Practice Reports | Golden Skate

Practice Reports

eleonora.d

On the Ice
http://www.artonice.it/?q=it/node/5986

I don't have the time to translate, but briefly:
Dance practice was not open to the public,
Carolina had a good pratice with good 3lutzes and 2a+3t and left the rink last.

Suguri looked very comfortable especially on the step sequence.

Russians looked very nervous probably for the last Piseev press conference about the olympic team.

Flatt was not present.

Overall shape of other ladies is not excting, many falls in the first group where the americans skated.

oleada

Record Breaker
From that article...

Julia Sebestyen has a new look.
Petushkova did a 2A+3T combo, but otherwise was not impressive.
Ksenia Doronina has serious health problems :(
Alena Leonova has matured a lot and was a joy to watch when she skated fluidly.
Na-Young Kim keeps getting confused with Yu-Na Kim :lol:

From a Russian forum:

Na-Young Kim was introduced as Yu-Na Kim :laugh:
Kimmie had a lot of falls.

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Flatt has arrived, but her skates have not---that's why she wasn't at practice.

Kostner has junked her Swan Lake FS and will use her FS from last season.

L

LKR722

From that article...

Julia Sebestyen has a new look.
Petushkova did a 2A+3T combo, but otherwise was not impressive.
Ksenia Doronina has serious health problems :(
Alena Leonova has matured a lot and was a joy to watch when she skated fluidly.
Na-Young Kim keeps getting confused with Yu-Na Kim :lol:

From a Russian forum:

Na-Young Kim was introduced as Yu-Na Kim :laugh:
Kimmie had a lot of falls.

Thank you!!:) I hope Kimmie can shake off the bad practice..I am really pulling for her.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
Oh, dear, for Meissner (bad practice) and Flatt (skates not arriving). I really feel for the skaters; I'm sure pre-9/11 era skaters carried their skates with them, clutching them for dear life. It would be so hard for me to release control of something so completely critical as my skates, if I were a competitive skater! :frown:

I'm afraid Kimmie is truly done. :cry: I'm sure that seems a tiny bit premature with the comp not even started yet, but the signs just look so very bad.

dancing_tessa

Rinkside
Flatt has arrived, but her skates have not---that's why she wasn't at practice.

Kostner has junked her Swan Lake FS and will use her FS from last season.

Too bad for Rachael! I really hope her skates arrive in time for the SP tomorrow!

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks for the update. Poor Rachael arriving in Russia without her skates. I hope they show up pronto. Carolina is dumping Swan Lake, can't say I am to disappointed with that news. As for Kimmie falling a lot in practice if she did not have prior jump issues I would not be concerned but.......lets hope she leaves the falls on the practice ice where they belong.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Thanks for the update. Poor Rachael arriving in Russia without her skates. I hope they show up pronto. Carolina is dumping Swan Lake, can't say I am to disappointed with that news. As for Kimmie falling a lot in practice if she did not have prior jump issues I would not be concerned but.......lets hope she leaves the falls on the practice ice where they belong.

but how often is "a lot"? 3 times? 5? 10? 50, perhaps? How many did she attempt? IOW, it serves not much use for prediction if it's not quantified. ;)

gold12345

Medalist
I'm afraid Kimmie is truly done. :cry: I'm sure that seems a tiny bit premature with the comp not even started yet, but the signs just look so very bad.

Oh geez. It's just a vague practice report. She looked good in the Skate America practices and then messed up in the competition, so I don't put much weight into practice reports. Even if she's totally awful here, it wouldn't mean she's done... It would just mean she would have to work her tail off, make adjustments, and hope for better luck next time at Nationals. Countless skaters have rebounded from less than stellar seasons/performances.

Poor Rachael not having her skates. Hopefully they get there in time. That must be so frustrating to feel all ready to go, and then not be able to practice because your equipment is missing!

Last edited:

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Poor Rachael not having her skates. Hopefully they get there in time. That must be so frustrating to feel all ready to go, and then not be able to practice because your equipment is missing!

As I recall, this happened back in February at the Junior World Championship in Bulgaria. Caroline's skates arrived late which messed up her practice. She lost the gold to Rachael by about 1/3 point.

Bennett

Record Breaker
As I recall, this happened back in February at the Junior World Championship in Bulgaria. Caroline's skates arrived late which messed up her practice. She lost the gold to Rachael by about 1/3 point.

This happened to Mao, too, after GPF and before Nationals last season. I also thought it happened to Lambiel before??? I also remember similar stories from other skaters (don't remember who though). There have been so many missings.

Mao is sponsored by the United or something and they treat her literally like a pricess. They prepare amazingly wonderful presents for her for many occasions etc etc. If she used that line and they still lost her bag, I wonder if there is any way to prevent this kind of trouble to happen.

ETA
I am not sure if I am sad or happy that Caro stopped using her current LP and has returned to her program.

Last edited:

flying camel

Medalist
Overall shape of other ladies is not excting, many falls in the first group where the americans skated.[/QUOTE]

Well considering Rachael didn't have skates it sounds like Kimmie and Alissa were falling. This doesn't sound good.:unsure:

berrycute

On the Ice
oh no no no, why has Caro ditched Swan Lake!?! I know it wasn't popular with some FS fans, but it extended her and she could have learnt more trying something different. I'll miss it :(