Survivor Season 7 | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Survivor Season 7

heyang

Record Breaker
Actually, the jury does not know what's going on back at camp Balboa. They can only judge on their personal experience and the responses at tribal council. The jury will not know that Jon lied about his grandmother when they vote.

All of the contestants will find out what happens as the show airs.

As for choosing a loved one, there are 2 criteria to consider as a player. The obvious is picking someone you will really want to see after so many days. The 2nd consideration is strategic - you want someone who will be willing to do anything for you and who also is smart and gutsy and strong to help win the challenge.

In Survivor 5, family members had to eat various gross things. Brian's wife couldn't even try to pick up the boiled spider.

Given the strategic considerations, I would be surprised if anyone picked a frail grandparent to be their chosen loved one.

I wonder if any of the remaining Survivors or jury members picked up on the fact that Jeff made no comment at all about Grandma's passing. That would seem really callous and I seriously doubt that the producers would not contact a player if a close family member died. Even our soldiers get emergency leave when a family member at home passes. If Jon's grandmother had really died, the producers would probably have given him the choice of continuing or playing in the next Survivor.

guinevere

Final Flight
Tonya from Survivor Thailand's father died while she was out there - she did not find out until she was kicked off. Or possibly, he died after she was kicked off and she was not able to go home, I can't remember, but basically, the game interfered with her ability to respond as she would have normally.

But I can't believe that no one questioned Jon's statement that his grandmother was his first choice to be his visitor. Unless his grandmother is Rudy Boesch (from S1, heh), I find it highly unlikely that she would travel that far, especially with the possibility of having to eat something revolting, or having to stay in the camp with all the Survivors. It seems like he could have said his mother was supposed to come see him, and that she couldn't come because she was making funeral arrangements or something - whatever, no one even questioned it, which I find incredulous.

Actually, I'm fascinated by who Survivors choose to come visit them. Women ALWAYS have their husband or boyfriend (oops - ALMOST always. Jan actually had her son come), but quite a few guys have had their moms, or a sibling, or even a friend. I think that the choice of visitor can be very strategic. For some players, seeing their mate can reinvigorate them - but I think that a lot of them get incredibly emotional about it. If I were on the game, I would not have a family member come. I would want to maintain focus, and would rather have a friend show up. I would also choose someone that I think would have a chance at doing something physical or eating something gross.

guinevere

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone think the women will band together tonight and get rid of one of the guys? ..................and will it be Burton? I have a scared feeling that Jon is going to win the million!!

Dee

mike79

On the Ice
Darrah can win as many challenges as she wants. She's still a useless player IMO.

Although it was easy to guess that Christa was going last night, I still would have liked to see her go further. Too bad that the alliance that Sandra and her wanted to form with the other two ladies fell through.

Lil is perhaps the worst player I've ever seen, if you discount Mama Kim from Survivor Africa. Can she make any decision by herself. She was actually impressed that Jon knew what Bruschetta is. If that's all it takes to impress her no wonder she's such a pushover.

My guess is that Burton will go next week, followed by Jon, then Sandra, with a final 2 of Darrah and Lil. It seems Burton has stretched his alliance with Jon a little far and it will come back to haunt him, making Burton the first player to ever be booted from Survivor twice.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What is wrong with the women? They need to band together. They've lost out on two tribal councils now. I am kind of hoping Sandra will be in the finals. If Lil wins, I don't know what I will do.

Has anyone noticed Rupert and his glare??

Dee

mike79

On the Ice
Dee4707 said:
Has anyone noticed Rupert and his glare??

Dee

It wouldn't be surprising if he goes crazy at final TC like Sue Hawk did in season 1. If Sandra doesn't make it to the finals I could see her going off too.

heyang

Record Breaker
Well - Lil thinks she has an alliance with Burton and Jon and is sticking with it. Darrah probably voted with the men because Sandra and Christa obviously voted for T the previous week - she had no reason to trust them

I hated the previews for next week where Jon or Burton (can't remember which guy) talks about picking the women off and how they can't play intelligently. While this appears true, there's certainly been enough backstabbing to make any alliance suspect.

I still don't get why Jon is still around. I loved when Sandra said that he's like a 'girl' when refering to the challenges. I understand the strategy of keeping him around in the hopes that the irritation factor of Jon will deflect votes from the jury to the other remaining survivor, but it's certainly not a sure thing since he's definitely outwitted many of the contestants. I just can't get behind him because I don't like him as a person based upon what we're shown.

Kasey

Medalist
Personally, I LOVE the 'glare de Rupe'! :) I was looking forward to seeing it ever since they voted him off....

It would appear that Jon is milking the crap outta the 'dead gramma' routine. Lying sack of ****!!! I don't think a more revolting contestant has ever been on the show!

(Still looking forward to watching Ethan Zohn grow facial hair again in the All-Star game!)

UGH, who else has the sinking feeling that an "Outcast" may make the final two??

Kasey

Suzy

On the Ice
I think it's so funny when he (Jon) told one of the women, "I swear on my grandma's grave!" Hello? There is no grandma's grave! She's at home watching Jerry Springer! I wish she could hear me shouting that out inmy mind.

I thought was a riot how wussy Burton is coming off. When Jon and the others went off for their reward, Burton was like, "Oh dear, what should I do now? Jon hasn't told me what to do or say or think yet."

MM

Blade1

On the Ice
Alrighty well Thurs. Survivor is on then Sunday is the FINALE, can you believe it? This season just flew by.

Alrighty so this weeks episode, the women have the power in a sense. In hoping that either one of the gals win the imunity challenge, they then HAVE the power to boot one of those guys off. I mean the votes are all in their favour in that case. 4 against the 2 guys. I'd get rid of Burton by a long shot. Now that would only happen, if the women were smart enough to do so, and one of the girls won the imunity challenge.

Lil is so stupid in thinking Burton is going to bring her to the final two. What the hell is Lil thinking? Geesh sometimes I wish she should get the boot ya know.

I do hope the women get together and take out one of the guys I really really really really do!!

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Blade, so are you saying that this Thursday they will vote one off and then the following Sunday12/20, they will start the program with 4 people?

Doesn't time fly when you're having fun. I have really enjoyed this thread with all your opinions and keeping us updated.

Dee

snobol

Spectator
The 2 hours finale is on this Sunday, Dec 14 followed by the Live Reunion show. It would be interesting to see what shape Rupert is in this coming Sunday. The filming for All Star Survivor should be wrapped up by then.

heyang

Record Breaker
There are currently 5 Survivors - Lil, Darrah Sandra, Burton and Jon. On Thursday, this will go down to 4. On the 2 hour Finale, someone will be voted off during the 1st hour - leaving 3. Then, there is usually some somewhat lame intraspection,and then there is the last immunity challenge to the final 2. The votes are cast and Jeff leaves the island. This usually leads into the reunion show where the actual winner is announced.

Wow - it really did go fast.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Survivor Show Went By Fast!!!

Heyang & Snobol, thanks for the information.

Dee

serenity

On the Ice
I get so mad a the women when they don't vote off those men.
I missed the show where Jon and a friend lie about grandma being dead. I hate Jon even more if that is possible. Hopefully the jury will get to see the past shows before voting and Rupert will not let John win if he is the final 2. Go Rupert once again.

MOONPIE48

Rinkside
Jon and his not dead granny

I just want to see the faces of the rest of the survivors when they find out about the stinky, lowdown trick he played. The rest of the tribe had to manage without shelter that night and i can't imagine it was easy. I hope he is told what a skunk he is (not that i have anything against skunks!)
peace
moonpie

heyang

Record Breaker
Again...the jury won't know about Jon's lie when they cast their votes. The show was taped several months ago and the contestants see the show at the same time we do. I'm sure it will be a topic of discussion during the reunion show which is Live.

Blade1

On the Ice
That's right, Suvivor will be over as of Sunday night. I am really hoping that Burton nor Jon win this years Survivor. I just can't stand either one of them at all. I don't care if people gab about how "they played the game" yadi yadi yada. I'd like to see Sandra win it by far.

January the "All Star Survivor" starts. That should be a good one to watch as well.