TV Alert Today 11/30 - Holiday Celebration on Ice!!! | Golden Skate

TV Alert Today 11/30 - Holiday Celebration on Ice!!!

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sun. Nov. 30 4-6 PM, EST - Holiday Celebration on Ice NBC

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks Dee for the heads up. I tuned in just in time to see Jeff skate to Ave Maria, one of my favorites.

ks777

Record Breaker
I am watching it now!

How old is Yuka? She must be in her late 30s now and can still do a 3 loop!! That's incredible!!

Last edited:

gold12345

Medalist
What would it take to get the Grand Prix on NBC over these shows next year? :frown2:

Last edited:
^ They tried that. Nobody watched.

Yuka is 35 (born on Valentine's Day, 1973 -- how do i know that? :laugh:)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I LOVE Yuka... give me her skating over any of the competitive ladies any day! :clap:

L

LKR722

I forgot about this was on...I just tuned in now.:frown: I'll DVR it in a few weeks when it is on the Style Network.

Same old routines with different costumes. After ShaeLin who is origiinal, I turned it off. But those Broncos are beating the Jets. What's a guy going to do on a wet Sunday afternoon?

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
I actually enjoyed this one, they showed plenty of skating and not just the singers. And Amy Grant I can listen to ~ at least she's better than what they've had on some of the other shows so far this year.

I love Yuka and Nancy but would love to see some new faces. Jeff was great and Todd still holds his own -- his Jingle Bells near the end was really cute.

Liked that the cast members got to do a number to a recorded piece of music, so you saw their whole number without ANY cuts to a musician.

Enjoyed Jen's Silver Bells.

It was cute and I did some crafting while it was on, so a pleasant rainy Sunday.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Same old routines with different costumes. After ShaeLin who is origiinal, I turned it off.

you didn't miss anything. I recorded the show and i fast-fowarded everything except Shy-lynne's beautiful Carol of the Bells routine and Jeff's Ave Maria.
Her's was a special surprise since I am not usually a fan of her show routines that are on most occasions are poor attempts at ice dance without a partner. But Carol of the Bells was very original and inspired.

sillylionlove

Medalist
you didn't miss anything. I recorded the show and i fast-fowarded everything except Shy-lynne's beautiful Carol of the Bells routine and Jeff's Ave Maria.
Her's was a special surprise since I am not usually a fan of her show routines that are on most occasions are poor attempts at ice dance without a partner. But Carol of the Bells was very original and inspired.

Me too. In fact, I have done the same thing with all the shows. It just seems to me that it's all the same skaters doing the same thing. I sure wish something original would be on television....or maybe the Grand Prix instead of all these ice shows!!