Which Skater (despite the odds) You Hope Skates His/Her Best? | Golden Skate

Which Skater (despite the odds) You Hope Skates His/Her Best?

My picks would be:

Ladies: Jenni Vahamaa

Men: Vaughan Chipeur

Pairs: no pick. (they withdrew)

Dance: Copley/Stagniunas

None of them will make the podium, imo, but I like them anyway.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
My picks would be:
Ladies: Jenni Vahamaa
None of them will make the podium, imo, but I like them anyway.
As Chuckm noted, Jenni's out. The ISU lists only 11 ladies for CoR. I would like to see Kimmie Meissner deliver a good performance; the placement is less important.

I would also like to see Cappelini/Lanotte on the podium, which considering the way the have been judged so far would require an amazing performance. Also, I hope the Zaretskis skate much better than at CoC, and that Voloshozar/Morozov win the pairs - again, this would require a very strong performance. And of course, I want Brian Joubert to skate like himself and not like last week; considering the way his season started, I'm not sure what the odds are on that.

Last edited:
As Chuckm noted, Jenni's out. The ISU lists only 11 ladies for CoR. I would like to see Kimmie Meissner deliver a good performance; the placement is less important.
ok With Jenni out, Glebova or Meissner.

I would also like to see Cappelini/Lanotte on the podium, the Zaretskis with a better showing than at CoC, and Voloshozar/Morozov win the pairs. And of course, I want Brian Joubert to skate like himself and not like last week.
they are all kind of considered for a medal. Really, looking for the downtrodden and looked over ones you kind of like but do not have a chance..

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Looked-over skaters for the medals at this event whom I happen to adore are...........
Men: Koffe:love:, Sasha:love:, and Adam:love:
Ladies: Julia:bow: and Kimmie:bow:
Ice Dance: Alexandra & Roman:clap: and Anna & Luca:clap:

Hope they all do well!

Last edited:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
they are all kind of considered for a medal. Really, looking for the downtrodden and looked over ones you kind of like but do not have a chance..
The Zaretskis have a chance? This year? There is no way they can win a medal. I'm worried they may finish lower at Euros and Worlds compared to last year.

Last edited:

lmarie086

Medalist
My first choice for pairs withdrew (Castile/Okolski). But there is still Volosozhar/Morosov; if they land on the podium here will that get them to the GPF?

Dance: I'd like to see Davis/White prove that a Russian team can be beaten in Russia just so that there's no "conspiracy theories." The same goes for Anna/Luca as well. For me, those are the two teams I'd most like to see on the podium. I also hope that Copely/Stagniunas skate better than at SA; I'm really beginning to like them.

Ladies: Kimmie! I just want her to get her jumps back, and better than ever! I want her to skate with confidence again.

Men: It may be a bit against the odds (I just don't know), but I'd like to see Abbott overcome the nerves again and prove he's a real contender. I'd also like to see Rippon land his 3A and look happier than he did at SA.

L

LKR722

Kimmie!!!:clap::clap: I believe in her, and I hope she believes in herself and gains her confidence back. I also want Alissa to skate well, and hopefully skate a clean SP!

turtle

On the Ice
The original question was which skater you hope to skate well 'despite the odds". Since Kostner, Joubert, Domnina/Shabalin are favorites going into this, my list will include Davis and White, Czisny, and Abbott. Not much interested in pairs, personally.