Survivor Season 7 | Golden Skate

Survivor Season 7

mike79

On the Ice
Anyone else watch tonight? Looks like it's gonna be a great season. I'm already a huge fan of the Drake tribe, especially Rupert and Michelle. I loved it when Rupert stole the shoes from the other tribe!

Nicole deserved to go. The vote must have been 7 to 1, the way they showed the votes at the end.

The previews misled us by saying that they would have to land on the island with just the clothes on their backs. They didn't say anything about the friendly little village where they could buy chickens both cooked and live, cigarette lighters, what have you.

They said they had to save enough money to hire a boat to take them to their island. I wonder what would have happened if they hadn't? Would the whole tribe have been disqualified and the show over?:laugh:

Mathman

tharrtell

TriGirl Rinkside
On the Ice
Love it, love it, love it. Looking forward to what seems like an interesting show. I hope they continue with the twists - keeps it exciting for everyone.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Every season we gear up at work with a pool. Everyone pays $5, first person voted off gets $10, runner up gets $20 and the last survivor gets $50. We randomly draw names and I got Andrew Savage. Don't know if I like him yet, it kind of makes me nervous that they put him in a leadership role. That could be dangerous. Anyhow, I love Rupert and Auntie Lil.:love: :laugh: I am also looking forward to the different twists.:confused:

Thanks Mike for starting the topic.

Dee

guinevere

Final Flight
Dee, that sounds like a lot of fun!

Love this season so far! The Drake tribe rocks (except Jon)! Morgan tribe, um, doesn't (except Ryan S and Lill, who will be going home very shortly, I imagine).

I loved that we got a 90 minute premiere - usually it takes me several epidoes to sort out who's who - by now I've got all the women straight. All those Alpha Males are still hard to keep track of, though!

guinevere

I didn't watch the premiere and hadn't planned on watching--got sort of Survivor'd out. But I'm going to check it out. Sounds like it might be a good one. Thanks for the info.
Rgirl

serenity

On the Ice
This is the first Survivor show I have watched. I don't like to watch them because if I miss a show I won't want to watch them anymore. I missed a BB4 show once but reading the show on the site was not so bad, they pretty much tell you everything on the show. I liked it when they teamed up to pull off their chothes:laugh:
Rupert was smart to have caught those fish but the sunburn will not be so fun. Did you guys see all the bug bites. ouch:(

heyang

Record Breaker
Definitely enjoying the pirate theme to this edition of Survivor.

So far, Rupert's my favorite and I definitely prefer his team over the other.

The other team just can't seem to get their act together. Why were 2 of the men playing football with a coconut when their camp is in disarray? Someone says 'we need to fish more' - duh, you need to eat if you expect to keep your strength up for the challenges.

So far, it's better than Survivor Africa and Survivor Thailand (? the one with Ted and Clay and Brian).

mike79

On the Ice
Rupert is making a case for being best Survivor contestant ever. He, along with the Drake tribe are really great to watch.

I wasn't surprised in the least when Ryan S. was voted out last night. It was obvious that he couldn't handle the physical aspect of the game.

The Drake team had an overwhelming advantage because they had someone who could speak Spanish. Because of this, they basically walked off with the whole village. The Morgan tribe hardly has the wherewithall to subsist.

Do you think that the producers staged that business about losing the head of the fishing spear, then letting Rupert find it? There is no way that he could have just stumbled upon it in the whole ocean. I am very suspicious about how much "reality" we are seeing. I bet they will arrange it so that the Morgan tribe wins the next challenge. Although, as pathetic as the Morgan tribe is, finding something that they can win might be a challenge in itself.

I thought Jeff was uncharacteristically mean at the tribal council.

MM

mike79

On the Ice
Hi Mathman

I love it when Probst gets all crazy with the contestants. It's so funny to watch them try to sidestep his tough questions.

It woudn't surprise me if Rupert found it on his own. He probably had an idea of where to start looking. Of course the editing has a lot to do with how everything is perceived, but Rupert seems to know how to survive out there.

Everyone should go and take a look at his profile and audition tape at the official website, they're awesome:

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor7/survivors/bio/rupert.shtml

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Remember how I said we have the pool at work, well I also have to do a report every week. One of the categories is popularity and Rupert's popularity went up about 25 points over last week. The first week he was voted first to get the boot.:laugh: :laugh: I loved it when he was swinging from the tree in his skirt. The other great moment in the show was when Auntie Lil was swimming in her underwear. Reminded me of Jun in Big Brother. Somethings should not be seen, especially on National TV or when someone is eating dinner.:laugh: :laugh:

Dee

Blade1

On the Ice
I have to agree with everyone, this is by far the BEST SURVIVOR EVER !! In my opinion of course. The "looting" part of the game is EXCELLENT and I was just loved watching her take the tarp away from the Morgan team. The Morgan team started off bad as soon as they arrived in that little village at the beginning of the game. All going their seperate ways, not working as a team. That was a very weak move on their part, and they are suffering for it right now.

Rupert is definitly my favorite member this season, and I am totally rooting for him. He's AWESOME and is playing the game really really smart.

And Osten - WA WA WA !!!!!!!!

:cry:

WHAT A SUCK HE IS !!! POOR POOR sport and just a real suck if you ask me. He knew what Suvivor was going to be like, so why did he ever apply to take part in the challenge? Did he think they would be treated like Kings & Queens on the Island? WA WA !!! CRY ALL THE WAY HOME Osten !!

tharrtell

TriGirl Rinkside
On the Ice
Yeah, Osten's a big baby. Did he think past seasons looked easy?

Mathman, I never assume we're watching reality ... society is waaaay to litigious to really let them out on their ownt, but it's still amusing to watch the interactions amongst the tribes, IMO.

Me thinks Sandra is going to regret saying how much she enjoyed looting ... she made enemies with that one.

heyang

Record Breaker
I'm thinking that the Morgan team had better get themselves into shape. When they worried about losing their tarp, why didn't the take it down and hide it. Especially when they complain that their shelter isn't adequate - rebuild it darn it. Why are they playing coconut football when there's work to be done.

Although Drake had the advantage of Sandra speaking Spanish, the Morgan team were pretty rude while trading. Based upon the editing, it really seemed that they were just trying to grab whatever. They even had money left.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When they worried about losing their tarp, why didn't the take it down and hide it.
Heyang, my thoughts exactly, why didn't they hide it and anything else that they wanted to keep? Andrew is by far not a good leader and I think he will pay for that in the end. In the treasure chest competition, why did he have Ryan S. go first, didn't seem like a good decision. Yup, they are not geling?

Dee

mike79

On the Ice
Not at all surprised that Lil got the boot tonight. She wasn't making any friends out there at all. She may have gone into the game with a good work ethic but her boot speech left me wondering if she had watched Survivor before. Didn't she realize that Survivor is all about lying and deceit?

I really hope that Jon from Drake goes next. He just comes off as a complete jerk.

Osten may be ready to throw in the towel, but he showed a lot of heart tonight by lasting as long as he did in the Immunity Challenge. Considering the lack of food and sleep, I think he did a good job.

sk8er1964

On the Ice
I think Osten did one heck of a job on the immunity challenge. Being an athlete myself (albeit an old one), I know it takes a lot of guts to keep going and pushing his muscles like he did. I wish I had seen the reward challenge, but I had a late meeting :mad: .

But - wow! What about Rupert? I'd like to see him go all the way - but when they get more towards the end, and individual immunity, I'll bet Rupert will become too much of a threat.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Poor Lil

Do you need special equipment to view the videos at the Survivor site? I click on them and nothing happens. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Dee

PS I was sorry to see Lil get the boot. Personally, I would have voted off Darrah. What does she do??? I would have voted her off just based on her voice.

mike79

On the Ice
Dee

I think that the only thing you need is the latest RealPlayer if you want to see the videos. If you don't already have it go and download it for free.