Senior OD-Please post all comments and PBP here | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Senior OD-Please post all comments and PBP here

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
1 Isabelle DELOBEL / Olivier SCHOENFELDER FRA 60.35 29.80 30.55 8.00 7.90 8.15 8.15 8.05 0.00 #6
2 Oksana DOMNINA / Maxim SHABALIN RUS 59.33 29.80 29.53 7.75 7.65 7.80 7.80 7.85 0.00 #5
3 Federica FAIELLA / Massimo SCALI ITA 57.89 29.90 27.99 7.25 7.20 7.40 7.40 7.55 0.00 #4
4 Tanith BELBIN / Benjamin AGOSTO USA 57.33 28.30 29.03 7.65 7.45 7.80 7.70 7.65 0.00 #1
5 Meryl DAVIS / Charlie WHITE USA 55.89 28.00 27.89 7.30 7.25 7.40 7.35 7.40 0.00 #2

casken

On the Ice
DelSchoes just rocked it.

If DomShabs got a 59 then this should get a 65 at least.

edit: Only 60??? Come on.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Del/Sho France and D/S Russia probably a lock for gold and silver everyone else will be fighting for bronze. JMO

missysays

On the Ice
By the marks clumping, it looks like it might be the 2 D/S's battling it out for 1st place and then F/S and B/A fighting for that 3rd position. D/W even with the most visible mistake of the event is not that far behind the others.

Wow- the atmosphere is crackling in that joint. Whew!!:agree:

TCAngel18

Medalist
De/lSho France and D/S Russia probably a lock for gold and silver everyone else will be fighting for bronze. JMO

normally i would say not necessarily, but with the favoritism that domnina and shabalin just got, i would say thats true...i would have flopped them with tanith and ben, but thats just my opinion....

jcoates

Medalist
De/lSho France and D/S Russia probably a lock for gold and silver everyone else will be fighting for bronze. JMO

It is close enough that 3-5 will all have a shot at bronze.

Hey with all the weird errors this season, it's possible that the placements could still really move around.

missysays

On the Ice
normally i would say not necessarily, but with the favoritism that domnina and shabalin just got, i would say thats true...i would have flopped them with tanith and ben, but thats just my opinion....

I agree with that- I would have had B/A a little ahead of them because they had more technical strength but way out in front like that ahead of F/S- hmmmm.

TCAngel18

Medalist
i hope so....the free dance has been really wonky this year....delshoes' FD is like an exhibition FD, and i hate spartacus....go tanith and ben, i love their tosca program, its the closest to a program of the contenders

jcoates

Medalist
Well enjoy the rest of the competition folks. I have to sign off to catch a flight. Enjoy.

TCAngel18

Medalist
I agree with that- I would have had B/A a little ahead of them because they had more technical strength but way out in front like that ahead of F/S- hmmmm.

well, just the positioning, not the scores...i would have had
delshoes 59.25
Bel/ago 58.1
F/s 57.7
D/s 56.5
D/w 54.5

jyshin

On the Ice
Accroding to the SBS commentator, DomShbal were rather aggressive during rehearsal earlier in the day. They skated right into DelSchoen but did not slow down. Luckily, they barely missed each other.

missysays

On the Ice
Accroding to the SBS commentator, DomShbal were rather aggressive during rehearsal earlier in the day. They skated right into DelSchoen but did not slow down. Luckily, they barely missed each other.

That doesn't surprise me- DomShab is from the school of Russian intimidation!!;)

Well, this is an incredible tune- up for Worlds. This is a more intense GPF dance competition then I've seen for a long time.

MarieM

On the Ice

Ahhhh Linitchuk in full politiking:clap:
That won't help Maksim skate, he can't anymore and they are painfully slow to watch.
I am so glad Isabelle is so confident right now :lol:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I can't comment on B/A I missed their skate. I would have F/S (Italy) in second place instead of D/S. Otherwise I agree with the standings. Who was the commentator?

casken

On the Ice
I hate to sound like a broken record, but only a .25 difference between DelSchoe and DomShab on Skating Skills is not an accurate reflection of the performances tonight. There should have been a full point difference at least on that mark alone. I can't wait to see the levels and GOE. :laugh:

I would have had it:

1. DelSchoes :bow:
gap
2. F/S :clap:
smaller gap (almost tied)
3. D/W
4. B/A
even smaller gap
5. DomShab