GREATEST "moves in the field"-element | Golden Skate

GREATEST "moves in the field"-element

S

Spree2spree

GREATEST "moves in the field"-element

choose your favourite "moves in the field"-element...

J

Joesitz

Re: GREATEST "moves in the field"-element

Has to be Dorothy Hamil's rockers, counters, three turns, brackets, mohawks and choctaws and impeccable edging. All this in a sophisticated style with flooooow.

Joe

S

Spree2spree

don't really know that one Joe... is their any clip on the net i can see!..sound really great...

J

Joesitz

Spree - I do date myself back in those days and saw Dorothy covering the ice with basic skills and superb edging. She continued to that when she toured with COI (or SOI) just a few years ago and 40 plus! I'm sure if you have access to old videos or even recent ones of Shows, she'll be in them.

Joe

mzheng

Record Breaker

Just recently watched a TV show or COI disk? (I don't remember which one). For all the famel skaters they shown no one can hold the candle to Dorothy in respect of covering the ice with basic skills and superb edging. The show included Cat Witt, Okasona B, etc.

IMO, the basics is what last you long well beyond the the eligible skating. With current crops of ladies I don't see any could reache Dorothy's level when they are 40s.

I

icenut84

When you described Sasha's and Michelle's moves, do you mean the move where they skate backwards, lift their free leg up behind them into a split and lower their upper body so they touch their foot? If so, it's called a Charlotte Spiral.

I voted for Vanessa :)

D

Dee4707

I voted for Sasha. Anything she does is remarkable.

Dee