Whose spins do you like the best? (Men) | Golden Skate

Whose spins do you like the best? (Men)

Whose spins do you like the best?

• Total voters

Bennett

Record Breaker
My votes go to Johnny's (esp. camel and sit are extremely beautiful), Shawn's (amazing lines!), Tomas's (very well centered and fast), Ponsero's (fast), and Jeremy's (well centered and very beautiful).

Last edited:

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
I voted for others: Stéphane Lambiel.
Yas, I know he's retired, but his spins are unbeatable!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Evan's - just for the sit spin alone lol

but Stephane forever holds the title...

another one is Scott... Smith? US skater in the 90s, he had some impressive spins too.

dancingqueen

On the Ice
Tie between Johnny and Stephane. I love Johnny’s several upright spins and pancake spin and camel spin. Also One of Stephane’s sit spins where his arms circle upwards like a snake. And his headless spin is out of this world.

Next favorite goes to Plushenko’s bagel spin and one of his upright spins which looked very artistic. And also Sandhu’s spin combinations.

These are my favorites so far. :)

Medusa

Record Breaker
Abbott of course. Of the current men it's definitely Abbott. He might not have the greatest and most elegant positions (but then again Lambiel had some strange looking ones too) - but Abbott's speed and centering is amazing. Johnny's look rather average to me these days - except when he is doing spins in exhibitions.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I am going to disregard Stephane's retirement; so long as he's skating in some form or another, he gets my vote :thumbsup:.

Bennett

Record Breaker
I love Jeremy's spins, too. He has nice positions. He is good at everything; but his spins may be among the best that stand out. Although he sometimes gives me an impression as if he were relatively slower than other guys in his skating, his fast spins add much speed to his programs.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am going to disregard Stephane's retirement; so long as he's skating in some form or another, he gets my vote :thumbsup:.

Under Cop, Stephane

Pre Cop - Todd

Toni, I think you're thinking of Scott Davis, who was a great spinner! Too bad he suffers from vertigo. :cry:

Medusa

Record Breaker
How the heck is Johnny winning this poll? Right, freedom of press and opinion and everything...

(But hello, Chan? Abbott? Oda? Even Verner!)

dancingqueen

On the Ice
How the heck is Johnny winning this poll? Right, freedom of press and opinion and everything...

(But hello, Chan? Abbott? Oda? Even Verner!)

What do the words “ how the heck” have to do anything , since the topic of the thread is for “ Whose spins do you like the best ?”

And as you know, it reflects everyone’s personal taste and opinions, but still you are saying “ how the heck “ .

I don’t understand why you would get upset or frustrated about other people’s favorites. :scratch:

You can just enjoy your favorite skater’s spins.

stevlin

On the Ice
The Buttle man

Jeff Buttle's spins are just perfect in every way. I vote for Jeff even if he retired.:love: