Pairs SP | Golden Skate

Pairs SP

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Sokolova/Sokolov for Israel - that was not impressive. Clean triple twist to start, but downhill after that with mistakes on the SBS jumps and a fall on the pair spin. Eurosport broadcasters suggest he needs to work on basic skating skills. I agree. They have apparently been skating together for 5 years. I never would have guessed it. A shade over 31.

Last edited:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
During the warmup they showed someone in the stands who looked a lot like Maxim Marinin, with a very cute baby. Was it Marinin with his very cute baby?

outofafrica

Rinkside
Sokolova/Sokolov for Israel - that was not impressive. Clean triple twist to start, but downhill after that with mistakes on the SBS jumps and a fall on the pair spin. Eurosport broadcasters suggest he needs to work on basic skating skills. I agree. They have apparently been skating together for 5 years. I never would have guessed it. A shade over 31.

They've skated together for 5 years??? oh dear...

oleada

Record Breaker
I'm really impressed by the Junior Russian teams, despite the mistakes. They have tons of potential, particularly I/M. They had more fluidity and prescence in their first 2 second than the rest of the pairs combined.

beep_beep

Medalist
Lubov ILIUSHECHKINA / Nodari MAISURADZE had a really strange fall. After landing *beautiful* sbs 3T, his skate caught on the ice, he fell and then she fell on top of him. He looked devastated on the end of the program... :(

oleada

Record Breaker
Lubov ILIUSHECHKINA / Nodari MAISURADZE had a really strange fall. After landing *beautiful* sbs 3T, his skate caught on the ice, he fell and then she fell on top of him. He looked devastated on the end of the program... :(

It's a shame because up until then, it was perfect and absolutely gorgeous. That freak fall really unsettled them. They are the most unique and promising team that I've seen in ages (probably since Savchenko/Szolkowy made their debut). SKATE GODS, LEAVE THEM ALONE!

Natalia Pavlova is doing an amazing job with her junior pairs teams!

Snowgirl

On the Ice
During the warmup they showed someone in the stands who looked a lot like Maxim Marinin, with a very cute baby. Was it Marinin with his very cute baby?

That was indeed Maxim Marinin with his son.

And during warm-up they showed Plushenko.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
My poor Israelis we are really getting hit hard by the judges this year in the pairs and in the dance :cry:
I don't know about the Zaretskis, but S/S have only themselves to blame. There were too many mistakes and the program did not work at all. In their defense, they were last minute replacements for the Americans and probably had to scramble to get ready. Maybe they'll do better in the LP.

Last edited:

lmarie086

Medalist
Noo V/M!
58.34? With two falls? I mean the quality of everything else they did was just top notch, but that still seems a bit high.

Last edited:

gold12345

Medalist
Noo V/M!
58.34? With two falls? I mean the quality of everything else they did was just top notch, but that still seems a bit high.

Did they really fall twice? That score is insane. GPF, here they come.

I think Morozov was at CoC just for show, Ingo couldn't be there or something.
But Steuer is is V/M coach now.

Morozov does their choreography, I believe.

Last edited:

lmarie086

Medalist
K/S: she fell on the SBS triple, and had a funny landing on the throw. I couldn't tell if she bumped into him on the twist though. Still, other than the jumps they looked pretty good.

Currently in first.

outofafrica

Rinkside
I think Morozov was at CoC just for show, Ingo couldn't be there or something.
But Steuer is is V/M coach now.

oh wow.. V/M and S/S sharing the same coach now? i'm so behind haha...

wonder how they like it? Two former partners with different partners now training on the same ice with the same coach.