Survivor Season 7 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Survivor Season 7

Kasey

Medalist
First time I'm posting on this thread this season, wow, what's wrong with me?? (Dreaming of drooling over Ethan in the All Star Survivor, probably! :) )

My mom and I are survivor buddies, watching it either together or by phone...and she is SOOOOOOO p.o-ed that Rupert is gone! I'm upset about it too, because he truly was the most deserving of it....but it was not at all unexpected, because he was such a threat. I would love for there to be an all-female alliance in the background, that we don't know about, so that both Burton and Jon would be gone next! That could explain the "big lie", since Lil has made her promises of alliance to Burton?

I actually found Jon almost human on tonight's episode....someone slap ME!

Sandra is entirely too cool!! I felt so bad for her, putting Rupert out of the game, you know it was totally by accident. I would LOVE for her to win, or Christa (Amazon woman!)

At least Ti seems to have a conscience, saying "we're only alive because of Rupert"...of course, that didn't go to Tribal Council with her, but I understand her and Darrah voting him off out of self=preservation.

Ya know, at first when the "Outcasts" came back in the game, I thought it was a GREAT twist. But now, supposing Lil or Burton wins this thing? How fair is it that they got TWO chances to compete in this thing, and everyone who has been voted out since doesn't? Osten (not that the wussy jackass would WANT to come back, since rain and pelicans are still around), Sean, Andrew, Ryan, Rupert, and all else voted out after that occurence, they don't get the second chance. I'm just wondering, if Lil or Burton wins this, if there will be any legal challenges over it? (With as litigious a society we are).

I really hope that Christa and Sandra DO thrash the camp next week, saying "We are the two remaining ones who MADE this camp, so the h*ll with you all!" (Come on, like we can count Johnny Fairplay as contributing to the camp?)

Here's rooting for Christa, Sandra, and even Ti....of course, with my luck, that will mean Darrah or Jon will win! LOL

Kasey

sk8er1964

On the Ice
I've been away from a computer since Thursday afternoon (aaargh!!!) so couldn't comment until now.....

I'm bummed that Rupert is gone too, although I'm not shocked.

I haven't liked Jon from the start, but if the final two are Jon and Burton, or Jon and Lil, I'd vote for Jon in a heartbeat. At least he is what he seems to be. Plus, he wouldn't be one of the Outcasts with their second chance.

heyang

Record Breaker
A friend of mine looked at the online contract that each contestant signs when submitting and entry. The contract includes a clause which says that the person must comply with any and all changes in game play. So, none of the Surivivors will be able to sue because they were denied the 2nd chance that the Outkasts received. I've heard that the contract is very strict regarding confidentiality and guest appearances (all have to be approved by CBS and the producers of the show for a year.)

Don't forget....Survivor is being broadcast on Wednesday this week due to Thanksgiving. BTW, I'd much rather watch Survivor than a college football game or re-run.

The ads for tonights show promise "the biggest betrayal in the history of survivor!" To me, that can only mean Lil turning against Burton. My prediction: the ladies get it together and gang up on the guys.

Mathman

guinevere

Final Flight
I hope so!!!!

Can't wait for tonight - I'm so glad they seem to have jettisoned the worthless "recrap" episode they usually do about this time.

guinevere

Skate Sandee

On the Ice
guinevere said:
I hope so!!!!

Can't wait for tonight - I'm so glad they seem to have jettisoned the worthless "recrap" episode they usually do about this time.

guinevere

Jeff Probst talked about that in a radio interview I heard. You can blame CBS for the lame-ass re-cap shows. Jeff pointed out that because each week has a tribe member voted off, the number of episodes was pretty much set in stone. But for some stupid reason, CBS would insist on an extra episode. It drove him and Burnet crazy because it always caused the show to stall in momentum. This year they got around that problem by having the extra Outcast tribal council which took the place of the recap show.

guinevere

Final Flight
The recaps wouldn't bother me so much if they actually showed extra footage, but most of the time they showed maybe 2 minutes of extra footage, and the rest was a rehash.

In Thailand, they did show some extra footage of Ghandia "posing" like a model and Ted pretending to take pictures of her - but they showed the exact same 10 second clip over and over again, to make it look like they did this all the time. That was an all-time recrap low :rolleye:

The recaps did stall the momentum a bit, but it seemed like CBS would usually show it during a time that a lot of viewers would be doing something else - i.e. a holiday or around the basketball championships in the spring. Of course, for people like me who schedule everything around Survivor ;) this is just a waste of time, ha!

guinevere

heyang

Record Breaker
OMG....I couldn't believe what Jon pulled tonight. I could understand going all out for immunity, but it was the reward challenge....and not even as worthwhile as other reunion episodes. In the past Survivors, the winner won a car and got to have a feast with their loved one. This time, they just got time together at camp.

and Sandra - I think what she did to Christa sucked. Also, I don't understand the strategy of the girls. Really doesn't make sense right now.

peachstatesk8er

On the Ice
Jon is disgusting. I cannot even believe he did what he did, and all I can say is karma is a b**ch. He'll get his eventually. I really was hoping Jeff would bust him at the tribal council, but since he didn't, I guess the reunion show will be mighty interesting. ;)

I could never have done what Sandra did to Christa. If I did it, I could never, ever let someone else take the blame for me. :( She's not as high on my list right no because of that.

And what are Christa and Sandra thinking by voting with Jon?? Dingdongs!!

mike79

On the Ice
heyang said:
OMG....I couldn't believe what Jon pulled tonight. I could understand going all out for immunity, but it was the reward challenge....and not even as worthwhile as other reunion episodes. In the past Survivors, the winner won a car and got to have a feast with their loved one. This time, they just got time together at camp.

and Sandra - I think what she did to Christa sucked. Also, I don't understand the strategy of the girls. Really doesn't make sense right now.

Although what Jon said was horrible, it was a brilliant strategic move. This way he gets people feeling sorry for him so they won't vote him out.

I think Sandra may be a smarter player than even Rupert. She is letting everyone take the blame for things she does. No matter what the case is, Survivor is about winning for yourself, not for other people, so Sandra owes Christa nothing.

Voting Tijuana off was a great strategic move. There was no way that the Sandra and Christa could have taken over the tribe tonight because they would still have to beat the twosome of T and Darrah. By separating T&D they are forcing Darrah to come to their group because the other alliance will obviously see that Darrah voted against Burton.

That leaves Sandra, Christa, and Darrah together, with Burton, Jon, and Lil as another alliance. Darrah will probably go to Lil and tell her about Burton taking Jon to the F2, getting Lil to form an all female alliance. Even if that doesn't happen, it's still 3 on 3, with Burton or Lil losing a tiebreak because of having more previous votes against than anyone else.

Skate Sandee

On the Ice
Even if that doesn't happen, it's still 3 on 3, with Burton or Lil losing a tiebreak because of having more previous votes against than anyone else.>>

Actually, we don't know for sure that's how they'd break a tie. In the past, they didn't count previous votes against them. I don't remember all the different seasons, but I do remember a tie being broken by a contest between the two tribe member, and whoever answered the most questions correctly stayed. And I also remember some lame tie-breaker involving rocks or something.

It was smart of Christa and Darrah to break up T and Darrah. It puts them in a good position to gather Darrah to their side. But I worry that they lost their opportunity to get rid of Burton.

As for Jon, he had no way of knowing that when families members came that it would be for a reward challenge or the immunity challenge. Ultimately I don't think he'll have gained much from it UNLESS he continues to play the Grandma card for sympathy and manages to make it further in the game than he would have without playing that card. I can't wait to see if the lie carries all the way through to the end. It'll make the live finale show very interesting!

I have to admit I LOVED it when Burton got the immunity snatched away from him!

I think the ladies made a horrible mistake in not getting rid of Burton when they had the chance. He may win all of the remaining imunity challenges, like Colby did two years ago.

MM

Blade1

On the Ice
Well talk about A SHOCKER !! I can't believe Jon did that. I was just blown away by that. Like someone said, what a waist, it wasn't even a HUGE reward. But still, the fact that he did that was just terrible.

And I think the girls did a really stupid move and decided to side on Jon's side again. What are they thinking? He's just going to back stab them again in the back when they are not looking.

I am wondering if this lie is going to come up during the rest of the game. Personally I hope it does, just to cause more conflict personally , and for those to boot Jon out of there.

This is a theory that I was thinking about the other day. Mind you I doubt this would EVER happen, but its just a thought and I'll share.

IF Jon & Burton are the final two (I'm hoping they won't be personally but IF they were...") and you know its the last night on the Island. Just Jon and Burton. And they get talking about the game, and how far they got etc... and Jon confides in Burton to tell him "you know what I did ... I lied about my grandmother blah blah blah.." Of course if Jon were smart he wouldn't say anything but something tells me he could goof up, and spill the beans. Let it out of the bag by accident. Anyways I could see Burton back stab Jon in the back, and tell the jury what he did just to get votes. Again this is something that just pondered in my head. Again I doubt this would ever ever happen. Just its stuff I think about I guess and would be interesting to watch unfold.

Anyways I'm babbling now ... I'm just peeved that Jon & Burton are still there. They are not my favorties. And yeh, Sandra did the wrong thing and got rid of the fish. So she isn't any better that Jon. Mind you I like Sandra. I like her "witt" and the way she tells it like it is.

mike79

On the Ice
Blade1 said:

I am wondering if this lie is going to come up during the rest of the game. Personally I hope it does, just to cause more conflict personally , and for those to boot Jon out of there.

From what I've read it really has no outcome on the game. This is apparently straight out of Jeff's mouth in several interviews.

Kasha

Spectator
Jon

Can you believe that lying so and so .. Telling everyone his grandmother died. The low down dirty snake.. he is lower then a snakes belly.. I HOPE he gets booted. I hope ,I hope, I hope.
When he goes I will be so happy
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Blade1

On the Ice
mike79 said:
From what I've read it really has no outcome on the game. This is apparently straight out of Jeff's mouth in several interviews.

WOW .... if this lie doesn't impact the game, I can't even imagine what the others think of him now the game is over.

guinevere

Final Flight
I wish that the reunion show were longer than an hour - this one's going to be intense! And with only 44 minutes (taking out the commercials) to find out who wins AND revisit the other Survivors, I'm afraid we won't get the fabulous bloodletting that is surely brewing with the players as the season unfolds!!

Skate Sandee and Mike79 - The Purple Rock o' Death (tm) was used in S4, which ended up evicting Paschal - who wasn't even on the chopping block! I think since then, everyone has avoided forcing a tie at TC, because they don't want to face that -- or whatever worse thing Burnett & co have cooked up!!

guinevere

Blade1

On the Ice
One thing I honestly don't understand is why Jon would even pull something like this. I mean , sure he's definitly not one to trust, but it was a reward challenge, so I don't understand why he would put on this big act, about his grandmother passing away, just so he could spend a night with one of his "guy" friends, who personally to me was a bit too girlish to me.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think the ladies made a horrible mistake in not getting rid of Burton when they had the chance.
My thoughts exactly!!! What is wrong with them??? And Jon's lie.................ugh!!!:mad: :rolleye: :mad:
so I don't understand why he would put on this big act, about his grandmother passing away, just so he could spend a night with one of his "guy" friends, who personally to me was a bit too girlish to me.
Maybe he didn't have a whole lot of people to pick from.:laugh: :laugh:

Dee

Kasha

Spectator
The others,jury

The ones voted off know what a slease he is and when others get voted off can they talk amongst themselves ? What does a runner up get? I want him to get booted off. After what he did, lying about his grandmother death, he deserves nothiing!!