Nobu's blog updated | Golden Skate

Nobu's blog updated

Bennett

Record Breaker
http://www.kansai-u.ac.jp/sports/message/oda/2008/12/post_5.html

My summary. Though It's titled NHK Torophy, He actually doesn't say anything about his performances here. Starting by apologizing for the delayed update after the regional comp, like 85% of the text is devoted to thank all those ppl who have supported and cheered for him. So, many many thanks throughout the text. He thinks he owes his skating to all those ppl. He feels truly and heartily grateful. Then he would like to be a skater who could be a support to others. He also would like to grow as a person. As a post script, he apologizes for not being able to write in English (I think that he should have written that last sentence in English :laugh:).

I would appreciate it if anyone could follow-up more detailed translation.

------------------------------------------------
ETA: If you want to send a message to him, go to the following page:

http://www.kansai-u.ac.jp/sports/message/oda/send.html

As you'd know, Oda has been in Canada for a long time and working with multinational coaches so that he should be able to understand your message in English.

Put your name on the upper column and write the text in the bigger column.

The text below the bigger column asks you if you are okay with their introducing your message except for your name on that website (even though I've never seen them doing so).
If yes, check the upper button.
If no, check the button below.

To confirm your message, click the left wider box at the bottom. To reset, click the right, narrower box.

On the next page, you would have "Return" and "Send." The "Return" box would be narrower and on the left, and the "Send" box would be wider and on the right, though I could be wrong. But if you click the wrong box when you try to send it, it would just bring you to the previous page, so that you could figure out yourself which was which.

Finally, I am not sure if this function is accessible from all computers from various regions, but you could try and see what happens.

Last edited:

Okami

On the Ice
Thanks for the instructions, Bennet! :)

Finally, I am not sure if this function is accessible from all computers from various regions, but you could try and see what happens.

Actually, about year and a half ago I had huge problems with sending a message. Every time I clicked the "Send" button, I got a cgi error. I thought it was caused by the server overload or a script failure, bu my friends from Japan and USA could send the messages without any troubles. On the other hand, my friends from Europe had exactly the same problem as me.
Eventually I found a way around this issue; if I want to send a message I use an online proxy. Vtunnel.com is a good one. If it works too slowly for you, just try googling for another one. There is a lot of online proxies to choose from. :)

I would appreciate it if anyone could follow-up more detailed translation.

I'm currently translating the Yutaka's Room with Nobu, Taka and his Dad (hilarious, but they speak so fast I have troubles understanding things at times...) and an Russian interview with Morozov (he speaks about Nobu and his other students), but once I'm done, I'll try to tackle this one. :)

Bennett

Record Breaker
Thanks Okami for your further information about the method of sending a message to him.

I also appreciate your kind offer to follow up the translation.

Yutaka's room (for those who don't know, it is a talk show hosted by a famous commentator) is hilarious. I would look forward to reading your translation.

Last edited:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I remember during the '06-'07 NHK Trophy it was discussed that Nobu is studying or has hopes to become a high school English teacher someday. I wonder if this is still in the cards for him?