Thread: Interview with Kurt Browning (A is for Axel)

0 Not allowed!

Post Interview with Kurt Browning (A is for Axel)

http://currentskateofmind.com/2008/1...kurt-browning/

Jocelyn Jane Cox: How did this project come about?

Kurt Browning: I picked up the phone one day and on the other end of the line was an offer to write this style of book about skating. I loved the idea and like writing and poems, especially silly and fun ones, and so I jumped (pun intended) at the chance. How they got the idea to ask me to write it, I am not sure.
    it's a neat little interview... and, hey, it's Kurt so I'll take it

I love this book, myself. I bought my copy in Jan 2006 and he signed it. The illustrations are beautiful, and the book is humorous and not just for kids, IMO. I would definitely recommend it to ANYONE who collects skating memorabillia.

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you, Toni! I enjoyed the interview and I the book!

0 Not allowed!
    Kurt saying he has "some secret stuff waiting to spring out there in the world...You'll have to wait." hmmm.....very interesting!!

0 Not allowed!
    wasn't there an article a while back that was on Sonia (aka Mrs. Kurt Browning ) writing an alphabet book based on dance and that Kurt was helping?

not suggesting that's what he's referring to, but am I dreaming or is she/did she writing one?

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Kurt first mentioned that dance book to me back in the spring of 2006 so they've been working on it for quite a while, and no it's not out yet. Doesn't seem like Sleeping Bear Press gives them very strict deadlines though - I think "A is for Axel" was a while in the making too!

0 Not allowed!
    thanks, Tina... I knew I wasn't just making stuff up lol

I should be studying!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    wasn't there an article a while back that was on Sonia (aka Mrs. Kurt Browning ) writing an alphabet book based on dance and that Kurt was helping?

not suggesting that's what he's referring to, but am I dreaming or is she/did she writing one?
    You're not dreaming at all, perhaps your brain is a little overloaded by finals, but actually, Kurt mentioned it in the interview.

J.J.C.: Will there be a follow-up?

K.B.:.....There will be a follow up book about dance and I am helping my wife Sonia with it. Sonia is a principal dancer with the National Ballet of Canada. Working together on this project has been a good experience for us. It has been fun having a common goal.