Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: Wagner & Mirai

  1. #1
    Dreaming and dancing Bennett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Watching the sunset
    Posts
    2,793

    Wagner & Mirai

    I am excited about the US youngstars here.

    Both ladies did very well at the previous events. They performed their programs very well.

    On the other hand, Mirai had too many URs and Wagner also had some concerns about her jumps and control of her speed. I am also wondering why Wagner could not get good PCS at the previous event.

  2. #2
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,201
    I hope they both come to skate as well. We have to remember that these girls are new to the GP circuit. A lot of judges don't know them. So, I am sure that sometimes the judges hold back on the marks for the newcomers. These competitons should be about building your reputation and turning in good performances. If they continue on this path the scores will come.

  3. #3
    Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    4,989
    I don't see either one of them medaling at this point, and I predict that Ashley will finish one spot ahead of Marai.

  4. #4
    Dreaming and dancing Bennett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Watching the sunset
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by flying camel View Post
    I hope they both come to skate as well. We have to remember that these girls are new to the GP circuit. A lot of judges don't know them. So, I am sure that sometimes the judges hold back on the marks for the newcomers. These competitons should be about building your reputation and turning in good performances. If they continue on this path the scores will come.
    that's true. then mirai's PCS at SA may be remarkably well. Hope Asheley also catches up.

  5. #5
    Banned AwesomeIce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    empire state
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by flying camel View Post
    I hope they both come to skate as well. We have to remember that these girls are new to the GP circuit. A lot of judges don't know them. So, I am sure that sometimes the judges hold back on the marks for the newcomers. These competitons should be about building your reputation and turning in good performances. If they continue on this path the scores will come.
    How on earth could the judges "Not know them?" Mirai has been to Junior Worlds twice, has she not? She did a year on the JGP circuit, too. The judges know who she is. The judges are not holding back marks because they don't know her. They marked her low at SA because she just did not skate well at all and did not deserve high marks.

  6. #6
    and... World Peace! Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,661
    Go Ashley!

  7. #7
    Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    4,989
    Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeIce View Post
    How on earth could the judges "Not know them?" Mirai has been to Junior Worlds twice, has she not? She did a year on the JGP circuit, too. The judges know who she is. The judges are not holding back marks because they don't know her. They marked her low at SA because she just did not skate well at all and did not deserve high marks.
    I believe there a diffrent judges at senior and junior events. Anybody is is doing the senior international events for the first time will face some low scores. Last year Caroline had similar issues. Only difference is that Caroline was skating better last year than Marai has been up to this point.

    Marai has grown a lot over the summer as well as dealt with an injury both of which really mess up not only your jumps but also your confidence. She does not seem 100% ready, so I am hoping that by missing the GPF she can spend December and most of January growing into the programs and training.
    It may also be wise to remeber that Marai did not place well before winning junior nationals in 2007. She has just recently begun to get her jumps consistant. True, she was "on" all last season, but I have severe doubts that her 3/3 at senior nationals were clean...something she is not getting away with now.

  8. #8
    Dreaming and dancing Bennett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Watching the sunset
    Posts
    2,793
    mirai got the third best PCS followed by mao and yukari. i thought that she was better than yukari, but yukari has had better records that may have affected the scoring.

    i cannot understand ashley's PCS. i thought her the best. she interpreted the music very well and enjoyed herself. her choreos were all at the very right timing on every note of the music. i truly admire the choreographer who did this fantastic work and the coach who helped her with pratices and of course wagner herself who delivered it with such great speed, interpretation, beautiful posture and lines, and real joy! although the music itself is not particularly interesting, the program is truly enjoyable in every aspect of it.

  9. #9
    Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    4,989
    I just saw Mirai's SP. I love the additional chreography that I did not see at Skate America. Dispite the popped lutz, i thought she was a joy to watch and if she skates that program clean, she will bring down the house again at nationals.

  10. #10
    Dreaming and dancing Bennett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Watching the sunset
    Posts
    2,793
    oh, i did not notice that something was added. what was it?

  11. #11
    Custom Title ks777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,070
    I watched Mao, Yukari, Mirai and Ashley's SP so far and I love Ashley's SP the best.

  12. #12
    LKR722
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    i cannot understand ashley's PCS. i thought her the best. she interpreted the music very well and enjoyed herself. her choreos were all at the very right timing on every note of the music. i truly admire the choreographer who did this fantastic work and the coach who helped her with pratices and of course wagner herself who delivered it with such great speed, interpretation, beautiful posture and lines, and real joy! although the music itself is not particularly interesting, the program is truly enjoyable in every aspect of it.
    ITA! This program is one of my favorites this season. Does anyone know who chereographed Ashley's SP?

  13. #13
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,429
    Quote Originally Posted by LKR722 View Post
    This program is one of my favorites this season. Does anyone know who chereographed Ashley's SP?
    Phillip Mills.

  14. #14
    Custom Title ks777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,070
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Phillip Mills.
    I never heard of him, do you know anything about him?

  15. #15
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    221
    I just saw Ashley's SP.... All I can say is WOW. Love her pink dress and make up. She really flows on ice. Her arm movements perfectly express and are in tune with music and choreography. She's got speed too. Love to see her make it to the finals. As for Mirai, to me, she reminds me of Caroline and Rachel - insipid, characterless skating and slow and tentative. Hope Ashley can medal at the Olympics.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •