favorite programs | Golden Skate

favorite programs

Bennett

Record Breaker
I have liked:

Mao LP. I love the music that has passionate, melancholic Romanticism. I see more Russian TAT than Mao in this music selection and choreos. I know some ppl think it too repetitive, but I like listening to long passages. Love the spread eagle sequence and straightline step sequence with lots of twizzles (I always feel a bit worried if she doesn't fall with her hand holding the foot :laugh:).

Yuna both programs.. I found both masterpieces. I love the musicality and sharp presentation in SP (esp. step sequence) and the understated elegance in LP.

Alissa LP. I think it has very well-thoughtout structure/composition and choreos and very enjoyable to watch.

Ashley's both programs. Two completely different types of music make a good constrast between the two. Very nicely choreographed on every note of the music. Great musicality. I do not find the SP music particularly interesting, but I can forget that because of the exceptionally well thought-out choreos that go so well with each phrase.

Mirai both programs. Most entertaining to watch. Very complicated, intricate choreos with lovely little details. Step sequences are great in both programs. I also love the sharp, quick presentation.

Tomas both programs. Most entertaining and amuzing among the men. Love the performing aspects of these programs. Very intricate and well thought-out choreos and charming presentation.

Jeremy SP. Elegant. A wonderful choice of music for him. Intricate choreos.

Johnny both programs. I always love the delicate, poignant sensitivity in his programs. They have calm, understated maturity. I tend not to analyze specific elements in his programs. I just watch it, forget to analyze, and enjoy the program as a whole rather than as a sum of its parts. As a result, I barely have more than a bunch of adjectives to describe his programs.

Shawn LP. A masterpiece. The music edits are a bit odd. I would wish if they had sticked to just one piece from Mozart. Yet, very fresh and pleasant overall. Although the choreos are very lovely, I feel that the effects may owe a lot to his dancing skills. Impeccable posture and lines. Smooth, graceful carriage as he dances. Fresh, lively, and joyful performance.

Last edited:

Sdongxie

On the Ice
Yu-na Kim SP

Katrina Hacker SP

Alexe Gilles SP

Jeremy Abbott LP

Davis & White OD and FD

Medusa

Record Breaker
Asada LP: I said it directly after TEB - incredible program. A masterpiece. A champion's program. If it works out this season I could imagine her keeping it till Olympics, it's just that good. The SP is a mess though in my opinion.

Kim SP: basically the same I said to Asada's LP, beautiful powerful program, very memorable. But it's time she gets a really memorable LP in my opinion.

Lepistö SP: Great music, amazing musical footwork...

Kawaguchi/Smirnov SP: They do a really good swan. It's also a nice contrast to their overdramatic, frantic LP (I have no idea what the LP is about... It's nearly as bad as the Murkhatova/Trankov LP).

Suzuki Ex: Well, I just wanted to mention it - again - what a great program that is.

Abbott SP: Very nice. Very Abbott - love the costume, so dreamy and playful but not typical Russian/Johnny-style.

Joubert SP: our little rockstar :cool:

Joubert Ex: Fantastic stuff. First of all - thanks for having a new exhibition Brian. Some of the exhibitions of other skaters I can't see anymore... Then - it's really a great exhibtion, it showcases his basic skating skills in a way none of his programs so far in his career have. It's basic stroking, connected with loads of moves in the field, a jump here and there (they actually take away from the beauty of the program - if Brian could jump like Johnny or Kozuka it wouldn't matter - but Brian has only one way of jumping: powerful - and those few powerful movements don't really fit the rest of the program in my opinion). It's also very musical, very non-showy (that's not a word, is it?). Plus Brian in this very tight completely white costume? Oops, that was shallow. I am still wondering about the underwear though - you don't see anything, despite the colour and the tightness!

Kerr FD: I really don't know anything about icedance - but that freedance is completely hypnotising.

Chan LP: Reluctantly I have to say that it's a great program, a great choice of music and also a rather great skater. Still don't like the hype though :scowl:

Ponsero SP: Amazing. French. Ponsero.

shine

Record Breaker
Kerr's FD
Abbott's LP
Rochette's LP
Lepisto's SP
Kozuka's SP
Chan's LP

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
do you mean from this competitive season, all time??? I assume it's this season... in which case I can't think of one program that stands out, but I haven't seen much... unfortunately.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
very good thread.

I liked Mirai's SP, i feel that it is something different than what we usually see and it suits her personality. Her LP I am not sold on yet, perhaps because she has not skated it well.

I love both of Mao's programs, but to be honest I expected a little more from the Claire de Lune...but maybe she has to grow into it more.

I like both of Abott's programs, Davis and White's freedance :love:, Belbin and Agosto's freedance and S&S freeskate.

I also greatly enjoy both of Mclaughlin and Brubaker's programs....i just love watching them.

of course both of Yu-na's programs are masterpieces.

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Kozuka's SP
Preaubert's SP
Joubert's SP

Savchenko & Szolkowy SP & LP
Kawaguchi & Smirnov SP

Samuelson & Bates FD
Khokhlova & Novitski OD
Faiella & Scali FD
Davis & White FD

Vincero

Rinkside
I agree with a lot of choices above, but to add some of my faves:

Kimmie's SP
Fumie's SP
Joannie's SP
Kristoffer Berntsson's SP and LP
Kawaguchi/Smirnov's SP
Pang/Tong's LP
Brodeur/Mattatall's LP

HCOSurfer

Final Flight
Ladies:
Ashley's SP & LP, Kimmie's SP, Mirai's SP, Yuna's SP & LP, Joannies SP & LP, Alissa's LP, Katrina's SP

Men:
Jeremy's SP & LP, Stephen's LP, Patrick's SP & LP

Pairs:
M/B's SP & LP, M/T's SP, P/T's LP, Z/Z's SP

Dance:
I don't really pay attention to dance but I LOVED D/W's FD

Last edited:

Oscilla

On the Ice
Mao Asada - LP - probably the most packed ladoes LP ever, and it's all done to the music. Amazing to watch!
Nobunari Oda - SP - Superb interpretation of the music with the entire body. More polish, less nerves and it'll be a classic for me.
M.Davis/Ch.White - FD - Wow! Their programs of last season did not impress me, but this year the FD is fab.
Yukari Nakano - LP - She's just an amazing performer.
Tomas Verner - LP - Not a big fan of his skating, but the choreo is good indeed.

Also, Mirai has lovely programs. If only she skated them at their full potential.. :(

KayMil01

On the Ice
Well I've only watched SA from Ice Network and have only started to watch SC so far, and from whatever programs I've cought before youtube removed them, my fav programs I've seen are:

M/B: SP & LP
M/T: SP
Fumie's SP
Yukari's SP
Kawaguchi/Smirnov's SP
Alissa's LP
Yu-Na's SP & LP
Jeremy's SP & LP
Shawn's LP
Savchenko/S...(sp? lol) LP
Joannie's LP
Kerr's OD
NavBom's OD
Delobel/Schoenfelder's OD & FD
Summerset/Gilles: FD (very cool and original lift!)

browsermaster

Spectator
I didn't watch all the program yet,, but my favorite programs are...
Men :
Joubert's SP , passionate, energetic
Jeremy's LP , elegant prince
Women :
Yuna kim's SP, LP : Both programs are masterpiece.. definitely :clap:
Yukari's LP : fun to watch :yes:
Alissa's LP: beautiful, elegant program.. :agree:

vlaurend

Final Flight
Yannick Ponsero's SP at Skate Canada and LP at NHK! He has been the surprise of the season for me!

Kinga

Medalist
I have seen quite a few programes, but still, not all of them. This is what caught my attention so far:

Men:
Jeremy Abbott SP LP
Johnny Weir SP
Oda SP

Ladies:
Mao LP, Sarah Meier LP SP, Ashley Wagner LP SP, Joannie LP SP, Alissa LP

Pairs:
M/T SP, V/M LP SP

Dance:
K/K FD, D/W FD

Bennett

Record Breaker
I also loved Sarah's programs, especially her LP. Her choices of music were interesting as always. I hope she is doing alright.

lmarie086

Medalist
Pairs:
M/T SP
M/B SP
V/M SP, LP
S/S LP

Dance:
D/W OD, FD
S/G OD, FD
K/K OD, FD
W/P FD

Ladies:
Wagner SP, LP
Nagasu SP
Kim SP (her LP still needs to grow on me)
Rochette SP, LP

Men:
Ponsero SP
Abbott SP, LP
Sawyer LP
Weir LP
Chan SP
Kozuka SP

I think my list is too long...:laugh:

Audrey19

On the Ice
There are many of them this season, but unfortunately I haven't watched all of them so far. So here are my picks:
Men:
Rippon SP & LP I fell completely in love with this guy :love:
Chan LP: at TEB, I didn't even notice the mistakes, he drew me into his skate so much...
Abbot SP simply gorgeous

Ladies:
Asada LP stunning, truly a champion's program!
Apart from that. there's not much I really like...haven't seen Yuna's SP though

Pairs:
Savchenko & Szolkowy LP wonderful, especially if they can skate it cleanly
Zhang's LP not a masterpiece, but compared to previous programs a huge improvement
Mclaughlin & Brubaker SP very entertaining

Dance:
DelSchoe OD lovely, what a wonderful idea
Davis & White OD very compelling and entertaining
Faeilla & Scali FD so beautiful
Cappellini & Lanotte FD same here
Kerr's FD mesmerizing :bow:

KayMil01

On the Ice
I love Delobel/Shoenfelders' hilarious antics they do before and after their CD's and OD's...like this years CD at Skate America for the waltz (i think it was?) in the begining where he bends down to her level and they stare at each other, and at the end where she shoves him and he throws up his arms as if to say "whatya gonna do?" :rofl: love their OD where Olivier's an "old man" :rock: