Thread: TV Alert Today 11/30 - Holiday Celebration on Ice!!!

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar

TV Alert Today 11/30 - Holiday Celebration on Ice!!!

Sun. Nov. 30 4-6 PM, EST - Holiday Celebration on Ice NBC

Thanks Dee for the heads up. I tuned in just in time to see Jeff skate to Ave Maria, one of my favorites.

Custom Title
    Thanks for heads up!
    I just missed first few parts of Jeff's Ave Maria.

I am watching it now!

How old is Yuka? She must be in her late 30s now and can still do a 3 loop!! That's incredible!!
    Last edited by ks777; 11-30-2008 at 05:50 PM.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Thanks Dee for the heads up. I tuned in just in time to see Jeff skate to Ave Maria, one of my favorites.
    I thought it was breathtaking!!!

Dee

Custom Title
    What would it take to get the Grand Prix on NBC over these shows next year? :frown2:
    Last edited by gold12345; 11-30-2008 at 06:03 PM.

^ They tried that. Nobody watched.

Yuka is 35 (born on Valentine's Day, 1973 -- how do i know that? )

I LOVE Yuka... give me her skating over any of the competitive ladies any day!

LKR722
    I forgot about this was on...I just tuned in now. I'll DVR it in a few weeks when it is on the Style Network.

Same old routines with different costumes. After ShaeLin who is origiinal, I turned it off. But those Broncos are beating the Jets. What's a guy going to do on a wet Sunday afternoon?

Custom Title
    I actually enjoyed this one, they showed plenty of skating and not just the singers. And Amy Grant I can listen to ~ at least she's better than what they've had on some of the other shows so far this year.

I love Yuka and Nancy but would love to see some new faces. Jeff was great and Todd still holds his own -- his Jingle Bells near the end was really cute.

Liked that the cast members got to do a number to a recorded piece of music, so you saw their whole number without ANY cuts to a musician.

Enjoyed Jen's Silver Bells.

It was cute and I did some crafting while it was on, so a pleasant rainy Sunday.

I'm actually happy to see Ilia. :chorus:

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Same old routines with different costumes. After ShaeLin who is origiinal, I turned it off.
    you didn't miss anything. I recorded the show and i fast-fowarded everything except Shy-lynne's beautiful Carol of the Bells routine and Jeff's Ave Maria.
    Her's was a special surprise since I am not usually a fan of her show routines that are on most occasions are poor attempts at ice dance without a partner. But Carol of the Bells was very original and inspired.

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    you didn't miss anything. I recorded the show and i fast-fowarded everything except Shy-lynne's beautiful Carol of the Bells routine and Jeff's Ave Maria.
    Her's was a special surprise since I am not usually a fan of her show routines that are on most occasions are poor attempts at ice dance without a partner. But Carol of the Bells was very original and inspired.

Me too. In fact, I have done the same thing with all the shows. It just seems to me that it's all the same skaters doing the same thing. I sure wish something original would be on television....or maybe the Grand Prix instead of all these ice shows!!