Original Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Original Dance

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
^^^ thanks for the explanation... if I understand correctly they held a lift too long?

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Joe, Nathalie Pechalat suffered no miscues in the OD. It was Federica Faiella who fell, and since it was not on an element, F/S did not take a big hit because of it (rather like what happened with the Zhangs at CoR).

While on the topic of Faiella, why does she always look startled when she skates? It's her standard expression, eyes wide and mouth open regardless of what they're skating to.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
eyes wide and mouth open regardless of what they're skating to.

it's the "dramatic effect" that so many skaters (especially the pairs skaters that come out of CO) have... it's ANNOYING. Just because your mouth is WIDE OPEN it doesn't mean you are feeling the music or are being *dramatic*

/rant

Medusa

Record Breaker
it's the "dramatic effect" that so many skaters (especially the pairs skaters that come out of CO) have... it's ANNOYING. Just because your mouth is WIDE OPEN it doesn't mean you are feeling the music or are being *dramatic*
What's CO?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
sorry; Colorado... I'm lazy this morning and didn't want to write it out. :laugh:

it's really just one coach who had a lot of pairs qualify for nationals last year, and it didn't matter what piece of music they were skating to all the girls had that "dramatic look" with their mouth as wide open as possible (Keana is no exception). I personally think it looks rediculous, and when you sit through one pair after the other with the SAME LOOK but different music it grates on the nerves.

Medusa

Record Breaker
sorry; Colorado... I'm lazy this morning and didn't want to write it out. :laugh:

it's really just one coach who had a lot of pairs qualify for nationals last year, and it didn't matter what piece of music they were skating to all the girls had that "dramatic look" with their mouth as wide open as possible (Keana is no exception). I personally think it looks rediculous, and when you sit through one pair after the other with the SAME LOOK but different music it grates on the nerves.
Thanks! I could have known...

And yes, it seems to be a strange habit.

Buttercup

Record Breaker

/rant
It's not dramatic. It's just ugly. One day one of these unfortunate skaters will end up swallowing an insect, which could definitely lead to messed-up twizzles :laugh:.

Joe, Nathalie Pechalat suffered no miscues in the OD. It was Federica Faiella who fell, and since it was not on an element, F/S did not take a big hit because of it (rather like what happened with the Zhangs at CoR).

While on the topic of Faiella, why does she always look startled when she skates? It's her standard expression, eyes wide and mouth open regardless of what they're skating to.
of course it was Ms Faiella. My stupid mistake. It did look like she hit an edge.