Time Off | Golden Skate

Time Off

UnsaneLily87

On the Ice
I quit skating about two years ago after ~12 years on the ice. I've just found out that my college is going to have a free ice rink on friday with free rental skates. I'm so excited, this is the first time I'm going to be on the ice in over a year. However, I'm a bit nervous, this is going to be outdoor, in rental skates, blah blah blah. Does anyone have any advice on how to minimize falling time and make sure I at least look a little polished? thanks.

UnsaneLily87

On the Ice
My old, beautiful, very nice skates are at home, and I'm on the other side of the country. Wish I could bring them.

Bennett

Record Breaker
I had had rental skates a couple of occasions and they were so bad in quality, so soft, and so scary that I did not want to do anything and just tentatively sroked around. But perhaps the quality of skates may depend on the rink so that the ones at your rink might be okay. Nonetheless, I wonder if you could have anyone send you your own skates. I do not think that rental skates could be comparable to your own skates that would have been so much more expensive and better in quality.

Last edited:

antmanb

Record Breaker
Aren't there also some rink that have those molded plastic skates that are more like hockey skates? No toe picks etc?

Ant

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
If ever there was a case for having someone send you your skates via Fedex or UPS overnight delivery this is it. If you don't want them sent where you are living, you can have the package sent for you to pickup at the Fedex (or I presume UPS) office.