Kurt Browning's Father Passes Away | Golden Skate

Kurt Browning's Father Passes Away

Tigger

Final Flight
They mentioned it at the end of the CBC's broadcast of Cup of China this afternoon.

Condolences to Kurt and the family.

L

LKR722

My prayers go out to Kurt and the rest of the Browning family.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
oh no :( I knew Kurt's dad was not doing well but this is still so sad as I know Kurt and he were close.

prayers for the Browning family :cry:

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Oh that's so sad. My thoughts and prayers go out to Kurt and his family. :cry:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
My sympathies to Kurt and the Browning family. Sad news indeed.

tarotx

On the Ice
Sad. I can just imagine the pain the family is suffering. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was reading an article about Kurt and family. I knew his dad was ill but didn't know that he had breast cancer.

Dee

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Dewey's battled cancer off and on for a long while from what I've gathered. And Kurt's mom also battled cancer IIRC... Sonia's family hasn't been immune either, which is why he's been a part of the last few cancer skates that have been televised (I guess just the last couple)... he mentioned his dad's battle with brest cancer - bringing awareness to the lesser known.

astimegoesby

On the Ice
My deepest sympathies to Kurt, his family, and everyone else fortunate to have met Dewey in person. I can't think of too many other skating parents who received a tribute on national TV after passing away, and I think both Kurt and the CBC handled it as classy as they could.

From all accounts--including Kurt's--Dewey was an incredible man who will be missed very much. :cry:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I missed seeing the broadcast this afternoon. My deepest condolences to Kurt and his family.

Teenes

On the Ice
Dewey Browning was a wonderful man, and will definitely be missed.

According to Kurt's agent, contributions in his honor can be made to:

Rocky Mountain House Hospital and Care Centre
5016 52 Ave.
Rocky Mountain House AB T4T 1T2

Kurt spoke about his father's battle with breast cancer in this interview and mentioned that his father was a 3x survivor in the Frosted Pink broadcast last fall.

lcd

Match Penalty
My deepest sympathies to Kurt, his family, and everyone else fortunate to have met Dewey in person. I can't think of too many other skating parents who received a tribute on national TV after passing away, and I think both Kurt and the CBC handled it as classy as they could.

From all accounts--including Kurt's--Dewey was an incredible man who will be missed very much. :cry:

Wonderful tribute to a class act family

zhang fan

Rinkside
Parents are the most important part of the development of great people not to mention artists and athletes. Kurt being one of the greatest skaters of all time.
His father must have been quite a man.
I am saddened for their loss

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
When it was announced on CBC's coverage of CoC that Kurt's father had passed away only a few days beforehand, I was not surprised at the news since I was aware that Dewey had cancer, but I was shocked that Kurt managed to stay focused and lively during the commentary. When my grandfather passed away unexpectedly (unlike the rest of my control-freak family, he was actually gentle with me), I couldn't concentrate on anything for a couple months afterwards. I don't know how Kurt did it, but I think it was very gutsy of him to put on a face in front of TV cameras when deep down he was really hurting. My heart goes out to both him and his family.