Element Sheets are Up | Golden Skate

Element Sheets are Up

outofafrica

Rinkside
OMG.... if Mao can skate that program clean without downgrades, she'll get 140+!! but that's just not likely though, just too insane!

Last edited:

gold12345

Medalist
She would never get through that without downgrades, but just being able to list that that is what you plan to attempt is amazing. :rock:

Bennett

Record Breaker
Neither Johnny nor Jeremy are planning to do a quad. I think that these could give them an advantage over Takahiko whose success rate in quads in practices is still low.

I hope that both Verner and Joubert land their quads both in SP and LP because they should have the competence to do so it if they are healthy and not too nervous.

The same for PChan with his 3A. I wonder why 3Lz and 3A are slipping away from him even though he landed them many times last season.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Neither Johnny nor Jeremy are planning to do a quad. I think that these could give them an advantage over Takahiko whose success rate in quads in practices is still low.
I don't know about Johnny but as far as I know Jeremy explicitely said he was going to do the Quad in the LP and I can't find a reason why Jeremy shouldn't go for the Quad, it became quite reliable during the end of last season. So I just don't know if we can trust all the information on the sheets.

Bennett

Record Breaker
I don't know about Johnny but as far as I know Jeremy explicitely said he was going to do the Quad in the LP and I can't find a reason why Jeremy shouldn't go for the Quad, it became quite reliable during the end of last season. So I just don't know if we can trust all the information on the sheets.

Thank you for your info. Hmmm. But what we usually see on these elements sheets is that the skaters overstate than understate.

Perhaps Jeremy might be having a hard time with his quad in pracices right before this comp???

In any case, we'll see soon.

Whatever elements he does, I just hope that Jeremy will be nearly clean. Then he has a good chance of winning this comp.

Last edited:

bmcc102

Rinkside
If Mao is clean, I believe she will be the first lady to legally land 8 triples in competition.

The only way to legally land 8 triples in a program is land each of the six types of triples, which means we're really basically just talking about Mao, Tonya, and Midori. Until now, Mao wasn't doing the salchow.

Tonya and Midori never landed all 8 cleanly when they were attempting them (although they both landed clean 7 triple programs).

HCOSurfer

Final Flight
:eek: at Mao's jumping passes. It would be amazing if she could land all 8 triples cleanly, and I thought Miki was going to put the quad in her program throughout the season.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Why would Brian Joubert want to repeat the 3S in his LP and not the Lutz or even the flip (he didn't get an edge call on it at CoR)? Unless he's listed 3S solo but is really planning 4S?

I noticed K&S are the only pair planning a quad throw, which of course they also did at CoR. I can't remember, how much extra does that give them in the base value?

outofafrica said:
if Mao can skate that program clean without downgrades, she'll get 140+!! but that's just not likely though, just too insane!
I think the chances of her skating the elements as planned and landing it all cleanly are slim. But if she gets enough of it done, especially the 3As, the judges may become very excited and give her extremely high GOEs and PCS. ;)

propronia

Match Penalty
Yes, you are lucky to witness the making of a woman Plushenko. Mao's layout is counting in two dg's. Still it will manage 200 points if other parts are OK. I was right about one thing. Her real rivals are the judges and herself.

SXTN

Final Flight
LOL Mao :laugh::laugh:

I think we can call this "psychological attack".. She is trying to intimidate her rivals ;-) Like Arakawa in the practice for Oympics when she did those 3-3-3 combinations. And in competition she did a 3-2.

But we will see... I'm excited :)

decker

On the Ice
Thank you for your info. Hmmm. But what we usually see on these elements sheets is that the skaters overstate than understate.

Iv'e seen overestimated, underestimated, and I think just plain wrong/typos. I can't remember whose it was, but somebody's LP sheet at one event indicated a planned Zayak violation. Kostner's LP sheet at SC was short one jump pass . There have been sheets missing for some skaters. I would just say that the advance information is iffy at best.

Susan

kandidy

Final Flight
I am not a skater and not a competitor, thus I would like to ask that it did effect other skaters? I mean putting the jumping sheets or jumping difficult in practice things.
Does coach has influence on this kind of thing?
:)

bethissoawesome

On the Ice
Mao also seems to be changing her spins around.

In her SP, she has swapped the Flying Sit Spin and Layback.

In her FS, the Flying Sit Spin has been swapped with her flying combination spin (now with a change foot added to it too).

I wonder if she has made a change to bring the layback up to a level 4? I wonder why the change in the FS spin though... no extra base points for that.

bethissoawesome

On the Ice
The base value of a FCCoSp is 0.5 points higher than a FCoSp.

Ah, thanks. :) That's right.... My brain was a little backwards while I was typing and I thought she was changing her CCoSp to a FCCoSp which would have had the same value... even though I specifically wrote it was the FCoSp. :scratch: I think the pain medication for my ankle is making me loopy. :laugh:

Did anyone else notice how similar Patrick Chan's program is to Mao Asada's, except in order.

Both have the following...
3A, 3A+2T, 3F+3T, 3Lz, 3S, 2A, SlSt, CCoSp, FSSp....9 elements total. 6 identical jump passes/jumps, 2 identical spin types, same type footwork sequence... obviously Patrick Chan can't have a spiral sequence :laugh: That's technically 9 out of11 possible similarities in their elements. Both also include a triple loop (except Mao's is in her combination and Patrick's is solo, since Men are allowed an additional jump pass). It's insane how competitive Mao's program is even with the top male skaters.

Last edited: