Olsen Twins Make Top "Most Hated" List | Golden Skate

Olsen Twins Make Top "Most Hated" List

WHAT!:eek: I'M not on the "most hated" list?! I demand a recount! Who did the statistics?! There's a cover-up here! I should be in the top ten at least!
R:mad:girl

My Mom l-o-o-o-v-es the Olson twins. Of course she loves Lawrence Welk, too.

I wonder if any figure skaters made the list!

MM

Lucy25

Final Flight
Unlike most young celebrities, these two girls actually *work*. I can't see any reason besides jealousy that anyone would *hate* them. I'd rather see these two be successful then say people like the Hilton sisters who should not be famous at all.

Chele615

Rinkside
I used to think that the Olsen twins were annoying and whatnot since they're so rich at such a young age. However, after watching some story on them on some channel, I realized how hard they do work! They basically have been working nonstop since they were 6 months old. Good for them for figuring out what the public that they're gearing towards wants and needs and providing it for them. They're pretty smart girls for being so young.

I saw that show, too, Chele, and I came away thinking, "Those girls are business MOGULS!" And ITA with you, they work their butts off and they are SMART. Nobody is pushing those girls around. I wonder if the fact that they're twins and have a built-in support system helps? It seems like they've avoided the problems that so many other child stars get into and I just wonder if being able to confide in each other and have someone who truly understands what you're going through had a positive effect? It seems like their parents are pretty well-grounded, too.

Anyway, people can hate Mary-Kate and Ashley all they want--all the way to the bank, not to mention broker, financial advisor, tax attorney, and all the investments the Olsens have. If ever the phrase, "You go, girls!" applied, it's here. Let's just hope they don't turn into twin Martha Stewarts.
Rgirl

Sadie

On the Ice
It's just pure jealousy because they are so successful at such a young age. I think it is great to see how hard the Olsen twins work. They have great business minds.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I suppose they have business sense - Donald Trump and Bill Gates better watch out!

Figureskates

On the Ice
I think the fact that they are twins does help. You have someone watching your back that you can trust.

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
It's just petty, sad people that would be jealous of the Olsen twins. They are beautiful girls with LOADS of talent. And they have WORKED for everything they have earned. Lucy25, wonderful Hilton sisters comment! I guess it's only sensible that two trust-fund bimbos (who have done what....spent loads of cash getting drunk and therefore prolonging the life of that damn annoying paparazzi show on E!) with no clear goals should be placed above hard-working, ambitious girls, right? NO! You go, girls!

Amen to that, BronzeisGolden.

Sadie, I'm curious. What does your siggy "Nár lagaí Dia do lámh!" mean and what language is it?
Rgirl

Yazmeen

On the Ice
Actually, the Hilton sisters do have one other talent--they both always manage to expose at least one breast in their skimpy clothes per every time they are out partying. :rolleye:

I think the multi-talented, classy Olsen twins have little to fear from the Hilton trash queens!

Its interesting. I remember once reading that the manager for the Olsen's talked with the Lipinski's about managing Tara's career, but he/she/they were turned down by the Lipinski's who wanted Tara to have a more "adult image" than Mary Kate and Ashley did at the time. I often wonder if Tara's endorsement career and acting career might have taken off better if the Olsen's managers had worked with her and targeted her appeal to her natural audience, young girls, tweens and young teens (which ended up being her audience anyway with her Limited, TOO gig and shows like "Seventh Heaven.") Mary Kate and Ashley may have a young audience, but they capitalized on it perfectly, and they seem to gaining wider appeal. I wonder how that approach would have worked for Tara.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I have a question but I'm not sure I want to know. Who are the Hilton sisters?

Pookie

Final Flight
How could they put Jan Brady on that list? I love Jan! :eek:

Kathie Lee I agree with, even though I wouldn't use the word hate. I would say I am really,(really, really) annoyed by her.

guinevere

Final Flight
Grgranny said:
I have a question but I'm not sure I want to know. Who are the Hilton sisters?

You will probably wish you didn't know!

Paris and Nicki Hilton are the heirs to the Hilton hotel fortune, and they have been quite the scenesters for the last few years. Paris is 21 now, and Nicki is something like 18 - but they've been famously getting drunk in high class bars for years. They also look frighteningly like Donatella Versace (but with nubile bodies). They're totally ick-o-rama.

But wait! They've decided to start hawking purses - which is kind of almost like getting a JOB!

"Me and Nicky are making our own names," the elder sibling tells the ET Insider. "I don't want to be known as the granddaughter of the Hiltons. I want to be known as Paris."

Good thing she doesn't want to be known as someone with a command of the english language ! :D :D

Seriously, the Hilton sisters are held up as a shining example of the new celebrity - those whose fame is for nothing other than being celebrities.

guinevere