Element Sheets are Up

propronia

Match Penalty
:scratch:
All I wanna say are:
1. if the 3A-2T would be ratified;
2. will the 3F+3T and 3F-3L be credited
3. would she remain OK after such a restless performance

The 3A+2T shouldn't be a problem. At NHK, she intentionally checked the rotation for the second 3A. The first one was overrotated and it caused a little trouble for making a combination. She's well aware of the need of "improvements". One of the 3-3s could be downgraded but that doesn't matter. The overwhelming technical quantity allows one or two mistakes.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I am not a skater and not a competitor, thus I would like to ask that it did effect other skaters? I mean putting the jumping sheets or jumping difficult in practice things.
Does coach has influence on this kind of thing?
:)

I'm not a skater, but according to many skater autobiographies it does play a mental game with the competition.

The quad men

It would appear that Joubert and Verner may do Quads in both SP and LP. If they do, I think Abbott will throw one in. His success rate is 60-40. These guys want this win or podiuim going into Olys next year.

Kozuka will do a 3Zx3Tin SP, and also try Quad in LP. If he is successful, I think his Tech scores will be high. A combo is 3Ax3T

Chan will do 3Fx3T in SP and LP plus a 3Ax3T in LP.

Weir will do 3Zx3T in SP and 3Ax3T in LP.

Of course, all the unnamed Quads could throw one in.

On paper I would give the Base Score Chamionship to Kozuka.

If Mao is clean, I believe she will be the first lady to legally land 8 triples in competition.
In fact, she is planning 8 triples in onl;y 6 jumping passes, leaving space for an extra double Axel at the end.

Go for it! :clap: :clap:

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
I think she will likely to playdown her second 3+3 into 3+2. She already done 2 3+3 combos in a row in three competition last season, so she is fully capable of it. My only concern is will she be able to land her second 3A without being downgraded. If she can land both 3A even as a solo, it will be a great feat. Way to go Mao.

bethissoawesome

On the Ice
I think she will likely to playdown her second 3+3 into 3+2. She already done 2 3+3 combos in a row in three competition last season, so she is fully capable of it. My only concern is will she be able to land her second 3A without being downgraded. If she can land both 3A even as a solo, it will be a great feat. Way to go Mao.

If she feels like she is not up to going for the 3A combo, she could turn it into a 2A+3T or 2A+3Lo combo, then 3F+2Lo+2Lo, and still do the final 3F+3Lo or 3T depending on what she could use to follow the 2A.

I hope Mao gets the 3A+2T, but even if it is rotated and ratified, I bet there will be negative GOEs galore.

But again, I think the program she has laid out is just further proof that she and her team are experimenting this season and seeing how far they can push the limits with difficulty without it backfiring and getting deductions. It's better to try to put the 3A+2T in her program this season and see if she can complete it and get it ratified and rack up enough points from it to be worth while than to put it in the next year's program that she would be preparing for the Olympics and not knowing the reaction.

I wonder if she is able to skate this program cleanly without e and > marks, etc. if it will wind up being the jump layout we will see her use next year. What else could they possibly add to get more points? Just tacking on an extra 2Lo to one of the combos and perhaps hoping for a 3A+3T as well? I really can't see any more room to add base value to her program unless she gets a quad in a year hehe.

antmanb

Record Breaker
I hope Mao gets the 3A+2T, but even if it is rotated and ratified, I bet there will be negative GOEs galore.

But again, I think the program she has laid out is just further proof that she and her team are experimenting this season and seeing how far they can push the limits with difficulty without it backfiring and getting deductions. It's better to try to put the 3A+2T in her program this season and see if she can complete it and get it ratified and rack up enough points from it to be worth while than to put it in the next year's program that she would be preparing for the Olympics and not knowing the reaction.

I have a feeling that Mao could be testing the water with the 3A+2T combo to see her consistency and marking to decide if it might be worth putting it in the SP next year.

If she did a 3A+2T then she could do a solo 3F (no need to worry about any potential edge change on the Lz). If she opens with the big combo and pops it to a double axel she could have a plan B with 3F+3Lp and solo Lz?

Ant

tae04

On the Ice
Aren't you only allowed to do 7 triples MAX. I don't ever remember the rules allowing women to do 8 triples in one program.

Besides Mao never has landed all that with full credit to my knowledge. A 3 axel will be downgraded along with her 3F/3LP as usual.

Okami

On the Ice
Aren't you only allowed to do 7 triples MAX. I don't ever remember the rules allowing women to do 8 triples in one program.

A lady with a full set of triples including 3A and 3-3 could do 8 triples. There is no rule limiting the number of triples landed. There is only a limit on how many times you can repeat a triple (two, one must be in combination or sequence) and how many types of triples you can repeat (two).

Besides Mao never has landed all that with full credit to my knowledge.

She got credit for 3A and two 3-3's at GPF last season. Besides, there's that wonderful thing called improvement...

A 3 axel will be downgraded along with her 3F/3LP as usual.

Her 3A got ratified twice this season... Actually, I don't remember her ever getting her 3A downgraded, except for the one in combination at NHK, where she used not enough power after overpowering the first 3A a bit. Originally she planned to combo the first 3A.
As for 3F-3L... It might be troublesome. The power training made her jumps much bigger, but it looks like it gave her trouble with the timing of the loop combo. However, she was shown landing a beautiful, huge 3F-3L in practice today. With a bit of practice, she should be able to bring it to competition.