Wish I Could Move | Golden Skate

Wish I Could Move

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
My noisy neighbours are continuing to make my life miserable again. They woke me up at 4:00 am the other day! I left a note on their door "thanking" them and letting them know, I was not a "happy camper."

I know one has to tolerate some level of noise in an apt., but at times this gets out of hand. They seem to be partying all the time.

It makes me nervous and on edge. I am so focused now on their comings and goings. I can't even relax in my own place. It's awful.

My mom is going to check on a place for me in her building. She lives around the corner from me. Her building is nicer and the apts are a tad bigger. My rent is going up here anyway, so I might as well have something better.

Makes me feel better just talking to my GS pals.

Last edited:

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I keep having people tell me I should consider an apartment or condo when I move. That is only one of the reasons I would rather have my own place. If you lived near me, I have room.
At least it is quiet here, well, except for my tv :laugh:
Sure hope you find something better soon.

mmandel

On the Ice
If I could move...it would be to San Diego. It's a very pretty area with great scenic surroundings. I saw San Diego last year and just fell in love.

Lad,
In my early 20s I lived in a beautiful apartment in an old house. I loved the light, the view, the back porch, location, everything. How did I luck into this place? thought I. Then after one night I realized how"lucky" I was. The house had such open heating vents I could hear the guy in the bedroom below me snoring. And the parties! I went nuts. Plus this was when I was touring a lot so home needed to be a real sancuary--or at least provide peace and quiet. I was out of there in nine months, getting a student to take the lease for the last three months. So I can relate to your jangled nerves. Noisy neighbors are the pits, and the more you complian, the more they just laugh and make noise. I hope you get an apartment in your mom's building. Good luck!
Rgirl

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
mmandel said:
If I could move...it would be to San Diego. It's a very pretty area with great scenic surroundings. I saw San Diego last year and just fell in love.

If you do decide to move to San Diego, let me know. I know a wonderful real estate agent! :D :laugh: :love:

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
When I was moving into my building, I asked about children. Nothing against kids (I'm a teacher)
but crying babies are more than I can deal with. Since the two kids in the building were eight and ten,
I said okay. Well, guess what? The ten year screams and cries more than a newborn, and
he's right across the hallway.

I just turn the TV up. (at first, I thought maybe Dad was beating him or something, but this
kid cries at the drop of a hat...)

Laura :)

Hope you get moved soon! Rgirl, in graduate school, I had a neighbor who vacuumed two-three
hours a day. I'm not sure what's worse...snoring or vacuuming....

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Thanks for your replies! I really chuckled at a couple. Thanks for the offer grgranny! I love San Diego myself! It reminds me of Victoria in a way. I guess, I could see myself living there.

I am at "odds" at the moment about what to do - mainly because my work has slowed down so much - only twelve hours per week! Not enough to live on. So I also have the stress of finding more work to support myself. Too many things to think about - plus not being totally happy where I am living.

Things don't look that great to me right now. I am trying to keep positive - but it is difficult. Thanks gang for your support!