tv coverage of the junior final | Golden Skate

tv coverage of the junior final

dancemaster

On the Ice
I just wondering if there will be tv coverage of the junior event???

Last edited:

Wrlmy

Medalist
Has junior event ever been televised recently?
I believe Ice Network provides coverage of jgpf and jw.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
they showed the US ladies because they also skate as seniors.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It's possible the Koreans will have streaming video of the juniors. It's hard to know. Last year there was almost nothing from JGPF, but this year, since the seniors and the juniors are together, I am hoping that some video will be available.

Please be aware that in the US, Icenetwork has the broadcast rights to both the JGPF and the GPF, so the likelihood of videos making it to youtube and staying there long is not great.

And if you're in the US, subscribing to Ice Network, provided you have a good quality high speed link, is worthwhile. They do put the archived video footage up several days later and keep it there for over a year, so you need not have time to view it just now. If you stay in hotels in the US with any frequency, you could view the footage then.

Last edited:

visaliakid

Final Flight
Country
United-States
According to IceNetwork their LIVE coverage will be on Dec 12 and 13. This would indicate to me one of two possibilities:

1. Korean TV is either not providing coverage of Dec 11 day one coverage of all the Junior short program and original dance events; or...
2. They are not covering live, but on a delay basis (and IN plans to record and put up on their site for after the fact OnDemand viewing).

I am hoping for possibility # 2.

missysays

On the Ice
According to IceNetwork their LIVE coverage will be on Dec 12 and 13. This would indicate to me one of two possibilities:

1. Korean TV is either not providing coverage of Dec 11 day one coverage of all the Junior short program and original dance events; or...
2. They are not covering live, but on a delay basis (and IN plans to record and put up on their site for after the fact OnDemand viewing).

I am hoping for possibility # 2.

I sent an email into the customer service to ask IN if they were planning on showing the Junior competitors OnDemand or not at all and the person responded with just the URL for the Senior Live competition viewing schedule. So either they misunderstood my question or the Junior part of the Grand Prix is not going to be shown at IN at all.

No word on whether or not it's because of a Korean TV broadcasting decision.

Pretty frustrating for viewers since such a good opportunity of holding both JGPF and Senior GPF in the same competition venue would seem naturally to follow that you would broadcast all of the competition programming at once.

visaliakid

Final Flight
Country
United-States
IceNetwork posted this today:

The Junior Grand Prix Final is being taped and will be shown on-demand a week to 10 days after the final day of competition.

lmarie086

Medalist
IceNetwork posted this today:

The Junior Grand Prix Final is being taped and will be shown on-demand a week to 10 days after the final day of competition.

...Whyyyy!? This is the perfect opportunity to show JGP skaters...and I have to admit, I am dying to see the Hubbells.

I'm sorry but it's incredibly pointless to not show it live...and just a bit stupid.

Last edited:

kasiaavery

Rinkside
It seems as though WebTV NTV will be showing some of the Juniors :agree:

НТВ-ПЛЮС Спорт Онлайн channel:
Thursday Dec 11
10:40-16:15 (Moscow time)
Junior OD/Junior Men SP/Junior Pairs SP/Junior Ladies SP(Live)

Friday Dec 12
08:25-11:25 (Moscow time)
Junior Pairs FS/Junior Men FS (Live)

Does anyone know if there will any broadcasts or if NTV will be showing the Jr Ladies FS & Jr Dance FD?

Last edited:

oleada

Record Breaker
Seriously, you just know IceNetwork will be removing YouTube videos like crazy, but they can't be arsed to show it live. UUURGH. Obviously there's a feed if Russian TV is showing it.

Trewyn

Medalist
Do you have to pay for NTV? Yeah, youtube vids of the GP don't last a day. I would buy an IN subscription in a heartbeat, but Europeans are blocked from all of the Grand Prix.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Ahhhhh, I think NTV starts coverage at 6:25 a.m. Paris/Berlin time. That leaves me exactly 5 hours and 50 minutes to sleep. But I can sleep through senior OD, so that's another hour...