Boys for Kurt and Scott! | Golden Skate

Boys for Kurt and Scott!

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Wow! Congratulations to Scott. Isn't that great - both Kurt and Scott are dads and both have sons! Will we see a new rivalry?

Pookie

Final Flight
Congratulations to all. It's a shame one of them didn't have a girl. They probably would have made a great pairs team. :)

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Wow:eek: all these skating babies. It must be in the water-frozen that is.

Congrats to all! Kurt, Scott & Tiffany!!

astimegoesby

On the Ice
Hmm, "Skate Gods For Life: The Next Generation"...I like the sound of that! :)

Pookie said:
Congratulations to all. It's a shame one of them didn't have a girl. They probably would have made a great pairs team. :)

Well, Kristi and Paul's babies haven't been born yet...so that great pairs team of the future may still be a realistic possibility! :)

B

BeccaR

Congrats to them all! :D

I believe Scott's son is called Aidan, cute name!

Becca

IDLERACER

Medalist
And let's not forget that Punsalon & Swallow have one on the way as well. You can't always assume that the kids will take up their parent's vocations however. I've never seen any Albright, Heiss, Fleming or Button juniors making any headlines.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I wasn't even sure if Button had any children. I suppose he has been married? I don't think he is now but not sure.

lulu

Final Flight
I think that I read someplace that he was/is married and has two children. I think I also read someplace that his kids tried skating-but never followed through with it.

I would be (pleasantly) surpised if any of the kids of an elite skaters "makes it."

The only skater I can really think about is Yuka Sato-WC whose father placed 10th? in the World Championships.

Out of the current crowd that has kids old enough to skate-both Daria Grinkova and also, Artur Dmitriev jr. skate, but of course not at a major level. :) yet...;)

Of course it would be very interesting to watch any of these kids skate.

A side note: I really like the name Aidan

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
OMG! He missed my dad's bday and/or my best friend's bday(s) by ONE DAY!

CONGRATS SCOTTIE and TRACIE

If these new babes do take up skating, just think in 4 more Olys and there they will be:) . Will you? I'm not sure about me.:confused:

Joe

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I will be! I will so so so so so be supporting all of them!

speaking of kids... how about little Miss Daria Grinkova?? How long before we see her on an Olympic Podium? And will it be pairs, singles... or both??

lulu

Final Flight
speaking of kids... how about little Miss Daria Grinkova?? How long before we see her on an Olympic Podium? And will it be pairs, singles... or both??

She's really cute and has a lot of charisma-but I doubt she will ever become an olympic skater (that seriously was not a bash). It is just stastically out of the hundreds of thousands of skaters- only about a dozen or so a year make it to the Olympics.
It seems as if Daria is just a normal skater who skates for fun.

Of course since we are already talking about kids who skate -let's not forget about Artur Dmitriev jr. ;) ( Hey, I'm an equal opprotunity gal). He also skates-I've read that he has great speed and footwork :) I'm interested in how he does-but like Daria and any other kids-I don't expect anything. Although-I think it would be cool to see him skate (just like it was Daria).

It is cool that they are skating. But we should remember that they are still lower level skaters-and not expect anything.

Besides everyone knows that Babybukh(aka the child of Irina Lobacheva and Ilia Averbukh) will win the gold medal in 2024

;)

Edited: because post was too rambling/long.

Last edited: