think it is crazy that they're denying the rest of the world figure skating videos in their effort to prevent US viewers from watching it.