Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Survivor Season 7

Buttle "Catch The Victory" ~ Torino 2006
    I don't understand why Sandra voted for Jon. I know she hates him , but I am sure if she would have voted for one of the others, it would have been a tie. You know Sandra heard alot of Burton's and Jon's conversation, and I don't understand why she didn't tell Rupert everything she heard. Just told him about them getting Lil on their side. I find that odd, now that you really look at the whole picture.

If the girls were SMART, they would kick out Burton next. He's a strong player, and I'm SURE Burton will stab them in the back when he doesn't need the girls around anymore. Burton & Jon want to be the final two, so those girls are just there to help them do their durty work as far as I am concerned.

I am just so bitter still about Rupert gone. I know Ruper is taking part in the All Star Survivor so at least we'll see him again in the game. Just still, I hate Burton & Jon SOOO MUCH!

Also another comment I want to make, about CBS showing that STUPID snake eating the lizzard or what ever it was. I HATE snakes, and to me that was just really gross. Glad I was watching my tape, and fast fwd. threw that.

Custom Title
    I don't understand why Sandra voted for Jon. >>

There's only one reason I can think of. She was dead certain the alliance would hold and that there were more than enough votes for Darrah. We didn't see much of it, but the sense that I got was that everyone was doing a good job, including Darrah herself, in saying their "goodbyes" to her before tribal council. And despite the whispering between Jon and Burton that Sandra overheard, it was all about Lil. Sandra didn't really hear anything about Ti and Darrah. I think Sandra and Co were absolutely sure that Jon and Burton's scheming was for AFTER the rest of Drake was out of the way. So her voting for Jon was a F-you to him to let him know how little she thought of him - IMHO. She was completely shocked about Rupert's demise, so I really believe she thought it was going to be a landslide against Darrah and she was having some fun at Jon's expense.

There is some buzz that possibly - possibly - Sandra is playing them all: that she & Jon are in it together, that they fight on purpose, that she deliberately has been throwing challenges and hit Rupert's color on purpose, and wrote down Jon not Rupert as a way to say, see, I didn't vote out Ru, and thus secure his and Christa's votes at the end.

I think this is going out on a big ol' limb - like when people thought Jan from S5 was playing at being a loon and was going to suddenly become this mastermind in the final 3. I hoped it would happen, but unfortunately, Jan was just that big of a space cadet. Have to say though - THAT would be a lie worthy of the phrase "brutal and brilliant"!!!

guinevere

Custom Title
    Originally posted by guinevere
    There is some buzz that possibly - possibly - Sandra is playing them all: that she & Jon are in it together, that they fight on purpose, that she deliberately has been throwing challenges and hit Rupert's color on purpose, and wrote down Jon not Rupert as a way to say, see, I didn't vote out Ru, and thus secure his and Christa's votes at the end.

guinevere
    I've heard this rumour too and I think it would be hilarious if it were true.

I know that Jon is a real pain but everyone must admit, the guy is entertaining, plus he really knows how to play the game. It wouldn't bother me in the least if he won. Anything is better than Burton, Lil, or Darrah.

Custom Title

Jon

I hated Jon, too, till this last episode. I know it may sound gross to you, but I kinda find him sexy and cute. If I were there with all of them, I would find him the most fun to hang out with. Sorry.

Skating Freak Barbie
    First time I'm posting on this thread this season, wow, what's wrong with me?? (Dreaming of drooling over Ethan in the All Star Survivor, probably! )

My mom and I are survivor buddies, watching it either together or by phone...and she is SOOOOOOO p.o-ed that Rupert is gone! I'm upset about it too, because he truly was the most deserving of it....but it was not at all unexpected, because he was such a threat. I would love for there to be an all-female alliance in the background, that we don't know about, so that both Burton and Jon would be gone next! That could explain the "big lie", since Lil has made her promises of alliance to Burton?

I actually found Jon almost human on tonight's episode....someone slap ME!

Sandra is entirely too cool!! I felt so bad for her, putting Rupert out of the game, you know it was totally by accident. I would LOVE for her to win, or Christa (Amazon woman!)

At least Ti seems to have a conscience, saying "we're only alive because of Rupert"...of course, that didn't go to Tribal Council with her, but I understand her and Darrah voting him off out of self=preservation.

Ya know, at first when the "Outcasts" came back in the game, I thought it was a GREAT twist. But now, supposing Lil or Burton wins this thing? How fair is it that they got TWO chances to compete in this thing, and everyone who has been voted out since doesn't? Osten (not that the wussy jackass would WANT to come back, since rain and pelicans are still around), Sean, Andrew, Ryan, Rupert, and all else voted out after that occurence, they don't get the second chance. I'm just wondering, if Lil or Burton wins this, if there will be any legal challenges over it? (With as litigious a society we are).

I really hope that Christa and Sandra DO thrash the camp next week, saying "We are the two remaining ones who MADE this camp, so the h*ll with you all!" (Come on, like we can count Johnny Fairplay as contributing to the camp?)

Here's rooting for Christa, Sandra, and even Ti....of course, with my luck, that will mean Darrah or Jon will win! LOL

Kasey

In love with the axel!
    I've been away from a computer since Thursday afternoon (aaargh!!!) so couldn't comment until now.....

I'm bummed that Rupert is gone too, although I'm not shocked.

I haven't liked Jon from the start, but if the final two are Jon and Burton, or Jon and Lil, I'd vote for Jon in a heartbeat. At least he is what he seems to be. Plus, he wouldn't be one of the Outcasts with their second chance.

A friend of mine looked at the online contract that each contestant signs when submitting and entry. The contract includes a clause which says that the person must comply with any and all changes in game play. So, none of the Surivivors will be able to sue because they were denied the 2nd chance that the Outkasts received. I've heard that the contract is very strict regarding confidentiality and guest appearances (all have to be approved by CBS and the producers of the show for a year.)

Don't forget....Survivor is being broadcast on Wednesday this week due to Thanksgiving. BTW, I'd much rather watch Survivor than a college football game or re-run.

The ads for tonights show promise "the biggest betrayal in the history of survivor!" To me, that can only mean Lil turning against Burton. My prediction: the ladies get it together and gang up on the guys.

Mathman

I hope so!!!!

Can't wait for tonight - I'm so glad they seem to have jettisoned the worthless "recrap" episode they usually do about this time.

guinevere

Custom Title
    Originally posted by guinevere
    I hope so!!!!

Can't wait for tonight - I'm so glad they seem to have jettisoned the worthless "recrap" episode they usually do about this time.

guinevere
    Jeff Probst talked about that in a radio interview I heard. You can blame CBS for the lame-[color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color] re-cap shows. Jeff pointed out that because each week has a tribe member voted off, the number of episodes was pretty much set in stone. But for some stupid reason, CBS would insist on an extra episode. It drove him and Burnet crazy because it always caused the show to stall in momentum. This year they got around that problem by having the extra Outcast tribal council which took the place of the recap show.

The recaps wouldn't bother me so much if they actually showed extra footage, but most of the time they showed maybe 2 minutes of extra footage, and the rest was a rehash.

In Thailand, they did show some extra footage of Ghandia "posing" like a model and Ted pretending to take pictures of her - but they showed the exact same 10 second clip over and over again, to make it look like they did this all the time. That was an all-time recrap low

The recaps did stall the momentum a bit, but it seemed like CBS would usually show it during a time that a lot of viewers would be doing something else - i.e. a holiday or around the basketball championships in the spring. Of course, for people like me who schedule everything around Survivor this is just a waste of time, ha!

guinevere

OMG....I couldn't believe what Jon pulled tonight. I could understand going all out for immunity, but it was the reward challenge....and not even as worthwhile as other reunion episodes. In the past Survivors, the winner won a car and got to have a feast with their loved one. This time, they just got time together at camp.

and Sandra - I think what she did to Christa sucked. Also, I don't understand the strategy of the girls. Really doesn't make sense right now.

Custom Title
    Jon is disgusting. I cannot even believe he did what he did, and all I can say is karma is a b**ch. He'll get his eventually. I really was hoping Jeff would bust him at the tribal council, but since he didn't, I guess the reunion show will be mighty interesting.

I could never have done what Sandra did to Christa. If I did it, I could never, ever let someone else take the blame for me. :( She's not as high on my list right no because of that.

And what are Christa and Sandra thinking by voting with Jon?? Dingdongs!!

Custom Title
    Originally posted by heyang
    OMG....I couldn't believe what Jon pulled tonight. I could understand going all out for immunity, but it was the reward challenge....and not even as worthwhile as other reunion episodes. In the past Survivors, the winner won a car and got to have a feast with their loved one. This time, they just got time together at camp.

and Sandra - I think what she did to Christa sucked. Also, I don't understand the strategy of the girls. Really doesn't make sense right now.
    Although what Jon said was horrible, it was a brilliant strategic move. This way he gets people feeling sorry for him so they won't vote him out.

I think Sandra may be a smarter player than even Rupert. She is letting everyone take the blame for things she does. No matter what the case is, Survivor is about winning for yourself, not for other people, so Sandra owes Christa nothing.

Voting Tijuana off was a great strategic move. There was no way that the Sandra and Christa could have taken over the tribe tonight because they would still have to beat the twosome of T and Darrah. By separating T&D they are forcing Darrah to come to their group because the other alliance will obviously see that Darrah voted against Burton.

That leaves Sandra, Christa, and Darrah together, with Burton, Jon, and Lil as another alliance. Darrah will probably go to Lil and tell her about Burton taking Jon to the F2, getting Lil to form an all female alliance. Even if that doesn't happen, it's still 3 on 3, with Burton or Lil losing a tiebreak because of having more previous votes against than anyone else.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast