Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Survivor Season 7

Custom Title
    Even if that doesn't happen, it's still 3 on 3, with Burton or Lil losing a tiebreak because of having more previous votes against than anyone else.>>

Actually, we don't know for sure that's how they'd break a tie. In the past, they didn't count previous votes against them. I don't remember all the different seasons, but I do remember a tie being broken by a contest between the two tribe member, and whoever answered the most questions correctly stayed. And I also remember some lame tie-breaker involving rocks or something.

It was smart of Christa and Darrah to break up T and Darrah. It puts them in a good position to gather Darrah to their side. But I worry that they lost their opportunity to get rid of Burton.

As for Jon, he had no way of knowing that when families members came that it would be for a reward challenge or the immunity challenge. Ultimately I don't think he'll have gained much from it UNLESS he continues to play the Grandma card for sympathy and manages to make it further in the game than he would have without playing that card. I can't wait to see if the lie carries all the way through to the end. It'll make the live finale show very interesting!

I have to admit I LOVED it when Burton got the immunity snatched away from him!

I think the ladies made a horrible mistake in not getting rid of Burton when they had the chance. He may win all of the remaining imunity challenges, like Colby did two years ago.

MM

Buttle "Catch The Victory" ~ Torino 2006
    Well talk about A SHOCKER !! I can't believe Jon did that. I was just blown away by that. Like someone said, what a waist, it wasn't even a HUGE reward. But still, the fact that he did that was just terrible.

And I think the girls did a really stupid move and decided to side on Jon's side again. What are they thinking? He's just going to back stab them again in the back when they are not looking.

I am wondering if this lie is going to come up during the rest of the game. Personally I hope it does, just to cause more conflict personally , and for those to boot Jon out of there.

This is a theory that I was thinking about the other day. Mind you I doubt this would EVER happen, but its just a thought and I'll share.

IF Jon & Burton are the final two (I'm hoping they won't be personally but IF they were...") and you know its the last night on the Island. Just Jon and Burton. And they get talking about the game, and how far they got etc... and Jon confides in Burton to tell him "you know what I did ... I lied about my grandmother blah blah blah.." Of course if Jon were smart he wouldn't say anything but something tells me he could goof up, and spill the beans. Let it out of the bag by accident. Anyways I could see Burton back stab Jon in the back, and tell the jury what he did just to get votes. Again this is something that just pondered in my head. Again I doubt this would ever ever happen. Just its stuff I think about I guess and would be interesting to watch unfold.

Anyways I'm babbling now ... I'm just peeved that Jon & Burton are still there. They are not my favorties. And yeh, Sandra did the wrong thing and got rid of the fish. So she isn't any better that Jon. Mind you I like Sandra. I like her "witt" and the way she tells it like it is.

Custom Title
    Originally posted by Blade1

I am wondering if this lie is going to come up during the rest of the game. Personally I hope it does, just to cause more conflict personally , and for those to boot Jon out of there.

From what I've read it really has no outcome on the game. This is apparently straight out of Jeff's mouth in several interviews.

Rinkside

Thumbs down Jon

Can you believe that lying so and so .. Telling everyone his grandmother died. The low down dirty snake.. he is lower then a snakes belly.. I HOPE he gets booted. I hope ,I hope, I hope.
    When he goes I will be so happy

Originally posted by mike79
    From what I've read it really has no outcome on the game. This is apparently straight out of Jeff's mouth in several interviews.
    WOW .... if this lie doesn't impact the game, I can't even imagine what the others think of him now the game is over.

I wish that the reunion show were longer than an hour - this one's going to be intense! And with only 44 minutes (taking out the commercials) to find out who wins AND revisit the other Survivors, I'm afraid we won't get the fabulous bloodletting that is surely brewing with the players as the season unfolds!!

Skate Sandee and Mike79 - The Purple Rock o' Death (tm) was used in S4, which ended up evicting Paschal - who wasn't even on the chopping block! I think since then, everyone has avoided forcing a tie at TC, because they don't want to face that -- or whatever worse thing Burnett & co have cooked up!!

guinevere

One thing I honestly don't understand is why Jon would even pull something like this. I mean , sure he's definitly not one to trust, but it was a reward challenge, so I don't understand why he would put on this big act, about his grandmother passing away, just so he could spend a night with one of his "guy" friends, who personally to me was a bit too girlish to me.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    I think the ladies made a horrible mistake in not getting rid of Burton when they had the chance.
    My thoughts exactly!!! What is wrong with them??? And Jon's lie.................ugh!!!
    so I don't understand why he would put on this big act, about his grandmother passing away, just so he could spend a night with one of his "guy" friends, who personally to me was a bit too girlish to me.
    Maybe he didn't have a whole lot of people to pick from.

Dee

Rinkside

Question The others,jury

The ones voted off know what a slease he is and when others get voted off can they talk amongst themselves ? What does a runner up get? I want him to get booted off. After what he did, lying about his grandmother death, he deserves nothiing!!

The runner up gets $100,000

guinevere

Actually, the jury does not know what's going on back at camp Balboa. They can only judge on their personal experience and the responses at tribal council. The jury will not know that Jon lied about his grandmother when they vote.

All of the contestants will find out what happens as the show airs.

As for choosing a loved one, there are 2 criteria to consider as a player. The obvious is picking someone you will really want to see after so many days. The 2nd consideration is strategic - you want someone who will be willing to do anything for you and who also is smart and gutsy and strong to help win the challenge.

In Survivor 5, family members had to eat various gross things. Brian's wife couldn't even try to pick up the boiled spider.

Given the strategic considerations, I would be surprised if anyone picked a frail grandparent to be their chosen loved one.

I wonder if any of the remaining Survivors or jury members picked up on the fact that Jeff made no comment at all about Grandma's passing. That would seem really callous and I seriously doubt that the producers would not contact a player if a close family member died. Even our soldiers get emergency leave when a family member at home passes. If Jon's grandmother had really died, the producers would probably have given him the choice of continuing or playing in the next Survivor.

Tonya from Survivor Thailand's father died while she was out there - she did not find out until she was kicked off. Or possibly, he died after she was kicked off and she was not able to go home, I can't remember, but basically, the game interfered with her ability to respond as she would have normally.

But I can't believe that no one questioned Jon's statement that his grandmother was his first choice to be his visitor. Unless his grandmother is Rudy Boesch (from S1, heh), I find it highly unlikely that she would travel that far, especially with the possibility of having to eat something revolting, or having to stay in the camp with all the Survivors. It seems like he could have said his mother was supposed to come see him, and that she couldn't come because she was making funeral arrangements or something - whatever, no one even questioned it, which I find incredulous.

Actually, I'm fascinated by who Survivors choose to come visit them. Women ALWAYS have their husband or boyfriend (oops - ALMOST always. Jan actually had her son come), but quite a few guys have had their moms, or a sibling, or even a friend. I think that the choice of visitor can be very strategic. For some players, seeing their mate can reinvigorate them - but I think that a lot of them get incredibly emotional about it. If I were on the game, I would not have a family member come. I would want to maintain focus, and would rather have a friend show up. I would also choose someone that I think would have a chance at doing something physical or eating something gross.

guinevere

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Does anyone think the women will band together tonight and get rid of one of the guys? ..................and will it be Burton? I have a scared feeling that Jon is going to win the million!!

Dee

Custom Title
    Darrah can win as many challenges as she wants. She's still a useless player IMO.

Although it was easy to guess that Christa was going last night, I still would have liked to see her go further. Too bad that the alliance that Sandra and her wanted to form with the other two ladies fell through.

Lil is perhaps the worst player I've ever seen, if you discount Mama Kim from Survivor Africa. Can she make any decision by herself. She was actually impressed that Jon knew what Bruschetta is. If that's all it takes to impress her no wonder she's such a pushover.

My guess is that Burton will go next week, followed by Jon, then Sandra, with a final 2 of Darrah and Lil. It seems Burton has stretched his alliance with Jon a little far and it will come back to haunt him, making Burton the first player to ever be booted from Survivor twice.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast