Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Watching NHK Trophy online :-)

Custom Title

Watching NHK Trophy online :-)

Finally some good online stream...

CCTV5 trough TVU Player...

28 November

15:35 - 16:50 - 08 World Figure Skating Grand Prix: Japan Station: Double short program
    23:05 - 1:00 - 08 World Figure Skating Grand Prix: Japan stands: a dance choreographer

29 November

14:35 - 15:40 - 08 World Figure Skating Grand Prix: double free program: Japan Station

30 November
    18:30 - 19:00 - 08 World Figure Skating Grand Prix: Japan Station: slide show

All times are in Japan local time (Tokio)

Wow, that looks like a plan - Eurosport is not broadcasting much live and I was already looking for an alternative (thought about cheating with IPs for that Russian feed...). Thanks a lot for the tip!

Custom Title
    You are welcome

what IP and russian feed are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by cocovica View Post
    You are welcome

what IP and russian feed are you talking about?
    Well, there is web-tv, a Russian TV-player and you can watch sport channels with it, including figure skating. You download it and get 3 days free - but after that you have to pay. I used the 3 days for Skate America. That's why I thought about deinstalling the program, manually changing my IP-address and than reinstall... The program shouldn't know then that I used it before, because to the Internet I am a different computer through the different IP. But your idea is so much better...

Custom Title
    wow! good idea....funny think is, that I am studying informatics and never found something like that out...

I had Web Tv last year as well, so I can't use it anymore...only if I would pay for it...any possibility to use someone's other pincode?

Banned
    Geeze, come on guy, it's just only$29 to subscribe to the Icenetwork. You will have the full coverage for all events. Don't do illegal thing like that. Anyway, I'll keep an eyes on every single of you guy. I'll report to Icenetwork if I suspect any one of you that post illegal video on youtube. So, please stop doing in that or your youtube account will be suspend.

Custom Title
    Fierceyuna, you should be aware that IceNetwork is blacked out for those who are outside of the US.

IceNetwork is being a complete pain in the *** about removing youtube videos. They're removing videos that are from Russian, European and Asian broadcasts. They're trying to regulate what the world can see, which is completely wrong. Accounts of people who had home vids from the JGP and the Russian Dancing with the Stars. If they keep this up, I am definitely NOT renewing my IceNetwork subscription next season.

Quote Originally Posted by fierceyuna View Post
    Geeze, come on guy, it's just only$29 to subscribe to the Icenetwork. You will have the full coverage for all events. Don't do illegal thing like that. Anyway, I'll keep an eyes on every single of you guy. I'll report to Icenetwork if I suspect any one of you that post illegal video on youtube. So, please stop doing in that or your youtube account will be suspend.
    These people live outside the US so can't subsribe to the icenetwork. what a nice 3rd post.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by fierceyuna View Post
    huh....Am suprised...the people around there are trying to help each other and you are writing stuffs in this way?

I still don't get the thing about deleting videos on youtube...I don't think it is right for them to delete russian or japanese channel videos...I understand it for the Skate America, but not for the other grand prix....

I live outside the U.S and I don't have Eurosport... and Am really thinking about subcription for WebTV next year...the coverage is amazing, the stream is in perfect HQ and it's possible to download it trough this program...and it is not even that expensive....

Custom Title
    And as for the other streams...are there any? (instead of CCTV5)...what about CBS or some Japanese TV?

Loving pairs, dance and figure skating mycelticblessing's Avatar
    Thanks Cocovica. I'm so glad CCTV5 is showing it. That's like the only live coverage of figure skating which I have access to (apart from the Olympics). I love it when the Grand Prix events are in Asia. I can watch figure skating during my waking hours.

Custom Title
    I've found the live stream of Rai Sport Pui (Italian TV)...and there are streaming Cup of Russia now..(they are showing original dances now) .I guess there will be some covering after the end of NHK as well...

http://www.coolstreaming.us/forum/li...streaming.html

does anyone know where to find their schedule? (because the one on their websites don't match the actuall coverage...)

Edit: and I was right

NHK Trophy coverage on Rai Sport Pui:

2 december

14:45 - 18:00 - NHK Trophy

and then GPF:

16 december

italian time...

14:45 - 18:00 - Grand Prix Final

:rock :italian time...
    Last edited by Tonichelle; 11-26-2008 at 07:09 PM. Reason: merging back to back posts - please just edit your first post when adding new info.

Ice Dancing and Johnny Fan MissIzzy's Avatar
    Ah, but noone is showing the CD live this time. Even IceNetwork's only showing it on-demand. Not sure why...
    Last edited by MissIzzy; 11-26-2008 at 01:04 PM.

The Icenetwork LIVE schedule is up.

NHK Trophy
    Friday, Nov. 28
    1:35 a.m. ET - Pairs Short Program
    3:00 a.m. ET - Men's Short Program
    4:55 a.m. ET - Ladies Short Program
    6:45 a.m. ET - Original Dance

This, of course, does not hurt the West Coast too much, but for we Easterners, it better be good skating. yikes!

it would be nice if they gave On Demand about 6am for Pairs and so forth, but I don't think that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by MissIzzy View Post
    Ah, but noone is showing the CD live this time. Even IceNetwork's only showing it on-demand. Not sure why...
    I thought Icenetwork said they won't' have the CD even on-demand. It doesn't make sense...but neither does their policing of youtube videos from non-English broadcasts...

I'm seriously on the verge of canceling my account. I keep getting blacked out due to the stupid IP number thing, and the way they're preventing ice skating from being seen is just annoying. Youtube is a great way for people to be introduced to the sport; IMO, all they're doing is shooting the sport in the foot.

Thank you for introducing this feed! I just may end up using it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast