Yukina Ota retires | Golden Skate

Yukina Ota retires

Bennett

Record Breaker
Due to injury(ies). She will go back to Kyoto to study. Sounds like she also will continue to get involved in skating. Hope she will have a wonderful career and a happy personal life.

Last edited:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I always liked her, and I've missed her in the mix. Now that it is official, I wish her all the best.

kandidy

Final Flight
So sad for her to retire because of injury.
I wish her the best in her new life and career.

Bennett

Record Breaker
She rested for a while due to injuries and then came back in the 2006-7 season. she was competing at national and international events. she had a good standing at nationals in the deep japanese ladies field last season.

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
She hurt her ankle badly.

You know, 26th Nov. is her birthday. (It's already yesterday here.)
She chose her 22nd birthday to announce the end of her competetive carrer.

It is like a rebirth for her, not a retirement, I think, by announcing it on her birthday. She will be in the top of her chosen field outside of skating, I bet.

Bennett

Record Breaker
Yukina Ota will appear on the Medalist on Ice as a special guest along with Lambiel on 12/28 in Tokyo. She also did some ice show in Tokyo this weekend.

Binthere

On the Ice
Completely agree with you Joe. Another skater where it was a shame the jumps would drive competitive fate. Very musical and uniquely lyrical amongst the Japanese ladies.

camion

On the Ice
I'm so sad to hear of Yukina's retirement. I remember being so impressed with her Picasso's Dance program when I first saw it on YouTube. She's definitely an artist on the ice- very detailed, precise, exquisite. And I definitely agree with Binthere, she was very lyrical amongst the Japanese skaters. She skated with conviction like an actress- which only few skaters can pull off like Sasha & Yu-Na.

harmy18

Rinkside
though I've known for months that she might retire after the first break, I find myself remain sad when the news really comes true.

I just wonder if she would be a coach after the retirement?