Pennington to skate in Anchorage! | Golden Skate

Pennington to skate in Anchorage!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Fur Rondy is a winter celebration held here in Anchorage. It has historical ties as it was something that fur traders (hence the FUR) did when they'd come in to town to sort of break up the cabin fever. They'd get together and just have a wild party. Now we have a carnival, the traditional fur auction, dog weight pulls, there's the World Championship sprint dog races (ie short distance mushing) that takes place over a 2-3 day period, outhouse races (seriously), and other just ridiculously AWESOME events.

It's short for Fur Rondeveux (I can't even spell it! LOL). And it's something South Central Alaska looks forward to every year! I can't wait for it this year! :) It's always so much fun, and there are SLED DOGS! :laugh:

http://www.furrondy.net

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
never mind... no photos... I was asked to take all of my Rondy pics from the last few years down today by Rondy... *sigh* considering parents are complaining I have no problem with it, but apparently I can't even have Parker's pics up because "he might sue"... so okay.

Last edited:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Beautiful pics, Toni! Glad you got to attend a skating event in Alaska! :party:

lcd

Match Penalty
Thanks for the post and pics. I think Parker has been such a sportsman. Glad to see him having opportunities to perform.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
he was definitely appreciated here... I definitely loved seeing his skating (which is saying a lot considering I was - and still am - upset about him being asked to be the featured skater when we freaking have Keegan Messing - who ended up not performing :no: )

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
he did a really nice job. I can't really compare him to the others because it was a local club show... but I enjoyed his programs...

Skatefaster

Spectator
I loved his short program for nationals...he proformed it amazingly and the best i've ever seen him do it!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
His short program at Nationals was amazing. :biggrin: :) We saw him do it live, and the crowd reaction was incredible! :clap: :clap: :clap: