Ladies LP | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP

McWicked

On the Ice
well, this thread has taken many turns in its lifetime. first, the ladies LP, then how Meissner was cheated, how we feel so sorry for her, and now let's critique Rachel's expression/lack of it.

Incredible :p

:rofl::rofl::rofl: true.

I see Rachel as having a not-so-good physique. I think that is what causes some to think there is poor posture. There is no waitline and I think her dressmaker could at least improve on that.

As for Ballet, I just don't see it in Figure Skating. Maybe in the arms, but not much else.

What do you mean by that???

Last edited by a moderator:

flying camel

Medalist
Well Rachael is still filling out, so a waistline may come later. But I remember Sasha saying that she didn't have much of a curvy figure, but her dressmaker made her dresses to look like she was more curvy. So, Rachael just needs some one to take control and figure out what would look good on her.

AwesomeIce

Match Penalty
Well Rachael is still filling out, so a waistline may come later. But I remember Sasha saying that she didn't have much of a curvy figure, but her dressmaker made her dresses to look like she was more curvy. So, Rachael just needs some one to take control and figure out what would look good on her.

Its not just that, it is that Rachael does not have a toned appearance at all. I don't want to say that she looks flabby, but she has a rather soft look to her, not very athletic at all. Could give her trouble when she grows.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I see what happened to Meissner happening to Rachel in a couple of years. She seems to have that type of build. Too bad, because with a little improvement she could be "our" best hope.

oleada

Record Breaker
I see what happened to Meissner happening to Rachel in a couple of years. She seems to have that type of build. Too bad, because with a little improvement she could be "our" best hope.

I actually can see that too :(

AwesomeIce

Match Penalty

I don't see them as having the same build at all. Kimmie has always looked more muscular, while Rachael has always looked soft and kind of doughy, despite being petite. Meissner has filled out, yes, but she is still very muscular and fit looking, and I don't see Rachael going in that direction unless she really steps up her off-ice strength training.

Nigel

On the Ice
Its not just that, it is that Rachael does not have a toned appearance at all. I don't want to say that she looks flabby, but she has a rather soft look to her, not very athletic at all. Could give her trouble when she grows.

Not sure how one can define Flatt as "non-athletic". She has got to be in pretty good shape to pull off 6-7 triple programs, and quite strong to attempt 3/3's. I think she just doesn't have the typical slight build that many of the current skaters around the world have. Not flabby by any means...not curvy either, just not obvious muscle definition that shows up in rail thin skaters.

bekalc

Record Breaker
Meissner always had a lean frame when she was younger. Rachael's body type reminds me of Midori's, Irina's, and Cupcakes/Arakawa's. People who never really counted on small frames to land the jumps and so were never affected much by puberty.

AwesomeIce

Match Penalty
Not sure how one can define Flatt as "non-athletic". She has got to be in pretty good shape to pull off 6-7 triple programs, and quite strong to attempt 3/3's. I think she just doesn't have the typical slight build that many of the current skaters around the world have. Not flabby by any means...not curvy either, just not obvious muscle definition that shows up in rail thin skaters.
I know, flabby wasn't really the word I wanted, but I can't think of anything else that describes her figure. She doesn't need to be rail thin to have muscle definition, and I would never say that she should be rail thin. And obviously anyone who can do triple jumps is athletic, but Flatt's BODY SHAPE does not look like that of most serious athetes, in that she does lack muscle definition, and I think that will be a problem for her when she grows, she will have a much harder time rotating her body on the jumps, and the jumps are really all she has to rely on.

oleada

Record Breaker
Meissner always had a lean frame when she was younger. Rachael's body type reminds me of Midori's, Irina's, and Cupcakes/Arakawa's. People who never really counted on small frames to land the jumps and so were never affected much by puberty.

Hmm, Rachael doesn't remind me of Midori at all. Midori was always rather bow-legged. Rachael's straight up and down (the kind like puberty really hasn't set in yet) - not much of a womanly figure like Arakawa & Slutskaya.

Nigel

On the Ice
I know, flabby wasn't really the word I wanted, but I can't think of anything else that describes her figure. She doesn't need to be rail thin to have muscle definition, and I would never say that she should be rail thin. And obviously anyone who can do triple jumps is athletic, but Flatt's BODY SHAPE does not look like that of most serious athetes, in that she does lack muscle definition, and I think that will be a problem for her when she grows, she will have a much harder time rotating her body on the jumps, and the jumps are really all she has to rely on.

Flatt is 16 1/2 and looking at her parents, I don't think she has much if any growing left to do. If anything, I think the puberty bug has come and gone. Neither of her parents are tall, both are in good shape (IIRC, she mentioned in an Ice Network interview that both her parents are still very active...tennis, skiing, surfing, swimming, running... they go back to San Diego every year so that her Dad can run one of the marathons there). Flatt doesn't strike me as flabby...just not obviously "ripped"! Just her body type I suppose.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Flabby?? :confused: Come on guys, you can do better than that :rofl: I've seen flabby and NONE of these skaters come even close. And they shouldn't.

samba

On the Ice
I think she just have "baby fat" that still there since she's quite young. Some kids are late bloomer, take some time to get rid of that. She does not look like going to puberty yet.;)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Mostly, she has a round face and braces. It makes her look younger than she actually is.