Free Dance | Golden Skate

Free Dance

Buttercup

Record Breaker
The first group have all finished. The Zaretskis, who seem to be popular here, have moved up from 8th to 6th, and have an outside shot at 5th :). But their score is still well off their PB. :eek:hwell:

Is anyone watching? I'm just following the ISU website.

Kimmie Fan

On the Ice
The first group have all finished. The Zaretskis, who seem to be popular here, have moved up from 8th to 6th, and have an outside shot at 5th :). But their score is still well off their PB. :eek:hwell:

Is anyone watching? I'm just following the ISU website.

its only 1:50am in the west coast :p
so far, the israeli pair moved up 2 spots. :clap:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
its only 1:50am in the west coast :p
so far, the israeli pair moved up 2 spots. :clap:
Some of us are in Europe and Asia, you know ;). But I'm not home right now and can't watch - I'm limited to checking scores on occasion.

Hopefully Roman and Sasha will be encouraged by having moved up in the FD and will build on that. It would be a shame for them to drop after such a good showing in 2007-8.

missysays

On the Ice
All I have to say is "thank God" they sounded normal in the knc again. He definitely had his game face on today. Good, good job to get it together again after yesterday's trauma. :clap::clap:

missysays

On the Ice
Khok/Nov- They made some small choreographic changes and it's much better than it was even in CoC. They've moved ahead of D/W in FD and placing- good job. What a tough competition- they look a bit drained emotionally too!! It's not even worlds yet. Yikes high emotions this year.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I'm actually disappointed. I wanted Capellini and Lanotte to medal, and I'm not a fan of D/W's skating.

But hey, the Zaretskis did end up fifth! :clap:

MissIzzy

Final Flight
D&S lost! Only 87 in the free! They're lucky Meryl and Charlie had the bad OD, otherwise they might have dropped down to bronze!

missysays

On the Ice
Woaaaa- D/S drop to second and they're only third in the FD--- and in Russia no less!! I guess all the people who said that K/N were clearly Russia no 2 is not the case. They did have an awfully wobbly FD- clear mistakes on a couple spin as well as minor wobbles on lifts.

Wow- they look stunned. This pre-Olympic year is unforgiving.

Kimmie Fan

On the Ice
I'm actually disappointed. I wanted Capellini and Lanotte to medal, and I'm not a fan of D/W's skating.

But hey, the Zaretskis did end up fifth! :clap:
I sympathize that your team didn't get on the podium but D/W were on another level today.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Kimmie Fan said:
I sympathize that your team didn't get on the podium but D/W were on another level today
Oh, I'm by no means suggesting there was anything wrong with the results. I'm just not overly fond of D/W.

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
:clap:Congrats to K/N! I'm so happy for them. I'm so glad that D/W were able to pull up to a bronze too. Looks like all three teams here are going to be in the final!:agree:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
sfgirl, I can't really explain it. You know how sometimes a skater just doesn't work for you, even when others are really impressed? That's the case here.

The one specific thing I can say is that I felt they were overmarked in the FD Worlds, because they were skating right through their music there with little interpretation.

missysays

On the Ice
You know one thing I noted- K/N won by almost 3 points over D/S. That's a pretty considerable victory point-wise given their reputations and how they placed in relation to one another in CoC. Not some measly less than a point victory.

Ice dancing has always been a favorite discipline of mine but it really is anyone's game now and you truly don't know who's going to place where. I think that's called a sport- except for all the sequins and stuff. :agree: ;)

sfgirl

On the Ice
Buttercup, I have heard that criticism of Davis and White before, but I think they are getting better both at relating to each other, and feeling the music. What impressed me today was their perseverance. I have a feeling Charlie felt like crawling into bed yesterday never to face the world again. But they didn't. They are 21 years old, and they went out and skated the skate of their career. I absolutely love that athletic and resilient quality.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
good news. so happy for d&w and k&n. i like k&n much more than d&s and am glad they are getting recognition from the judges. d&w will go into the gp finals ranked higher than b&a. what a year so far.