Championnats de France ELITE 2008 (French Nationals) | Golden Skate

Championnats de France ELITE 2008 (French Nationals)

rosee

On the Ice
French Nationals at Colmar (From 18 to 21 December)

Local Time
- Wenesday :
Dance CD (2pm - 2h45pm) Cancelled
Ladies SP (3h45pm - 5pm)
Pairs SP (5h15pm - 6pm)
Men SP (6pm - 8pm),
Dance OD (8h15pm - 9h15pm)

- Saturday :
Ladies FS (3pm - 4h45pm)
Pairs FS (5pm - 6pm)
Dance FD (6h15pm - 7h45pm)
Men FS (8h15pm - 10h30pm)

- Sunday :
Exhibition (2h30pm -5pm)

Roster:

Pairs:
CAMILLE FOUCHER / BRUNO MASSOT CAEN ASCEL JF BALLESTER
VANESSA JAMES / YANNICK BONHEUR FRANÇAIS VOLANTS V. ROLLAND
MELODIE CHATAIGNER /MEDHI BOUZZINE FRANÇAIS VOLANTS V. ROLLAND
ADELINE CANAC /MAXIMIN COIA FRANCAIS VOLANTS

Ladies:

Warm-up 1
VINCIANE FORTIN SKATING VILLENAVE N. DEPOUILLY
VICTORIA SAYADI WASQUEHAL METROP
YRETHA SILETE DAMMARIE CSG C. THEVENARD
CAMILLE MENDOZZA TOULOUSE CPA
CORALIE GROGNET RENNES CSG R. MARS
LENA MARROCCO ANNECY SG D. LUCINE

Warm-up 2
SANDRA SITBON NICE COTE D’AZUR S. GARDE
CHLOE DEPOUILLY SKATING VILLENAVE D. LUCINE
MAE-BERENICE MEITE VITRY ESV C. MOUCHEBOEUF
GWENDOLINE DIDIER COURBEVOIE CO P. PAILLARES
JULIE CAGNON CHAMPIGNY CSG A. DUMONT
CANDICE DIDIER FRANÇAIS VOLANTS K. KRIER

Mens:

Warm-up 1
THOMAS SOSNIAK SKATING COMPIEGNE L. IAFRATE
ALEXANDRE CAMACHO NICE COTE D’AZUR S. GARDE
CHARLES TETAR CHAMPIGNY CSG A. DUMONT
TANGUY LEPAGE COURBEVOIE CO P. PAILLARES
GAYLORD LAVOISIER CHAMPIGNY CSG A. DUMONT
PAUL EMMANUEL RICHARDEAU CHOLET AS

Warm-up 2
JORDAN BERGOUGNOUX TOULOUSE CPA R. MARECHAL
MORGAN CIPRES DAMMARIE CSG C. THEVENARD
JEREMY PREVOTEAUX CHARLEVILLE SG G. ANCELET
ROMAIN PONSART CHARLEVILLE SG G. ANCELET
YOHAN DESLOT CHAMPIGNY CSG A. DUMONT
CHAFIK BESSEGHIER GRENOBLE ISERE PAT F. BONNARD

Warm-up 3
CHRISTOPHER BOYADJI COURBEVOIE CO D. SKOTNICKA
MARK VAILLANT FRANÇAIS VOLANTS K. KRIER
FLORENT AMODIO CERGY CSG B. GLESSER
YANNICK PONSERO ANNECY SG D. LUCINE
ALBAN PREAUBERT CHARLEVILLE CS A. DUMONT
BRIAN JOUBERT CLUB FRANCE JC SIMOND

Dance:

Warm-up 1
HARMONIE LAFONT / STANISLAS ETZOL VILLARS CS K. ARRIBERT
ZOE BLANC / PIERRE-LOUP BOUQUET VILLARD CS K. ARRIBERT
TERRA FINDLAY / BENOIT RICHAUD LYON CSG M. ZAZOUI
CHARLENE GUIGNARD/GUILLAUME PAULMIER BREST SP V. GIRONDE

Warm-up 2
PERNELLE CARRON / MATHIEU JOST LYON CSG M. ZAZOUI
NATHALIE PECHALAT / FABIAN BOURZAT CASTRES SG A. ZHULIN
ISABELLE DELOBEL / OLIVIER SCHOENFELDER LYON CSG M. ZAZOUI

The CD was cancelled last week . Nobody really konws why. It was supposed to be the Paso Doble, a dance that both Juniors and seniors had to do at Internationals competiton.

Nirti

Medalist
I've read that Nathalie Péchalat & Fabian Bourzat were not informed that CD will be the Paso Doble at French Nats. So the French Fed has estimated that they will be penalized and decided to cancel the CD... it's a strange decision

I've read that Nathalie Péchalat & Fabian Bourzat were not informed that CD will be the Paso Doble at French Nats. So the French Fed has estimated that they will be penalized and decided to cancel the CD... it's a strange decision
:confused::confused::confused:
Doesn't that penalty which is weird to begin with affect all the entrants?

Anyway, the Men could cause some upsets.

Candice should take this easily. She has improved so much.

Go Pernelle and Mathieu

rosee

On the Ice
I've read that P/B were the last to know that the CD was cancelled. It's very puzzling :frown:
P/B did the paso at BOTH of their GPs. They were the most trained fo this dance.

Anyway, I think it's just showing that all CDs will be gone soon.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
shouldn't they already know the pattern and practice at the actual event would be enough for them to be competant? makes no sense to me.

rosee

On the Ice
shouldn't they already know the pattern and practice at the actual event would be enough for them to be competant? makes no sense to me.

They had to practice it a lot since it was the CD at BOTH of their GPs.
Doesn't make sense to me either.

evplu

Rinkside
Isa and Oli don´t participate at french nationals. Isa got an injury of her shoulder.

Poor Isa

Will Brian Joubert participate? Is he prepare for it?

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Is there an update on Brian Joubert.
I read that Joubert's uncertain if his back will be ok and is going to wait until the last moment before making a final call on it. I'd rather he miss Nationals and take care of his health than go out and try to skate with an injury, but then it's not up to me... ;)

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Is there an update on Brian Joubert.

Joubert has withdrawn: http://www.lequipe.fr/Ski/breves2008/20081218_150505_joubert-fait-l-impasse.html I think this is a very good decision; he should rest and recover his strength.

Strangely enough, I actually predicted on another thread shortly before the CoC that Brian wouldn't be able to defend his national title.

I anticipate that Ponsero will beat him at the French Nationals. It's just a feeling that I have.

I obviously didn't foresee that a serious injury would be the cause, and it's possible that the French crown will go to Préaubert and not Ponsero, but I was still the only one on this forum who even remotely suggested that Brian would not be this year's French champion.

Last edited:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Joubert has withdrawn: http://www.lequipe.fr/Ski/breves2008/20081218_150505_joubert-fait-l-impasse.html I think this is a very good decision; he should rest and recover his strength.
Absolutely, 100% the right decision. I'm sorry Joubert won't be at Colmar, and I'm sure he must be very disappointed to miss Nats; he has been French champion since 2003. And of course, it'll be a disappointment to the French fans to have both Brian and DelSchoe out this year. But they have to put their health first. I'm actually glad Brian's not pushing it like he did last year and letting his body heal. My one concern is that he'll end up retiring due to injuries like Stephane and Yagudin; he hasn't had a season without health issues since 2005-6. I really hope Brian will end up going out on a high note, like Plush or Buttle.

I actually predicted on another thread shortly before the CoC that Brian wouldn't be able to defend his national title. I obviously didn't foresee that a serious injury would be the cause.
Don't worry, siberia, I know this is not the way you wanted your prediction to come true. May the skate gods smile upon all skaters doing Nats this weekend and grant all the sidelined skaters good health!

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Absolutely, 100% the right decision. I'm sorry Joubert won't be at Colmar, and I'm sure he must be very disappointed to miss Nats; he has been French champion since 2003. And of course, it'll be a disappointment to the French fans to have both Brian and DelSchoe out this year. But they have to put their health first. I'm actually glad Brian's not pushing it like he did last year and letting his body heal. My one concern is that he'll end up retiring due to injuries like Stephane and Yagudin; he hasn't had a season without health issues since 2005-6. I really hope Brian will end up going out on a high note, like Plush or Buttle.

Yes, there really is no point in aggravating his condition when it's not fully healed yet. It's already bad enough that Stéphane retired and Daisuke is out for the season; we don't need any more injured athletes. :no: For a skater like Joubert who has 6 (I think---I might have lost count :p) French titles under his belt, I'm sure that this withdrawal, though disappointing, isn't a huge dent in his career. ;) He'll certainly receive a bye to Europeans and Worlds.

Don't worry, siberia, I know this is not the way you wanted your prediction to come true.

Thanks for recognizing that I never mean to wish any harm on a skater. :) Brian may not be my favourite, but my heart goes out to him. I think that quack acupuncturist who treated him should go to jail. :mad:

May the skate gods smile upon all skaters doing Nats this weekend and grant all the sidelined skaters good health!

I echo your sentiment! :bow:

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
I could have sworn that I wrote something to affect of Brian's withdrawl, but it seems to have vanished...oh well.

As stubborn as Brian is, this is the best decision he could have made, but of course he had to wait to the last minute, and keep us American fans watching three forums until about 4am US time, waiting for some kind of sign....:chorus:

But not taking any of that into account, he will rest up, take the time he needs to truly heal and go to the European Championships stronger than ever, to take back his title.

Has the French Federation come out and say that they will gurrantee Brian a bye to Euros?

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
Brian's problem isn't just a physical one. As Jean-Christophe, his coach, said, he's lacking in confidence, hence the bad results. (plus he's got some personal problems too, but I'm not going to speculate about them).

So who's going to win the men's title? Alban or Yannick?
Artisticly, Alban's LP is superior to Yannick's. Technicly, it all depends on Yannick's mental state: will he ba able to skate two clean programs? In third place, It'll probably be Florent Amodio.

In ice-dancing, it'll probably go Péchalat-Bourzat, Carron-Jost and Blanc-Bouquet.

In pairs it'll probably be Canac and Coia, although I do prefer James and Bonheur.

Candice Didier will probably get gold, but for the other places we'll just have to wait and see.

rosee

On the Ice
I have mixed feelings about the men title: I always had a soft spot for Alban and would love to see him win the title, OTOH Yannick have improved a lot this year and the national title would be a great reward.

Anymore information about Delobel's injury? Is it minor?

The articles says that she got injuried during the exhibition at the GPF. She has a dislocation of the shoulder. If you add the food poisoning. I just think she was exhausted. French Nats is very close to the GPF and the skaters don't have a lot of time to rest.
The articles state that she will go back to training in a week. They should be okay for Euros.

The results of the Wednesday schedule should be ready? No?

For the Men, two skaters will go to Worlds. Joubert, of course, and who? Alban or Yannik.

For Dance, I am counting on Carron and Jost to fill the third spot at Worlds.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Yeah aren't there any links for results? I tried doing a search and came up with nothing.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I don't have much in way of results but here is some info re today's SPs (there was nothing on Wednesday, not sure where that came from). Hope it's accurate, FFSG have not yet updated their website and this came from a fan forum.

P/B lead in the dance, with over 61 points. C/J are second about 4 points behind, followed by B/B.

Candice Didier leads in the ladies with a 51.something. She is the only skater with a score over fifty. Sandra Sitbon, whom I've never heard of and who doesn't have an ISU bio, is apparently second, about two points back.

Canac/Coia are first in the pairs, high 40s. Not a strong pairs field.

I'm pretty sure the men are on the ice now.

Last edited: