Pairs LP | Golden Skate

Pairs LP

oleada

Record Breaker
Baby Russians crush the field. They're fabulous, especially her, and have amazing potential. Can hardly believe this is only their second year skating together, and that she only recently switched to pairs :thumbsup:

Kinga

Medalist
ETA: I expect the Zhangs to win, but I really like Kawaguchi and Smirnov. You cannot go wrong with Tamara Moskvina ;)

Totally oposite to me - I cannot get into their skating at all. Many reasons behind it - not the greatest unision, sloppiness, not the best lines, horrible costumes.
I hope V/M show what they are capable of.

The young Russian pair: Il/Mai has a huge potential. They could be the best in the future.

MissCleo

On the Ice
I just looked them up since I had no idea who they were. It seems that they had an impressive season last year, finishing 4th at Russian senior nationals and then 2nd at junior worlds. I am impressed.
As a side note, I did not know that one can compete in the junior Grand Prix circuit as well as senior Grand Prix circuit. Has it always been so?

lmarie086

Medalist
I/M have just grabbed my attention. I'll definitely be looking for them in the future; so much potential! She especially seems really special.

They seemed to tire out toward the end (understandable because they had to add to the program right for seniors, right?) but overall, they're going to be big in the future IMO (as long as the skate gods don't get them!).

turtle

On the Ice
Totally oposite to me - I cannot get into their skating at all. Many reasons behind it - not the greatest unision, sloppiness, not the best lines, horrible costumes.

Same here. I have loved all the top pairs skaters Tamara has coached but not this team, for the same reasons you listed here. Zhangs are more exciting to watch.

oleada

Record Breaker
Ozerova&Enbert - not as good as the first Russians, and botched their throws (which was fabulous in the SP), but they have tons of potential too. It's also only their second year together. I've heard they work with Moskvina so I bet their levels are really high, too...

lmarie086

Medalist
Ahh, V/M. What happened to the Morosov we saw at CoC? They didn't skate with nearly the same abandon here that they did there.

Ingo and Tatiana didn't even look at him in the KnC; he looks so troubled and weary.

gopatrick

EnChanted
On the Ice
K/S went for a throw 4S! Two-footed though, and the rest of program is not that sharp, fell on the jump...I guess she still has some hang-over from her birthday party:unsure:

Kinga

Medalist
Pairs competition in the recent years became horrible to watch. Mistakes after mistakes, even in top pairs. Sad.

turtle

On the Ice
Disappointing to see a team can come out a winner with a disastrous program like that. I'm glad that Zhangs won but I'm so disappointed with pairs skating these days. It used to be my favorite discipline for a long time.

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
The Zhangs have won overall, but K&S won the Free Skate--and it looks as if they have won it on Technical--:biggrin: :clap:

outofafrica

Rinkside
How did K/S beat Z/Z? Is it only because they compete in Russia?

nope, Dan Zhang doubled the second part of the sequence, and singled the second jump, and one of their lifts didn't even get started.

K/S did a throw 4S too :)