Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: More cuteness from the SW Pacific Region

Custom Title

More cuteness from the SW Pacific Region

Many thanks to those who introduced the lovely Caroline Zhao Zhang (http://swpskating.com/zhaozhang.html) but let's not forget the other half. Isn't he cute too?

http://swpskating.com/rickydornbush.html

http://store3.yimg.com/I/prodigion_1752_1541661

R-I-I-C-K-E-E-E-E!!!

MM

Custom Title
    She is so cute!

Loved this picture
    http://store3.yimg.com/I/prodigion_1758_118424419

Anyways good luck to her and Ricky and everyone else

TriGirl Rinkside
    They are both adorable! Looks like they've both got some character too. Thanks for posting the links.

I went and saw Ricky practice yesterday. He was working on a triple loop for Regionals. He's looking pretty good!
    GO RICKY!

Dave, how old is Ricky? What level is he at?

Lulu, check out those edges in the picture you posted!

Mathman

Custom Title
    Originally posted by lulu
    She is so cute!

Loved this picture
    http://store3.yimg.com/I/prodigion_1758_118424419

Anyways good luck to her and Ricky and everyone else
    She needs to work on pushing her hips forward so she doesn't break at the waist in the spread eagle.

Sorry, but the boy is ugly, not cute. He looks like Howdy Doody.

Custom Title
    Originally posted by peachstatesk8er
    She needs to work on pushing her hips forward so she doesn't break at the waist in the spread eagle.
    Yes, I agree. She has good edge on that though. I guess in that edge position, she needs more speed to push her hips forward, since when she push her hips forward her full body will be in a much lean postion to the center, thus bigger center forces applied to her body she need more speed to balance out.

Look at Kirk's spread eagle has the same problem but not as obviously as this one. I would guess Kirk has more speed.

Look at Sasha's spread eagle is the opposite. Her blads is not as lean towards the center as it should be, but her hips fully pushed forward and her upbody has a nice bended backwards postion to provide the center force.

Peachstatesk8er, I know you are just fooling around, making a "counter-cute" post. But still, you can't tell skaters that they are ugly on this board, especially children.

Mathman
    Last edited by Mathman; 09-20-2003 at 03:30 PM.

Great pics of both. If flexibility is a necessity, zhao zhang will have many hi scores for that.

Ricky looks like he's ready to skate to the Music Man.

I'll check em out in juniors and expect more in seniors.

Joe

I love Ricky's bow tie!

MM

Custom Title

Awww...

Awww! They are both so adorable!

Custom Title
    Originally posted by mzheng
    Yes, I agree. She has good edge on that though. I guess in that edge position, she needs more speed to push her hips forward, since when she push her hips forward her full body will be in a much lean postion to the center, thus bigger center forces applied to her body she need more speed to balance out.

Look at Kirk's spread eagle has the same problem but not as obviously as this one. I would guess Kirk has more speed.

Look at Sasha's spread eagle is the opposite. Her blads is not as lean towards the center as it should be, but her hips fully pushed forward and her upbody has a nice bended backwards postion to provide the center force.
    It's entirely possible to have a good edge and have proper position as well with good speed. Just ask Boitano or Wylie.

Mathman, I was totally serious, but thanks for the info. I should have just said he looks like Howdy Doody and left it at that. It it a bash if it's true? LOL

Yes, it is a bash, and a particularly cruel one, to tell a child that he or she is ugly, even if you think it's true. It is a bash to tell a little boy that he looks like Howdy Doody. Just because you are on the Internet doesn't mean you can throw away common courtesy.

About Caroline Zhao Zhang's speed, edges, etc., remember she is an Intermediate. There is plenty of time for her to develop her skills before she is judged by Junior or Senior standards.

Mathman

Tripping on the Podium
    Well, Mathman, if you want to be politically correct regarding postings, that is your free speech right (as is that of the poster you are condemning).

What I found most objectionable about the pictures posted of the skater's performance (as opposed to the skater himself) was:

1. The lack of subtlety in the performance (aka "mugging"). Is this child channeling Christopher Bowman/Ryan Bradley "it's so gay"?

2. The costume scheme (red, white and blue with stars)? Haven't you seen ANY production of the stage show "Gypsy" where this is not parodied? In the 1920's, ridiculously "patriotic" numbers were put into routines/shows to obtain audience applause. Despite the efforts of Karl Rove, Dick Cheney, John Ashcroft and the "Shrub" himself, aren't you able to identify such an attempt to milk an audience result, even today?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast