Whose quad do you like the best? | Golden Skate

Whose quad do you like the best?

Whose quad do you like the best?

• Total voters

Bennett

Record Breaker
My votes went to Verner's and Ponsero's. Very easy and clean. Exciting to watch.

Last edited:

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
And the curmudgeon says: NO ONE's! Hate the quad! Ugly jump!

Ok, well, maybe the Quad King's were fun to watch. But none since!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Kurt Browning, Elvis Stojko, and Timothy Goebel all held the title at one point

pretty sure Plushenko and Joubert are also in that list.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is "Stephen" supposed to be Stephane Lambiel because I've never seen Stephen Carriere attempt a quad in competition. Lambiel was capable of a beauty when he was on.

My favorite quads belong to Lambiel, Ponsero, and Abbott. All 3 when they are on make the quad toe look as easy and beautiful as a triple. So many of the other options in the poll muscle the quad too much, IMO, making it look labored.

Bennett

Record Breaker
Is "Stephen" supposed to be Stephane Lambiel because I've never seen Stephen Carriere attempt a quad in competition. Lambiel was capable of a beauty when he was on.

My favorite quads belong to Lambiel, Ponsero, and Abbott. All 3 when they are on make the quad toe look as easy and beautiful as a triple. So many of the other options in the poll muscle the quad too much, IMO, making it look labored.

Sorry for the error. I always confuse the spelling between those two guys.

I also should have included Abbott, Bradley, Alban, another Kevin, and Voronov on the list.

seniorita

Record Breaker
We count the rotations only or the ability to actual land it? cause we are talking about quads and plushy is not on the list???:p

evplu

Rinkside
Brian Joubert.
His quad was magical in the last years. I hope he will find his old strengh

antmanb

Record Breaker
My personal preference on quads was Emanuel Sandhu. His quad was absolutely beautiful when he landed it and unlike Yagudin or Pluschenko - he never broke at the waist and tipped forward on the landing.

Ant

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
I love Brian's jumps, but it's pretty rare that his quads are particuly huge and lately he's been strugling to do them and it shows ( a part from the quad in his SP at the COR which was beautifully done).
The same goes to Kevin: he's got great jumps, but his quads aren't all that big. He's more of a combo guy than a quad guy.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I LOVE the look he gives after he landed it... "eat that, sucka!" :biggrin: