Ladies SP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP

Kinga

Medalist
There's something wrong when it's better to fall than underrotate a jump.

This is sooooo annoying!

And indeed, Kostner was held up. Kimmie's program was so much nicer, had a better flow, whereas Kostner's mistakes were disturbing her program a lot. So how is it possible that the difference between them is so huge??? I cannot believe it.
Just speaking of Kostner's tango - it is ok, but it is not that great to get such a huge PCS!! (Even her dress is not that nice as the previous one).

enlight78

Medalist
Geez Louise, Kostner's PCS are astronomical! Was she really that good?

(Being a little silly trying to make myself feel better about Kimmie!)

Other than the jumps and spiral it was very nice, but i think the judges give her bonus pcs for speed.

kimmie loop and lutz didn't have much hieght. I wouldn't be surprise if they overrotated doubles. Personaly I think bad 2lzt + 2t ,bad 2l,2a is worst than
3lz fall seq, 3lip ,2a

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Flatt: first time I've seen her in real time. She seemed tentative, I think with experience she'll learn to project more to the audience. Was she not feeling well? She looked flushed and her eyes seemed glassy.

If I had to guess the reason for this would be the fact that her lost skates arrived at the 11th hour. Poor girl was probably stressed out! I don't think she got any practice time on Russian ice until the warm-up prior to the SP. She's still top 3 after the SP.

Tesla

Final Flight
Does icenetwork have the SP protocals available? If Kimmie underrotated everything, she will get dinged. Maybe she had low levels too. I don't know. I haven't seen the programs and only know what I've read on messageboards. What do the FSUers have to say? I don't have a pass to the comp forums.

ETA Level 1s on everything really explains the low score.

R.D.

Record Breaker
well...what did I say? Meissner has much more to be concerned about than just not falling. I haven't seen the performance so I won't jump to conclusions about whether it should have been higher or not, but it seems that her scores are in free fall regardless of how she does. 48 must be a new low for her. :eek: this might be the beginning of the end for her.

Good for Rachel and Alyssa. Hopefully either can get a medal of some kind.

efreedman

On the Ice
Finishing After the Music

no, only one, but got an other deduction. maybe because she finished the routine after the end of the music (all the girls had this problem so far)

I noticed that they do not apply this uniformly and some got off without that deduction, i.e. Glebova. I think that the cheering was so loud at the end of her routine she couldn't hear the music. Shades of Michelle.

McWicked

On the Ice
I'm not that kind of guy who likes protestin or anything in any sport... but SERIOUSLY, I agree Kimmie's team should protest. I keep re-watchin her SP & the only jump that could've been underrotated was her 2Axel, the rest were fine.

efreedman

On the Ice
Flatt's Posture

It was the first time that I saw Racheal on TV (before it was only youtube), and I like her style. However, her posture is bothering me.

Rachel is round shouldered and needs to pull them back; my mother used to do that with me, forcibly. Her hair in a bun at the back of her head just above a short neck doesn't help either. She needs to place the bun at the top of her head to give more of an illusion of a longer neck.

sillylionlove

Medalist
I feel really bad for Kimmie!!

I haven't been able to watch any competition other then Skate America but from what you guys have been saying and reporting....the ladies ths year are not really that good or exciting. So maybe in a way I am glad that I can't see it.

But thanks everyone for the info that you are reporting. I really appreciate it.

outofafrica

Rinkside
but all level 1??? aren't they the same elements at SA??? What the hell is going on?? And yeah, the jumps definitely look fine to me!

kandidy

Final Flight
I feel sad for Kimmie, I thought she is going to be in top three. Alas, look at her face, she was so shocked.
I feel nothing inspired from Rachel, she needs to sell her program to the audience better than this.
What a fall from Glebova, even my boyfriend who has no interest in FS, saw that and laughed.
I love Julia Sebestyan new hair! She looks like completely different person from our granny! Her first jump was hugh! The best one I have seen today.
Kostner... I kind of guessing her score before she land her skate on the ice that she will be somewhere on the top no matter how sluggish her skate shall be.

Snowgirl

On the Ice
but all level 1??? aren't they the same elements at SA??? What the hell is going on?? And yeah, the jumps definitely look fine to me!

The elements may be the same. just executed differently. Her spins and spiral were not that good today.