Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stars on Ice 2004 Cast

Custom Title

Stars on Ice 2004 Cast

Here's the moment everyone has been waiting for - this year's cast for Stars on Ice!!!

Alexei Yagudin
    Jamie Sale´ & David Pelletier
    Elena Berezhnaya & Anton Sikharulidze
    Todd Eldredge
    Yuka Sato
    Jenni Meno & Tood Sand
    Kyoko Ina & John Zimmerman

2004 Guest Stars
    Scott Hamilton
    Oksana Baiul
    Ekaterina Gordeeva
    *Additional Guest Stars to be announced

The guest stars will probably perform in select cities. I am so excitied!!! I haven't seen the show since 98 - I just couldn't bring myself to see it the past few years (because of a certain cast member), although I missed both Scott's and Kristi's last years with the show. I hope that Steven Cousins will be another guest star!! And I can't wait to see what Christopher Dean will do for the show!!!

Here's the website: http://www.starsonice.com/cast/default.asp

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

Gosh, I don't know, Herm. Yuka Sato is one of my all time favorites. Alexei has charisma. Todd is very popular with American audiences.

But it looks like they are still banking on the four pairs teams to sell the show.

Back in the day -- with Scott, Kristi and Kurt -- those names alone guarenteed an audience. Now I think the burden will be on the choreographers to come up with an ensemble show that packs 'em in.

Mathman

Custom Title
    BTW, Kurt and Kristi are still scheduled to appear as "special guest stars" in certain cities--their names just haven't been added to the official SOI site yet for whatever reason. It'll be interesting to see which guest stars will appear in which cities...and how (or if) they might be integrated into this year's group numbers.

hrmsk8ngnutt said:

I just couldn't bring myself to see it the past few years (because of a certain cast member)

I'm very curious! Who? You've missed alot of great shows!

SkateFan4Life
    Great skaters, but I'm not particularly thrilled with the lineup. I think SOI is banking everything on the pairs teams, and I think they're going to have another season of low ticket sales. SOI played to small audiences last year, and I have to wonder if they can stay afloat, financially, if people stay away in droves as they did last season.

Katarina Witt was one of the SOI headliners last season. She wrote in her website that she was grateful to SOI for not cancelling any of the shows, despite the low ticket sales.

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar

Stars on Ice 2004 Casthmmm

No Kurt? hmmm.........

Great American Ballpark Watching the Reds
    I thought the show was great last year. I might be in the minority but the show was so entertaining for me that I saw it twice last year! That is not a bad core cast at all IMO and I look foward to seeing what SOI has in store for us this year. The guest stars will be interesting this year to see how it affects the show overall. I trust Christopher Dean though and I think he will do a fabulous job. Bring on the tour! :D

Custom Woman
    Yuka! Yuka! Yuka! Yesssss!

Kwanfan,
    ITA with you. I thoroughly enjoyed the show last year with the exception of the exclusion of Ilia Kulik and inclusion of the "Elvis & Marilyn" number. Love B&S, just not that program. I'm hoping Ilia will be one of the "Guest stars to be announced" who ends up doing the whole tour

Anyway, I'll be curious to see what Christopher Dean does with the show.
    Rgirl

Re: Stars on Ice 2004 Casthmmm

Originally posted by Ladskater
    No Kurt? hmmm.........
    before we go nuts and think he got chacked from the cast... KURT HIMSELF planned on cutting back this year due to the birth of his son...

quite frankly it's an awesome move for Kurt... he's really got his priorities correct

I'm more worried about Steven being left off... hopefully it's just SOI slowness and not "tough luck, Mr. Cousins"

Rinkside
    Kurt will be appearing as one of the guest stars in the US and is listed as such in some of the flyers that people have already received.

Tripping on the Podium
    Like Heather, I loved last year's show!! I'm a huge pairs fan and they have some of my all time favorite pairs, so I was a very happy camper

I'm happy to see Yuka back though

*Passionate for Figure Skating* Ice Princess's Avatar

Stars on Ice 2004 Cast

Yah, no Kurt-that is a real bummer! But I figured also that it was because of the birth of his child-

NM Pinon Picker
    Yes!...they're scheduled to come to Albuquerque, NM. They omitted it from the 2002/03 schedule. I was so disappointed, I emailed SOI. I recieved a politically correct email. I'm just glad I won't have to miss the tour this year. :D

Is the full schedule of cities out? I wonder how many stops are included this year.

Mathman

Custom Title
    Originally posted by amykaren
    I'm very curious! Who? You've missed alot of great shows!
    OK, amykaren. The skater I'm referring to is Tara. I was not happy when she joined the cast not only because I am not a fan of hers but in interviews as to why she was turning pro, she said that she wanted to be closer to her family and get to know her dad. Then she goes and joins SOI. I'm sorry, but please tell me how you can get to know one of your parents if you are on the road for 5 months!!!! It just really irked me to no end!!! And I did not like the programs she did (Genie in a Bottle, the patriotic program that was a rip-off of Paul Wylie's, etc.). <please do not take this as a bashing, as although I am a big Michelle fan I do understand and accept Tara winning in Nagano>

I know she wasn't in last year's show because of her injury, but I had plans the same night of the Oakland show so I couldn't go.

I will say again that I am really looking forward to this year as I love all the skaters in the cast and I am a huge fan of Christopher Dean and his choreography (I still lament Michelle dropping the Eric Clapton SP) so I can't wait to see what he does. I also am looking forward as to who the other guest stars will be [Steven Cousins? Kristi Yamaguchi? (if she is trained/in-shape after childbirth) Brian Boitano? (I read somewhere he'd like to perform again)] and which cities they'll be performing in.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast