Watching NHK Trophy online :-) | Golden Skate

Watching NHK Trophy online :-)

cocovica

On the Ice
Finally some good online stream...:clap::clap::clap:

CCTV5 trough TVU Player...

28 November

15:35 - 16:50 - 08 World Figure Skating Grand Prix: Japan Station: Double short program
23:05 - 1:00 - 08 World Figure Skating Grand Prix: Japan stands: a dance choreographer

29 November

14:35 - 15:40 - 08 World Figure Skating Grand Prix: double free program: Japan Station

30 November
18:30 - 19:00 - 08 World Figure Skating Grand Prix: Japan Station: slide show

All times are in Japan local time (Tokio):rock:

Medusa

Record Breaker
Wow, that looks like a plan - Eurosport is not broadcasting much live and I was already looking for an alternative (thought about cheating with IPs for that Russian feed...). Thanks a lot for the tip!

Medusa

Record Breaker
You are welcome:);)

what IP and russian feed are you talking about?:)
Well, there is web-tv, a Russian TV-player and you can watch sport channels with it, including figure skating. You download it and get 3 days free - but after that you have to pay. I used the 3 days for Skate America. That's why I thought about deinstalling the program, manually changing my IP-address and than reinstall... The program shouldn't know then that I used it before, because to the Internet I am a different computer through the different IP. But your idea is so much better...

cocovica

On the Ice
:rofl:wow! good idea....funny think is, that I am studying informatics and never found something like that out:biggrin:...

I had Web Tv last year as well, so I can't use it anymore...only if I would pay for it...any possibility to use someone's other pincode?:p

fierceyuna

Match Penalty
Geeze, come on guy, it's just only$29 to subscribe to the Icenetwork. You will have the full coverage for all events. Don't do illegal thing like that. Anyway, I'll keep an eyes on every single of you guy. I'll report to Icenetwork if I suspect any one of you that post illegal video on youtube. So, please stop doing in that or your youtube account will be suspend.

oleada

Record Breaker
Fierceyuna, you should be aware that IceNetwork is blacked out for those who are outside of the US.

IceNetwork is being a complete pain in the *** about removing youtube videos. They're removing videos that are from Russian, European and Asian broadcasts. They're trying to regulate what the world can see, which is completely wrong. Accounts of people who had home vids from the JGP and the Russian Dancing with the Stars. If they keep this up, I am definitely NOT renewing my IceNetwork subscription next season.

ks777

Record Breaker
Geeze, come on guy, it's just only$29 to subscribe to the Icenetwork. You will have the full coverage for all events. Don't do illegal thing like that. Anyway, I'll keep an eyes on every single of you guy. I'll report to Icenetwork if I suspect any one of you that post illegal video on youtube. So, please stop doing in that or your youtube account will be suspend.

These people live outside the US so can't subsribe to the icenetwork. what a nice 3rd post. :frown:

cocovica

On the Ice

huh....Am suprised:disapp:...the people around there are trying to help each other and you are writing stuffs in this way?

I still don't get the thing about deleting videos on youtube...I don't think it is right for them to delete russian or japanese channel videos...I understand it for the Skate America, but not for the other grand prix....

I live outside the U.S and I don't have Eurosport... and Am really thinking about subcription for WebTV next year...the coverage is amazing, the stream is in perfect HQ and it's possible to download it trough this program...and it is not even that expensive....

cocovica

On the Ice
And as for the other streams...are there any? (instead of CCTV5)...what about CBS or some Japanese TV?:)

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
Thanks Cocovica. I'm so glad CCTV5 is showing it. That's like the only live coverage of figure skating which I have access to (apart from the Olympics). I love it when the Grand Prix events are in Asia. I can watch figure skating during my waking hours.:thumbsup:

cocovica

On the Ice
I've found the live stream of Rai Sport Pui (Italian TV)...and there are streaming Cup of Russia now..(they are showing original dances now):clap: .I guess there will be some covering after the end of NHK as well...

http://www.coolstreaming.us/forum/live-now/152801-raisport-piu-live-streaming.html

does anyone know where to find their schedule? (because the one on their websites don't match the actuall coverage...)

Edit: and I was right:clap::clap::clap:

NHK Trophy coverage on Rai Sport Pui:

2 december

14:45 - 18:00 - NHK Trophy

and then GPF:

16 december

italian time...

14:45 - 18:00 - Grand Prix Final

:rock::rock::rock::rock :italian time...

Last edited by a moderator:

MissIzzy

Final Flight
Ah, but noone is showing the CD live this time. Even IceNetwork's only showing it on-demand. Not sure why...

Last edited:
The Icenetwork LIVE schedule is up.

NHK Trophy
Friday, Nov. 28
1:35 a.m. ET - Pairs Short Program
3:00 a.m. ET - Men's Short Program
4:55 a.m. ET - Ladies Short Program
6:45 a.m. ET - Original Dance

This, of course, does not hurt the West Coast too much, but for we Easterners, it better be good skating. yikes!

it would be nice if they gave On Demand about 6am for Pairs and so forth, but I don't think that happens.

lmarie086

Medalist
Ah, but noone is showing the CD live this time. Even IceNetwork's only showing it on-demand. Not sure why...

I thought Icenetwork said they won't' have the CD even on-demand. It doesn't make sense...but neither does their policing of youtube videos from non-English broadcasts...

I'm seriously on the verge of canceling my account. I keep getting blacked out due to the stupid IP number thing, and the way they're preventing ice skating from being seen is just annoying. Youtube is a great way for people to be introduced to the sport; IMO, all they're doing is shooting the sport in the foot.

Thank you for introducing this feed! I just may end up using it.

missysays

On the Ice
I thought Icenetwork said they won't' have the CD even on-demand.

I wonder if it's because NHK has made a decision not to film/broadcast the CDs so we may not get coverage anywhere. Does anyone know if that's true or if its just a IN decision not to show it?

It would be a shame. As a major ice dance fan, I like watching the CDs. And having access to them whether live or on-demand is a really nice thing. Especially when in ice dance, all three portions are important to how a team places.