Poll (ladies gold in Turin 2006) | Golden Skate

Poll (ladies gold in Turin 2006)

If Kwan is not competing in 2006 Olympics, who wins?

• Shizuka Arakawa

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Sasha Cohen

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • Dan Fang

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Carolina Kostner

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Elena Liashenko

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Yoshie Onda

• Elena Sokolova

• Fumie Suguri

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Viktoria Volchova

• Ludmila Nelidina

• Total voters
What an interesting list. I see Irina Slutskaya is not competing. Also, I think that in two years world junior champion Yukina Ota will have a better shot than either Arakawa or Onda -- and maybe Miki Ando should be there, too.

A lot can happen in two years. Maybe AP MacDonough or Bebe Liang will be a factor.

Anyway, I voted for Fumie to edge out Sasha for the gold. There are lots of interesting possibilities.

I personally think that Michelle will go and will make the podium, but not necessarily in first place.

Mathman

Germanice

On the Ice
Susanna Pöykiö? :love:

I've voted for Fumie, but I guess it's just hope and wishful thinking. Well, we'll see and find a winning Lady for sure, no matter if Kwan competes or not. It wouldn't change anything! :D

Anke

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
LOL, sorry, there has been a mistake! Of course Slutskaya should be on the list as well...

Marjaana

E

Eva-Elena

Well, if these were the only candidates, I would go for Elena Sokolova :) She looks as if she will skate on forever without getting tired or injured.

None of the above. Torino (in Italian) or Turin (in English) will have a rivalry between Yukina Ota and Bebe Liang for gold! Remember you heard it here first.;)

Joe

dewet

Final Flight
Fumie, because I just think Sasha needs more consistency and I an a fan of Fumie.

amykaren

On the Ice
I didn't vote for any of them because I am betting it is someone that we don't really "know" yet. A suprise like Tara and Sarah. But, if I had to guess, I would say Sasha Cohen. The talent is there.

mzheng

Record Breaker
No Irina, no Michelle? Then why Elena or Arakawa?

IIRC, Elena is at the same age as Irina and both one year old than Michelle.

I go with Mathman's assesment.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's much too soon to tell. Everything can happen till then.
Windspirit, I agree so here is what I think. I HOPE that Sasha will do it in 2006.

Dee

Kara Bear

Final Flight
I think Sasha wil be the world champion and the favorite going into it, but who knows what will happen. Olympics tend to be wacky.

Bynx

On the Ice
Kara Bear said:
Olympics tend to be wacky.

Enough so that an Olympic "phobic" Kwan, who will be considered ancient and an outside chance of winning based on her last two tries will win it it her "Golden" years!;)

Expect the unexpected.

Seriuosly, even if Kwan were to be the favorite,
the media while hoping that she can win will all predict it going to someone younger because it has happened twice now.