Hybrid System - NJS Discussion | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Hybrid System - NJS Discussion

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think the bekalc is referring to the Ladies SP thread at the Cup of Russia and that discussion and the spill over onto the Ladies LP

bekalc

Record Breaker
I think the bekalc is referring to the Ladies SP thread at the Cup of Russia and that discussion and the spill over onto the Ladies LP

That's what I was definetly referring too. There's even a picture of a screw on one of those threads. Not to mention like Meissner "had no control" and the talk about the technical controller's past.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not thrilled about the technical controller's past and cheating in the past would make me say NO to her judging again (personally) but still in a court of law a lot of times things like previous offenses are viewed as prejudicial.

I think it's a fair question to ask why would this person want to screw with Meissner? IF this was about helping out one contestant, than it shouldn't have been JUST Meissner's calls that were questioned. And at this point too, Meissner wasn't even a threat at all to make the GPF based on Skate America.

I mean if the point of this was to help Kostner, than why did this technical controller give Rachael Flatt more level fours than Kostner? And Kostner herself got two underrotation calls at this event....

I have seen fishy stuff before, but I just am not so sure I find this stuff with Meissner "fishy" she's had problems with underrotation in the past, and problems getting her levels up in the past too. And I can't see a possible motive to just screw her (and really only her)

I'm sorry but the Poor Meissner "had no control" just put me over the edge to straight up annoyed.

Last edited:
^ Still, I think most of the posts were saying that Kimmie was a victim of the vagaries of the scoring system, not that there was some kind of conspiracy of evil Kimmie-haters.

bekalc

Record Breaker
^ Still, I think most of the posts were saying that Kimmie was a victim of the vagaries of the scoring system, not that there was some kind of conspiracy of evil Kimmie-haters.

Once again. How so? If you look at the protocols. In the short program, Meissner had 3 level 1 elements. Only one person in the short program, got a level 1 on anything and that was Nina from Russia, and Nina only got it on one element.

The same goes for the long which Meissner once again got more level one elements than anyone else, although she executed better there and got less low levels.

IF everyone else managed to learn the rules, so that they could get higher than a level one on their elements, I'm not sure how vague these rules are. It seems to me that the rules then are pretty clear to everyone else, and once again the responsibility than lies on Meissner and her team. I'd feel differently about this if there were questions about every skater's levels/scores. But there isn't.

Once again Meissner is not new to this system. By this time Meissner should have learned how to count to three, and also how to count her revolutions....

I mean whether you agree with the system or not. This is the system, and so learn how to skate in it. I could understand if lit was one level (they thought the footwork was worth level 3 but it truns out it wasn't etc)

Last edited: