GPF on TV | Golden Skate

GPF on TV

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Eurosport apparently is barely showing anything :scowl:. I couldn't see figure skating on their Friday schedule at all, even though they have lots of non-live slots that day, and there's very little on Saturday (most of it not live, so it'll likely get pre-empted). They do appear to be showing two hours of something on Thursday - I'm guessing it would be from the JGPF - and the gala or tape-delayed content on Sunday.

Does anyone know about other broadcasts? My cable company does carry all sorts of international stations so this would be very helpful...

Medusa

Record Breaker
Eurosport apparently is barely showing anything :scowl:. I couldn't see figure skating on their Friday schedule at all, even though they have lots of non-live slots that day, and there's very little on Saturday (most of it not live, so it'll likely get pre-empted). They do appear to be showing two hours of something on Thursday - I'm guessing it would be from the JGPF - and the gala or tape-delayed content on Sunday.

Does anyone know about other broadcasts? My cable company does carry all sorts of international stations so this would be very helpful...

I might end up subscribing to that Russian feed.

But we should keep our eyes open, those Koreans were very inventive last year with free live-streaming - also from the GPF even when it wasn't in Korea - maybe they repeat the favour this year.

cocovica

On the Ice
for those, who don't have eurosport..like me:biggrin:...

there is a possibility to watch GPF trough the internet...for free:love:

CCTV5 trough TVU player...(or Tv Ants)

December 12
15:30 - 17:00

December 13
14:00 - 15:00

all times are in Paris/Berlin time... so check the schedule for your times:thumbsup:http://pages.tvunetworks.com/tvguide/tvGuide.do?lang=en&date=20081212&channelid=10007&tzoffset=1

and then...italian TV Rai Sport pui will show their tree hours coverage of it :rock:

December 16

14:45 - 18:00 (Italian time)

live stream: http://www.coolstreaming.us/forum/live-now/152801-raisport-piu-live-streaming.html

cocovica

On the Ice
But we should keep our eyes open, those Koreans were very inventive last year with free live-streaming - also from the GPF even when it wasn't in Korea - maybe they repeat the favour this year.

And where did they show it last year?;)

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Some updates about Eurosport's schedule:

Thursday is not GPF coverage, but some kind of exhibition, I think from Germany (Medusa - any ideas what that might be?)

Saturday morning (8:30 GMT) is the free dance. I'd rather see the men live, but dance is my second choice this season so at least there's that.

Saturday's taped coverage remains a mystery.

Thanks for the links and ideas, I'll keep my eyes open. My internet connection at home is not great, so I'm probably not going to watch too much. Hopefully there will be videos somewhere on the internet. :cool:

**Carol**

Rinkside
for those, who don't have eurosport..like me:biggrin:...

there is a possibility to watch GPF trough the internet...for free:love:

CCTV5 trough TVU player...(or Tv Ants)

December 12
15:30 - 17:00

December 13
14:00 - 15:00

all times are in Paris/Berlin time... so check the schedule for your times:thumbsup:http://pages.tvunetworks.com/tvguide/tvGuide.do?lang=en&date=20081212&channelid=10007&tzoffset=1

and then...italian TV Rai Sport pui will show their tree hours coverage of it :rock:

December 16

14:45 - 18:00 (Italian time)

live stream: http://www.coolstreaming.us/forum/live-now/152801-raisport-piu-live-streaming.html

:love::love: Thanks for this information Cocovica, TVU works really well in my problematic PC hehe

visaliakid

Final Flight
Country
United-States
IceNetwork coverage on the web...

The Senior Grand Prix Final will be shown live with archived video same day of events.

Senior Grand Prix Final

Friday, Dec. 12 (All times EST)

4:00 a.m. - Senior Ice Dance - OD
5:10 a.m. - Senior Men's Short Program
6:15 a.m. - Senior Ladies Short Program
7:20 a.m. - Senior Pairs Short Program

Saturday, Dec. 13

3:30 a.m. - Senior Ice Dance - Free Dance
4:50 a.m. - Senior Men's Free Skate
6:05 a.m. - Senior Ladies Free Skate
7:20 a.m. - Senior Pairs Free Skate

Medusa

Record Breaker
I payed for the Russian feed now. Currently watching NBA - should be good for my Russian skills too, though until now I don't understand more then "very" "good" "please" "work" "strong"... Now I need to find out if they plan to broadcast the JGPF.

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Where do they say that? And when do they broadcast it?
NTV+ announcer Soloviev says so on his blog:
http://forum.solovieff.ru/viewtopic.php?t=257&start=180
It's not in the TV listings yet.

NB: I feel somewhat reluctant about helping webTV to support their customers. I'm not a client, they don't pay me, I'm not working for them. Yet, thanks to me, they have a large client base (international figure skating fans).

Medusa

Record Breaker
NTV+ announcer Soloviev says so on his blog:
http://forum.solovieff.ru/viewtopic.php?t=257&start=180
It's not in the TV listings yet.

NB: I feel somewhat reluctant about helping webTV to support their customers. I'm not a client, they don't pay me, I'm not working for them. Yet, thanks to me, they have a large client base (international figure skating fans).
Well, I thank you very much, though I won't pay you either. Except of course for a nice thankful smilie :clap:

And I guess they earn a lot because Icenetwork doesn't allow us lower humans (read: non-Americans) to use their service. And yes, I know that I can't watch Icenetwork because they just own the rights in the US - and not because they tried to spite every lower-human figure skating fan. Me is still miffed :eek:hwell:

I just hope they update their program soon, I need to plan my thursday... I would love to cheer for Amodio live.

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Well, I thank you very much, though I won't pay you either.
Never expected you to :eek: :p

But if they don't show JGPF, don't blame me!

And I guess they earn a lot because Icenetwork doesn't allow us lower humans (read: non-Americans) to use their service.
I bet IN secretly hates webtv, or at least I like to think they do.

I just hope they update their program soon, I need to plan my thursday... I would love to cheer for Amodio live.

Still not sure about my plans for tomorrow, but if I know something I'll PM you. Unless some good Samaritan posts it here or on that other board.

Trewyn

Medalist

cocovica

On the Ice
If this is true it would be absolutely amazing!!!!

korean TV SBS is going to covering all the JGP and GP!! and SBS is possible to watch live online for free!

there is tv schedule of SBS: http://gomdori.info/1065

here is the link for online stream: mms://211.220.195.199/tvlive

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: