Wagner & Mirai | Golden Skate

Wagner & Mirai

Bennett

Record Breaker
I am excited about the US youngstars here.

Both ladies did very well at the previous events. They performed their programs very well.

On the other hand, Mirai had too many URs and Wagner also had some concerns about her jumps and control of her speed. I am also wondering why Wagner could not get good PCS at the previous event.

flying camel

Medalist
I hope they both come to skate as well. We have to remember that these girls are new to the GP circuit. A lot of judges don't know them. So, I am sure that sometimes the judges hold back on the marks for the newcomers. These competitons should be about building your reputation and turning in good performances. If they continue on this path the scores will come.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I don't see either one of them medaling at this point, and I predict that Ashley will finish one spot ahead of Marai.

Bennett

Record Breaker
I hope they both come to skate as well. We have to remember that these girls are new to the GP circuit. A lot of judges don't know them. So, I am sure that sometimes the judges hold back on the marks for the newcomers. These competitons should be about building your reputation and turning in good performances. If they continue on this path the scores will come.

that's true. then mirai's PCS at SA may be remarkably well. Hope Asheley also catches up.

AwesomeIce

Match Penalty

How on earth could the judges "Not know them?" Mirai has been to Junior Worlds twice, has she not? She did a year on the JGP circuit, too. The judges know who she is. The judges are not holding back marks because they don't know her. They marked her low at SA because she just did not skate well at all and did not deserve high marks.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
How on earth could the judges "Not know them?" Mirai has been to Junior Worlds twice, has she not? She did a year on the JGP circuit, too. The judges know who she is. The judges are not holding back marks because they don't know her. They marked her low at SA because she just did not skate well at all and did not deserve high marks.

I believe there a diffrent judges at senior and junior events. Anybody is is doing the senior international events for the first time will face some low scores. Last year Caroline had similar issues. Only difference is that Caroline was skating better last year than Marai has been up to this point.

Marai has grown a lot over the summer as well as dealt with an injury both of which really mess up not only your jumps but also your confidence. She does not seem 100% ready, so I am hoping that by missing the GPF she can spend December and most of January growing into the programs and training.
It may also be wise to remeber that Marai did not place well before winning junior nationals in 2007. She has just recently begun to get her jumps consistant. True, she was "on" all last season, but I have severe doubts that her 3/3 at senior nationals were clean...something she is not getting away with now.

Bennett

Record Breaker
mirai got the third best PCS followed by mao and yukari. i thought that she was better than yukari, but yukari has had better records that may have affected the scoring.

i cannot understand ashley's PCS. i thought her the best. she interpreted the music very well and enjoyed herself. her choreos were all at the very right timing on every note of the music. i truly admire the choreographer who did this fantastic work and the coach who helped her with pratices and of course wagner herself who delivered it with such great speed, interpretation, beautiful posture and lines, and real joy! although the music itself is not particularly interesting, the program is truly enjoyable in every aspect of it.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I just saw Mirai's SP. I love the additional chreography that I did not see at Skate America. Dispite the popped lutz, i thought she was a joy to watch and if she skates that program clean, she will bring down the house again at nationals.

ks777

Record Breaker
I watched Mao, Yukari, Mirai and Ashley's SP so far and I love Ashley's SP the best.

L

LKR722

i cannot understand ashley's PCS. i thought her the best. she interpreted the music very well and enjoyed herself. her choreos were all at the very right timing on every note of the music. i truly admire the choreographer who did this fantastic work and the coach who helped her with pratices and of course wagner herself who delivered it with such great speed, interpretation, beautiful posture and lines, and real joy! although the music itself is not particularly interesting, the program is truly enjoyable in every aspect of it.

ITA! :rock: This program is one of my favorites this season. Does anyone know who chereographed Ashley's SP?

fourclover

On the Ice
I just saw Ashley's SP.... All I can say is WOW. Love her pink dress and make up. She really flows on ice. Her arm movements perfectly express and are in tune with music and choreography. She's got speed too. Love to see her make it to the finals. As for Mirai, to me, she reminds me of Caroline and Rachel - insipid, characterless skating and slow and tentative. Hope Ashley can medal at the Olympics.

Bennett

Record Breaker
As for Mirai, to me, she reminds me of Caroline and Rachel - insipid, characterless skating and slow and tentative.

Really? I saw a great character in Mirai's SP. I had really a lot of fun watching this program. But this may be perhaps a matter of preference. Yet, I could surely say that Mirai had a great speed.

Last edited: