Thread: What would you do?

it's olympic season :D bethissoawesome's Avatar

What would you do?

I have my senior free skate coming up this Wednesday, but there's a slight problem. A little over a week ago, I was practicing a new move on the trampoline for trapeze, and I dislocated my ankle and pulled some of the tendons. I'm supposed to stay off the foot for a month and wear a cast... I've already managed to start trapeze again yesterday (but there isn't much you do with your feet/ankles when you are swinging). It made the foot and ankle sore, but not something that I couldn't tolerate. I haven't been able to skate since the accident, but I'm not really worried about not passing, just that I might damage my ankle in the process and exacerbate the injury. I don't know which option to take... just skate for the test and hope for the best or re-schedule for February and wait until the injury is completely healed. I'm sure this sounds irresponsible, but I really want to get testing over with, and this is the last one :-/

reschedule. definitely. I am not a skater, but that doesn't matter - your long term health is more important than a test you can take later in the season.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    reschedule. definitely. I am not a skater, but that doesn't matter - your long term health is more important than a test you can take later in the season.
    I totally agree - reschedule the test.

I agree.

it's olympic season :D bethissoawesome's Avatar
    It looks like it might have to be a reschedule :-/ Thankfully, the injury is on my left ankle and foot, so I don't have to worry about the pressure on it from landing jumps.... but I still can't put my whole weight on it... so that wouldn't exactly help for spinning and spirals, not to mention toe picking for flips, lutzes, and toe loops.

Custom Title
    Definitely reschedule. You may have to sacrifice a month, but it makes no difference in the long run w/ regards to qualifying for competition or anything like that. Meanwhile you could do more damage that could require a much longer rehabilitation. It's totally not worth the risk.